Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #11
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: No spend year: February

I'll try again but I felt like a bit of a fraud last month lol. I have been doing way better so far this month.
My biggest issue last month showed too much takeaway and too many small shops for clothes/crap, I also used disposables last month but am back to cloth now and aiming to do fulltime.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

double

Last edited by Mama2ManyBoyz; 02-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Mama2ManyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

I updated my totals in the January thread. We did great! ($1,000 extra thrown at debt) Much of our success came from cash jobs that are usually few and far between. This month though, we already had two more. $100 from one and $30 from another (would have been $50 but dh gave some of the cash back because it was an easy job). Clearly God is blessing our efforts.

Last edited by Mama2ManyBoyz; 02-05-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Mama2ManyBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #14
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas, I have got to join you all in this! My DH had a big ole' pay cut last week and we are drowning. I have to change the way I do everything in order to save as much as I can. We were doing takeout once/week and that is obviously cut. I'm bad about buying a lot of little things online, and that has to stop. I have got to stick to my grocery list and meal planning, and not be tempted! Please help & hold me accountable!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

mamatomanyboyz.....I read your update! Amazing!!! Congratulations to you and your family for committing to the project and following through. Your slipup at the thrift store made me LOL. You bought gifts for your kids, so you don't have to do it later out of your regular budget, right? And you probably saved money or at least got a nicer gift for less. Keep it up! There are lots of inspirational threads running right now and I love checking into all of them.

I haven't committed to this project yet. I think I could probably do it, but my hubby couldn't. I need more time to work on him. He figures if we don't overdraw the account, we are doing fine. *sigh*
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Took advantage of the kids playing outside to do some cookung. From the chicken I roasted yesterday I made chicken casserole and bbq chicken with homemade sauce and pineapples. I have a little bit of chicken left, and will probably make chicken and rice. I also made chocolate milk, which is just stovetop cocoa in the fridge. I still want to make a baked oatmeal for breakfasts.

In other thrifty news we are in a deadline to scrap our old car, and I will probably need to use some of that money for dd clothes as she just had a growth spurt. I also have a free ten dollar coupon for jcp and barnes and noble to spend soon.
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to have to go grocery shopping soon. We are almost out of milk and veggies. DS put a frozen chicken in the fridge on the bottom. I told him to put a plate under it. He didn't. It's nasty bloody liquid spilled into my produce drawers! I rinsed it all and made a huge pot soup. (a bag of spinach, carrots, celery,tomatos) I tossed the lettuce and stray cucumber. Of course I had to have DH move the fridge out as I can't get the drawers out to clean them unless it is moved away from the wall. So I'll go on the 7th so I can combine it with DS's doctors appts. He has 2 appts back to back.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #18
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay...so I think I'm gonna jump on in here. I just took over the finances from DH. I had given them back to him (reluctantly) 2yrs ago w/a plan in place for him to pay off all of our CC debt in 3yrs. We have a lot of CC debt for various reasons. Most of the reason involve lawyers and taxes and other such tragedies :/ Well, when I gave him the finances, we were making almost half what we are now, and I was making progress. It was slow, but it was progress. Now, after 2yrs, we are at the same spot we started. (can you see my eye twitching!?!). He has several excuses, but really, all I hear is blah, blah, blah.

So, I have made a challenge to myself that I can sleigh this debt!!! To start that, we are NOT buying anything non-essential. We are NOT going out to eat just because I'm too stinkin' lazy to cook.

So far, we have not eaten out ANYWHERE in almost a month!! woot!!! My dietary changes have helped that a bunch as I've gone vegan recently due to some health issues. My DS1 (8y.o.) has asked if we could go to McDs once/month LOLOL. I told him if we sold enough eggs from our chickens that we could

I did buy $22 worth of "non-essential" items at Goodwill yesterday..sigh. I went in to kill time, and we ended up buying about a dozen books and one gallon sized ziplock bag full of matchbox type cars. At least it was mostly books and only one toy item LOL. And I paid out of my checking acct which is my tutor money that I make and not our main budget.

I am about to sell off most of my yarn. And I'm getting ready to stock up my Etsy store and my WAHM page. Hoping to make some extra cash to throw at this debt!!

So....I'll be checkin' in here for support, accountability, and a possible place to vent about DH and have you guys encourage me not to choke him

and btw, I will be using the Dave Ramsey method to pay off this debt. That is what I have been begging and pleading w/DH to do, but he just will not listen....grrr. I hope I kick this debt in the arse if for no other reason to show DH how freakin AMAZING I am
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #19
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so depressed about finances right now. My girls are eating like crazy lately and it's not helping the grocery budget. The vacuum finally bit the dust today and our misc account still hasn't recovered from all the crap that happened last month. DH needs new glasses but ins only covers part of the cost. We're not getting as much as I"d hoped back on taxes so it's going to just *barely* cover paying off our last CC and buying our CSA share for the year.

DH is in the interview process for a new job. Long term it will be a really good move for us and he wants it *so* bad. Short term his pay will drop quite a bit for at least a year plus we'll have to figure out how to afford for him to either commute a crazy distance or live somewhere else during the week.

I've been selling things like crazy but can't even figure out where that money should go. It was supposed to be to pay off debt, but we have baby expenses coming (hospital co-pay, placenta encapsulation, etc), plus with DH's job situation I feel like we should be saving whatever we can... But then we have all the extra stuff cropping up, like a vacuum and glasses that have to be paid for.

On top of all that my will power has basically sucked lately as I've been exhausted from the pregnancy and we already ate out once this month.

I sooo wanted this no-spend year to be amazing for us, but it feels like the universe is laughing at us.

ETA:
So far this month-
$19 for fast food (will come out of my personal money, so not outside of budget, but still bad)
$209 for Azure standard (bulk stuff for the whole month +)
$92.97 in other groceries
$22 for a dipe (paid for w/pp from selling dipes, but still out of budget)

Extra money made:
$140 for wings
$5 for inserts
$30 for bedding set
$12 for flowers
$14 for flowers
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12

Last edited by pgkcb13; 02-06-2013 at 02:06 AM.
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Excited cause we came in under food budget by about 10ish bucks. I try $500 a month, have to admit though, we only did 2 meals to families, normally double that, also were given about 4 dozen pretzels that you bake and the neighbor gave us tons of grapefruit and oranges and a friend have us a meal. So we probably would have gone over if not for those things. Going to try and stay at $500 this month too....

I bought dd bday gift but used pp account funds. A book on little girls and purity, got a steak on eBay, also ds a few books for Christmas same thing, great deals.
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote