Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A question for mom's with multiples

When you were pregnant with multiples vs. singletons before you knew you were carrying multiples did you just have a 'feeling' that there was or may be more than one??

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A question for mom's with multiples

Yes. All 3 times, I knew it was twins before it was even confirmed that I was pregnant. I do IVF...so....it's obviously I have a higher chance. However, I also knew with my single that he was a single before it being confirmed. I knew I was going to miscarry before I had any signs of it and I knew I was going to lose one of the twins with my 3rd set before we discovered I had by u/s. So, I have no doubt that despite it being more probable, I have a strong intuition and would have known anyway. I really just KNEW, instinctively, there were two babies in there. I had no doubt.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes. All 3 times, I knew it was twins before it was even confirmed that I was pregnant. I do IVF...so....it's obviously I have a higher chance. However, I also knew with my single that he was a single before it being confirmed. I knew I was going to miscarry before I had any signs of it and I knew I was going to lose one of the twins with my 3rd set before we discovered I had by u/s. So, I have no doubt that despite it being more probable, I have a strong intuition and would have known anyway. I really just KNEW, instinctively, there were two babies in there. I had no doubt.
This makes me feel better- we haven't even confirmed the pregnancy and already I am having dreams (actual dreams not the hopeful kind lol) that there is more than one. I never felt like that with any of my other pregnancies not even with my last one which I (kinda) wished was multiples to explain the wretched time I was having.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know exactly what you mean. With my first, I knew he was just one, but I was hoping he was two. I sort of tried to hold out hope, but I knew it was one. There is a big difference between hoping and trying to feel something and really knowing something deep inside you.

With the 3rd set, I was put through the ringer trying to figure out if it was 2 because the second was hiding very well and I had to have 2 u/s and a radiologist confirm (there definitely were 2 with 2 different heartbeats). I was starting to think I was crazy because I still just knew it was two despite the hesitation of the OB and u/s tech to say it was 2. However, as sure as I was there were two babies, I also knew I wasn't going to actually have 2 babies, if that makes sense. I even told my husband and my mom, "I know there are 2 babies in there, but I don't think we are going to have 2 babies." I didn't know exactly what I meant by that. I lost the second baby at 8 wks.

I also knew genders of my children early on.

I definitely think some women have a very strong intuition about what's going on with their pregnancy.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
BrandiGill
Registered Users

My Mood:
Nope not a clue I found out at 16 weeks.
BrandiGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Elia
Registered Users
seller

I am with Heather, I just knew each time we would miscarry, or the pregnancy would be good, and I knew how many. It was always just a feeling for me.
Elia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
kdailey0901
Registered Users
seller

When I was preggo with my twin girls, I knew from the start that it was twins because of having that feeling. I am also a nurse, so I had a little more than just a feeling (fundal height, excessive symptoms, feeling extremely full after eating) to go off of. I think mama intuition is way more powerful than we give ourselves credit for.
kdailey0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
beaniekins
Registered Users

I swore that I could feel two eggs implanting in two different places but then I told myself I must be imagining it. I never had any implantation bleeding like I did with my first so thought I wasn't pregnant at all. But, guess what? It was twins after all!
beaniekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also do IUI/IVF, so multiples are always a possibility, but I absolutely just "knew" two embryos implanted this time. I was really disappointed & frustrated at my first, 5 wk, u/s & the nurse said she could only find one for sure, she couldn't tell whether the second was another sac or just a blood vessel...a week later there were 2 hbs
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Yes, as soon as I saw the positive hpt I knew it was twins. I had it confirmed by US about 2 weeks later.