Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can I join you here in August?

Hi, welcome!

Great name, I love it! Is the gender "guess" from an ultrasound? I guess it must be, but it seems crazy that you're only a couple weeks ahead of me (I'm due the 17th) and you are already pretty sure of the gender.

How did you whip your lotion? That sounds like a good idea.

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey jen!! Nice to another familiar "face" I am so thrilled for you!!! Welcome!!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oye and all you with the early bird babies!! I wouldn't want one too early but my DD was two days shy of 42 weeks and they had to pull her out. Literally. (forceps not what I had planned ugh but the doc who did it known for his forceps skills and she is perfect so whatever gets the job done right?!!!)
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
Old 02-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Hi, welcome!

Great name, I love it! Is the gender "guess" from an ultrasound? I guess it must be, but it seems crazy that you're only a couple weeks ahead of me (I'm due the 17th) and you are already pretty sure of the gender.

My perinatologist told me the guess, so I think it is accurate. He is head of perinatology in at least 2 hospitals and often has VERY long waits to get to see him. He told me at 30w 6d that my son born at 38 weeks (planned c-section) would be 8 lbs at birth. He was 8 lbs 1 oz. It was then I realized how smart he is!

My OB has a long letter that he (peri) wrote her. I talked to my OB because I accidentally scared her (happens more often then I like to admit to people) and she told me that I should have a copy of it. I can't wait to see it. I see her for the first time on the 12... I thought my peri was going to deliver me so I didn't schedule with her till late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
oye and all you with the early bird babies!! I wouldn't want one too early but my DD was two days shy of 42 weeks and they had to pull her out. Literally. (forceps not what I had planned ugh but the doc who did it known for his forceps skills and she is perfect so whatever gets the job done right?!!!)
Sorry, I had my triplets via classical c-section (vertical cut). My son was born the same way because they thought he was transverse. Because of that I am not allowed to go into labor. So this is typical for me to not go past 38 weeks really.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Forgot to answer this bit.

I took coconut oil and whipped it up in my mixer. I started with about 1/4 cup. Then I took and melted cocoa butter (about 1/4 cup but it is hard to tell as it wasn't solid) in a canning jar in a pot of boiling water. I was dumb though and put the hot liquid on the coconut oil. So it all melted together. So I put my mixer bowl in the fridge for about 15 minutes then took it out and whipped it again. MUCH better this time though it took a few times of scraping the sides to be fully mixed and close to lump free. DS LOVES the stuff. I have stored it in the fridge and I have yet to get it out today. I will let you know if you should do that.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post

I took coconut oil and whipped it up in my mixer. I started with about 1/4 cup. Then I took and melted cocoa butter (about 1/4 cup but it is hard to tell as it wasn't solid) in a canning jar in a pot of boiling water. I was dumb though and put the hot liquid on the coconut oil. So it all melted together. So I put my mixer bowl in the fridge for about 15 minutes then took it out and whipped it again. MUCH better this time though it took a few times of scraping the sides to be fully mixed and close to lump free. DS LOVES the stuff. I have stored it in the fridge and I have yet to get it out today. I will let you know if you should do that.
ooooo I love this!! i use so much coconut oil on everything but this sounds awesome.... i bet it smells good too!!

Maybe you all having babies early will encourage this one to come out in a timely fashion.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post

Thanks! I'm totally going to do this, it's so dry here and we've been going through a ton of moisturizer for the kids. What did you mix it in, a KitchenAid? Sorry for the 20 questions!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks! I'm totally going to do this, it's so dry here and we've been going through a ton of moisturizer for the kids. What did you mix it in, a KitchenAid? Sorry for the 20 questions!
Yes I mixed it in my KA stand mixer (that I normally curse every time I use it). I also added a bit more coconut oil to the mixture as I think my cocoa butter measurement was a bit off. The key is to make sure it is WELL mixed and a semi solid when being whipped.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you!