Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #41
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

Ive read you can start EPO orally at 34 weeks 2-500mg caps/day. At 37 weeks, up intake to 4-500mg caps/day and start inserting it vaginally 1000-3000mg/day (at night).

Re RRLtea...Im less sure. I know you can drink it throughout preg, but not sure of the amount, but at 34 ish weeks, Ive read a good starting place is 4 cups/day :-)

Have an appt with the midwife tonight. Will keep you mamas updated!

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #42
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Had my 36 week appt. baby is head down, very low and posterior (apparently black women are predisposed to posterior babes due to their pelvic shape). She recommended spinning babies which I will do ASAP!!

My midwife flat out refused to check my cervix. With all the contractions and losing my plug, she said anything could start labor and we want to be cautious for at least another week lol.

Also had my beta strep culture today. They wanted to do a vaginal and rectal swab, but i requested just a vaginal. why would they swab the rectum? wouldnt that almost always yield a positive test??? Isn't that unnecessary??

Other than that, all looks well

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by amb2j; 02-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post

Also had my beta strep culture today. They wanted to do a vaginal and rectal swab, but i requested just a vaginal. why would they swab the rectum? wouldnt that almost always yield a positive test??? Isn't that unnecessary??

i'd refuse a rectal swab too. yuck

i got my induction date set today!!! woo to the hoo!!! i'm having NSTs twice a week now and they are checking my fluid levels once a week as well. my induction is set for 26 march!!! they'll be putting a foley bulb in on the 25th. i'm so excited to know when she will be here!!! i mean of course if she comes before then that is fine too. i told my hubby that once i hit 37 weeks are gonna have sex like every day, lol. i'm also looking into using EPO. the u/s was quick today but she is head down and facing my back! she is pretty low already as the dr. couldn't even see her face.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #44
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Humm...even with the ACA? Mine used to be like that but as of 1/1/13 they had to cover the cost of the pump. There is a loop hole too that if you have a hospital birth you can have them bill the cost of the pump to your insurance as part of your birth costs.
Yep, that is with the law change. The law just says they have to provide it with no cost sharing to the patient... and I guess they're tweaking that to mean that a rental is still providing it, I just won't be able to keep it. Can't complain about that I guess, although I'd love one that I dind't have to worry about giving back. The people I've had on the phone through the ins company have been less than knowledgeable about HOW I go about getting the rental - so when I'm in the hospital for the delivery, I'll be talking with the BFing gurus and get whatever I need at that time (scripts etc). I do have my old (slow) pump here that will work for the first few weeks if I need it - but it certainly won't last the whole year of pumping when I go back to work. I just hope I can figure out how to get them to cover the cost of bags too... I go through a ton of those...especially since I donate a lot of milk too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
Less than 4 weeks for me, and Im not quite ready lol! Ive pretty much got everything together at home, but I havent even submitted my FMLA paperwork at work yet lol! My midwives were supposed to have their portion completed last appt (2 weeks ago), but the person who completes it was out of town and the other midwives didnt know where her completed paperwork was so....I have had to wait another 2 weeks (appt tomorrow) to pick it up. I plan to submit the paperwork Friday, but after then, I should be ready for the most part....but I still have to boil bottles/breast pump and install the carseat lol!

Did I mention we havent even settled on a name yet
We haven't got a name set yet either, thought we did, but we both decided it doesn't "go".

Got my diaper bag in the mail from ebay
Baby shower is set for this weekend... although not a single purchase off my (small) registry yet.
Homecoming outfit (longies) - one leg left to do for those, then still have to do the hat and a sewn shirt... getting harder and harder with increased hand swelling.
Baby's room - still in total disarray and needs a LOT of attention.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #45
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so jealous of everyone who is ready! I still have another 5 weeks (tomorrow) until my due date, and our house is scheduled to be done in about five weeks! Our current house really has no space for baby things, so if she's born while we still live here she'll just be in our bed and have clothes/diapers in a tub somewhere. Its driving my nesting instincts crazy to not be getting a nursery ready for her right now! Our wood floors just got the final coat of varnish so after they cure (about two weeks) I can at least start setting stuff up at the new house, even though we won't be living there. That'll be nice! If only the kitchen could magically just appear and not have to be built! Sigh...but it'll be so nice to move (even though I love our current house and will be sad to (hopefully) sell it) the new house is nearly twice as big as this one, so we won't all be on top of each other all the time!
That being said, i'm SO ready to be done being pregnant!

sorry, i'm really bad at autocorrect and I don't like proof reading!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #46
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samham View Post
Thanks! I'm not sure I could drink that much tea, I am not a tea person at all. I started EPO orally on Monday. May start 3 cups tea a day soon and vaginally EPO.
I don't like tea either but I actually don't mind this stuff. At 36 weeks I started with just one cup a day-totally plain, I that's better than adding anything. The stuff I bought has a nice mint flavor-it's called "earthmama Angel Baby Organics-Third Trimester Tea. At 37 weeks my midwife said I could move to 3 cups perday-that's the max allowance.

I will also be taking Mother's Cordial-another tonic to reduce bleeding post birth, prepare uterus and make for an easier birth.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #47
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
i drank a TON of rrl tea before my son was born and i truly believe it did help. he was my first and i only pushed for 30 mins with him and didn't tear at all!! i really do believe it was because of the tea. i'll be doing the same thing again starting at 36 weeks. oh AND my labor was only 6-7 hrs.
I drank it with my first birth and it was fairly short labour and pushing was only 45miutes with isn't bad for a first baby. I did tear but whatever-it's all on fire down then at that moment in time so it's not like I really felt it although it was the part I feared the most-only afterwards did I realize you don't actually feel it or it didn't feel like now I feared it would.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #48
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
I don't like tea either but I actually don't mind this stuff. At 36 weeks I started with just one cup a day-totally plain, I that's better than adding anything. The stuff I bought has a nice mint flavor-it's called "earthmama Angel Baby Organics-Third Trimester Tea. At 37 weeks my midwife said I could move to 3 cups perday-that's the max allowance.
i just ordered this a couple days ago on amazon! glad to hear it doesn't taste too bad and also glad to know how many cups a day i can drink.

our bx has EPO soft gel tabs so i'll probably get some of those and start them orally at 36 weeks and then start them vaginally at 37 weeks. does anybody know the recommended max dose for EPO?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #49
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Max epo dose I've read is 4-500 mg caps/day orally and 3000mg/night vaginally

Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I never could find a max dose any place. I've been taking 2000 orally and started 1000 vaginally last night.
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote