Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #81
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

Lauren that room looks so comfy! That would have been better than DH trying to cram into the twin bed with me. I HATED him that night. I was all sweaty and hot and he would not get the heck away from me. Thankfully this time he'll have to go home to be with ds

At our hospital you don't get your own room on mother/baby. If they are super busy you have to share your room but that is really rare. And the bathrooms are down the hall, which was fine with me because it was an excuse to get up and walk around. I'm just hoping the new lactation consultant there is as awesome as the last one was.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #82
samham
Registered Users
seller

All our rooms are private, we have our own showers and bathrooms. Both mother baby and the recovery rooms are pretty large and have the full size pull out daybed for overnight guests too. They just got birthing tubs in too but don't think they will be set up in time for me to use them. I am not gonna lie though, I'm jealous of the bigger beds!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #83
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The rooms at the hospital where I will deliver are nice (and fairly new) and, thankfully, all private. I had to share a room and bathroom with my first kiddo and it was horrible. Nothing worse than sharing a toilet with a postpartum stranger.

Had an appointment today, nothing new. Have an ultrasound in a week or 2 to check on size....I don't think he's as big as my last but I'm still measuring ahead so they want to check. Fine with me, I like ultrasounds and I haven't had once in a long while.

We've all been sick this week with an icky respiratory bug, and while the worst of it is over, and everyone is a normal temperature now, there's still too much coughing. Everyone has less than a month to get really healthy, there will be no sickness in March!

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #84
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our hospital rooms are all private with private bathrooms, too. Just no large beds.

MFM appt this morning was uneventful. Fluids were good, NST was good and the little lady is about 7 lbs. We've got an appt Mon and Wed with MFM, then my induction is set to follow on Wed morning. Only 6 days to go, unless she comes on her own!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #85
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

My repeat NST was fine yesterday. Amniotic fluid is now firmly in the normal range (instead of on the boarderline of normal and low last week). I'm starting to (finally) get excited about having a new little squishy! And I still need to pack the birth bag. Right now, all it contains are a bunch of cookies to bribe the nurses and keep DH happy and a can of coconut water. Hehe...all the important stuff, right?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #86
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Installed the carseat base today, got the baby's quilt 99% done this weekend, my bag is packed...this is as ready as we're gonna get! I've been busting my booty on the Wii hula hoop, hoping to get this little girl to move downward (or to start labor).

My last appt is tomorrow morning. Woot!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #87
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Installed the carseat base today, got the baby's quilt 99% done this weekend, my bag is packed...this is as ready as we're gonna get! I've been busting my booty on the Wii hula hoop, hoping to get this little girl to move downward (or to start labor).

My last appt is tomorrow morning. Woot!
Exciting! Hope everything goes well for you guys!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #88
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I've been busting my booty on the Wii hula hoop, hoping to get this little girl to move downward (or to start labor).
haha i want to see that action! you should put it on youtube!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #89
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well you ladies have been super busy. I keep meaning to pop in here to chat but there so much going on I don't know that I'll be able to catch up.

I'm 37 weeks today and life has been insane over here. We found out last week DH has been the victim of tax fraud. So now we have a huge mess on our hands. Ds is turning 3 next week ....but hes been a horrible little monster lately! I saw my midwife last Wednesday and we did group b strep and since I was undressed she asked if I wanted to be checked. I did. We live an hour away from the birth center so I like to know kind where I'm started in I was 2cm. I've been super uncomfortable for the last few days. Both my othed kids came before 38 weeks so we'll see what happens. I'll see if I can catch up on everyone elses news.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #90
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie
Well you ladies have been super busy. I keep meaning to pop in here to chat but there so much going on I don't know that I'll be able to catch up.

I'm 37 weeks today and life has been insane over here. We found out last week DH has been the victim of tax fraud. So now we have a huge mess on our hands. Ds is turning 3 next week ....but hes been a horrible little monster lately! I saw my midwife last Wednesday and we did group b strep and since I was undressed she asked if I wanted to be checked. I did. We live an hour away from the birth center so I like to know kind where I'm started in I was 2cm. I've been super uncomfortable for the last few days. Both my othed kids came before 38 weeks so we'll see what happens. I'll see if I can catch up on everyone elses news.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
I can't believe you might be having a baby this week (if this LO follows suit)! Hope you can get the tax fraud issue cleared up easily and quickly.

AFM: 35-36 week appt today. Only fingertip dilated (not surprised. i have never gone past that on my own, even by 42weeks). Might be looking at delivering in 24 days! Doc would prefer to do the rcs at 39 weeks. I've never had a baby that early, so I will really have to pray about it. He is still fine with waiting for the 25th, which is 40w3d. (He's on vacation in between the 15th and 25th). He just prefers to do rcs at 39. I am ready, but I just wish I could be certain what difference that 10 days would make for Thomason, and for breastfeeding. I am not finding a lot of research for differences in outcomes for elective c/s at 39 vs 40 or 41 weeks. I'm not expecting major risks, but just looking to see about correlation with lung problems, asthma, breastfeeding success, etc. If the odds are the same, I'm game for the ides of march...