Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone thinking about freezing meals yet?

If so what is on your list to make?

I am cleared to bring my own food into the hospital to that is the majority of my focus right now because we live SO far away from the hospital (about 1 hour on a good day) and I will likely be in there for 4-5 days. However I am also figuring out a list of things that I will need for when we come home too.

So far on my list is (* = items for the hospital):
Baked oatmeal*
Pho*
Pate with bread (maybe homemade crackers)*
Shepard's pie (not making it ahead of time but get it to the point so it can be frozen and cooked quickly)
Catfish nuggets (breaded catfish that we can cook at the same time as homemade french fries)

So what is on your list?

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone thinking about freezing meals yet?

I will probably start some things at the beginning of the third trimester. Not sure what I want to do yet. My pinterest board is full of ideas. I know I want to make and freeze some breakfast burritos. Some "one pot/dish" meals...just don't know which ones yet.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Havent started anything yet, but will do some quick throw in crock pot bags. A frozen lasagna, a couple other casserole type meals that can just be tossed into the freezer.
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015) :web: Baby #6 due 2/22/2017
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't thought about what to make yet, but I will start making some come June and July. That way I won't have to cook a full on meal for all of us, and DH won't have to blow up my kitchen

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll start thinking about it in June/July

I do want to make my taco lasanga and possibly talk my sister into making us some lasangas and chicken lasangas like she did last time.

I'll research some more later.

We only have the freezer attached to our fridge so not much freezer space. However we can "talk" my parents and inlaws into borrowing some of their freezer space. But don't want to take it over until a month before.
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess I am getting ahead of myself because we have all the meat right now. We don't have a ton of room in the freezer but honestly I think I need to start thinking about doing things about May. I may deliver shortly after 4th of July so I need some time to prepare.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
I started to make some then found out we were having twins and need to move so I am holding off until we get in our new place. The landlords left an extra fridge/freezer in the garage and we have an extra upright freezer too so I am ready to fill those bad boys up! I am doubling two meals a week and building my stockpile that way.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I will definite make a few casseroles and crock pot meals, plus some muffins. I may also make some lactation cookies and freeze the dough but will they still be good? I assume freezing them wouldn't hurt anything. I will also be sure to stock up on grill-friendly foods since it will be summer and DH can easily grill dinner. I probably won't worry too much about cooking it sticking up until June or so. Like another PP mentioned, I like to just double recipes as I make them. I also plan on just spending a couple afternoons in the kitchen like I did before my first pg/delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also, I won't be taking food to the hospital. Our hospital's food is awful but I will just make do with what they have and send DH out for takeout.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do have interesting stories about getting outside food at the hospital. My father came out when I delivered the triplets and he and my DH went to Burger King and they seriously saw a bearded lady. She was working behind the counter. I guess it was SOOO obvious that DH and my father (one of the most PC people I know) got out of the store and went "did you see what I saw? Was she a bearded lady?" I guess she wasn't even attempting to hide it. So now dad asks me if DH sees the bearded lady if he gets anything from Burger King.

I know people will bring me food when I am in the hospital from outside (mom is looking forward to a cheesestake sandwich) but I am more worried about the other times.