Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

Help! Microfleece repelling!

Seemingly all of a sudden all my mircofleece lined pockets have repelling issues. Some of them are brand new, others I have had for a while. Here is my wash day laundry load
5 peachy green ago and ai2
5 green acre designs
1 amp
3 moraki cloth
3 rainshine designs
plus the bamboo and hemp soakers for each

I have a fl washer. I do a prewash on cold, then hot wash, cold rinse, then an.extra rinse. I used 3/4 tbsp rockin green classic rock. Then everything goes in the dryer on low for about 75min.

I think they are repelling because I am getting major leakage and I noticed that the inserts are only wet in the back...but my son obviously pees in the front. I don't have any leaking issues with my pg or rsd. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

workingdiaperingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Raspberry Kisses
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help! Microfleece repelling!

Sounds like they need to be stripped... I've never used Rockin Green so I can't comment on its effectiveness. I would boil everything and see if that helps. I hope you figure it out soon!
Raspberry Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes I would strip as well and switch detergents. Very few people have success with RnG.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

Should I have to separate the natural fibers and the microfleece when I wash?

Also, would country save be better?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry Kisses View Post
Sounds like they need to be stripped... I've never used Rockin Green so I can't comment on its effectiveness. I would boil everything and see if that helps. I hope you figure it out soon!

Hmmmm, boil PUL? I wouldn't.

First, strip them all. I would do baking soda in the wash and vinegar in the rinse. Then a few more hot washes with nothing.

Then go to WM and buy some Sport Wash. It's in the camping section, white bottle, orange label. It is all I ever used to wash diapers for over for years. They never smelled and never repelled, and I never had to strip my pockets again. It is made to remove human smells and keep fabrics residue free.

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

It sounds most likely your diapers are fine, but your son pees so fast he's flooding the diaper. Microfleece and other stay dry layers take time to absorb (try it by dumping water on any synthetic versus cotton or bamboo). Getting the diaper more firm against his body could help, or you might need a different fabric against his skin.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

the diapers are soaking in some blue dawn right now. After I give them all a good rinse I will see if water rolls off of them. If they look to be ok I will try to fit them on my son a little snugger and see what happens. Should I switch detergents?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
workingdiaperingmom
Registered Users

also my son is 4 months old. Can he really be peeing so fast that the mircofleece isn't able to absorb quick enough? Would an organic bamboo velour be better?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

any chance the elastic is going? When I had the issue of only the back part of the insert being wet I determined that all the pee was running of of the diaper before it had a chance to be absorbed.

We use RnG with no issues here with soft water.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingdiaperingmom View Post
also my son is 4 months old. Can he really be peeing so fast that the mircofleece isn't able to absorb quick enough? Would an organic bamboo velour be better?
My dd reached a point where I had to have 100% cotton towards the fleece in a pocket. Hemp didn't absorb fast enough. So, I stuffed pockets with a thin cotton insert on top of a hemp insert, with the cotton towards the fleece and the hemp towards the PUL.

What inserts are you using? It could be that he has started peeing more at once, and you need an insert with a faster uptake.

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote