Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #71
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Re: What silly thing did you believe when you were a kid?

Oh yes, I also believed that no one breaking into the house, and no monsters and the like, could hurt me as long as my feet were under the covers...if a foot accidentally got "free" and I awoke to my foot sticking out I would totally panic...

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #72
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
That there were tons of coins buried in the sand at the beach and if I could just get a metal detector, I would be raking in the cash.
Actually, that's not terribly incorrect--we had a metal detector for years and pulled it out at every beach vacation

We found quite a bit of change, a lot of gold, and some cool old coins.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #73
mrsrozberry
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel
Don't drink and drive commercials were really big when I was little. I was convinced my mom was breaking the law, and this caused me major amounts of stress, by drinking her Diet Coke and driving. I was sure she was going to get in trouble.
I thought this too!!
mrsrozberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #74
jemanly02
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
I watched Jaws when I was really young and became completely terrified that this shark was coming to get me. I wouldnt swim in the lake, pools, and starting to become afraid of the bathtub, so I had to switch to showers. One time taking a shower I started to think about this shark and imagined pieces of it coming through the shower head bit by bit and piecing itself together in the shower and eating me. I really thought this could happen and started taking 2 min terrified hurried showers to avoid getting eaten.
This exactly! I thought the sharks could come up through the drains in tubs and pools...
I also believed that my toes would fall off if I swallowed bubblegum. My father told us that all the time, one of my earliest memories.
And I don't know where I came up with it, but I thought itches were little witches under your skin poking you with the pointy part of their hats!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #75
jenbo831
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought people were inside traffic lights and thats why when you pulled up they would turn green. haha
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #76
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

This American Life did a whole hour on this topic it was great. I will see if I can link t.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #77
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I believed in the tooth fairy til I saw my dad in his night wear with money..... I can't remember how old. I thought the tooth fairy was someone that was really pretty that wore a dress... kind of a let down.....