Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: one size diapers best for newborns?

i'mplanning on doing fbis not elites for new baby.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingham
Thanks for the info. I guess now that I think about it, since I (Lord willing) will have more than one child, the newborn diapers will still get more than 2 months of use in the long run. At this time I'm not really interested in flats/pre-folds. They seem a little intimidating to me, since I have never used them, and want something that will be easy for me, hubby, and babysitters/ church nursery workers. I'm looking at AIOs, pocket diapers, and variations of those.
I've used 'em, and I say stick with pockets and AIOs.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
I loved having newborn diapers. You'll get a lot more poo leaks in OS diapers and disposables when they are that tiny.
I got a little too impatient to try out all the cute OS diapers I had... This happened almost every time, but not in the nb ones.
TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Gosia_Cz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SoftBums are great for a newborn. My DS was 6.14 lbs and they fit superb!! Never had a leak or a blowout. Honestly I'm really surprised that I didn't have to wash soiled clothes, like I used to with my DD using disposables. Definitely recommend soft bums!!!
Gosia_Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
Dancingham
Registered Users

ok. I will definitely be trying the softbums. I'll probably get a few newborns, but the softbums look great!
Dancingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Aprilia
Registered Users
seller

I used nb prefolds and grew to love them, but I think that Fuzzibunz OS would be the diaper I'd try for newborns. It's definitely the trimmest and smallest fitting among my stash of BGs, Sunbabies, and Whammies.
Aprilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Softbums fit my son from 5.5lbs up. The echos were super trim, and although we didn't get leaks with the omni, I found them quite bulky! We love our softbums!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingham
ok. I will definitely be trying the softbums. I'll probably get a few newborns, but the softbums look great!
Get the Velcro it works great!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #19
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend the Thirsties duo line (I just started a poll about them fitting newborns ) They generally fit newborns and up to about the start of the Medium size. With DS we used the size ones and loved them.

Other than that, as people are mentioning, softbums do seem to work from newborn on. We are all about the AI2 system and I am looking forward to trying the one that SB puts out for the next child.

I would like to mention that using softbums AI2 as designed on a newborn will probably not be very cost effective. Since newborns poo so much, you would rarely be able to reuse the cover when used as designed. SB are on the expensive side so personally I don't think that is a good idea. If I were going with a full stash of SB I would consider how much I wanted for the 6m+ phase and get that (and use with newborn of course). Then I would, personally, get newborn and/or infant prefolds (or fitteds) to snappi/bongo on under the softbum covers so we could actually reuse the covers some. Then supplement the newborn stash with thirties duo (or other nb diapers) if I felt it was needed. (to have up to 30-36 changes)

We didn't really use an AI2 system for the small size on DS so it's hard to remember but I don't *think* the AI2 system would work great until say 6months, that is about when we transitioned to mostly using an AI2 system. So having the softbums with say the thirties duo and some prefolds could be a great stash that, if well planned, could almost last through until the softbum stopped fitting without spending extra cash on softbums.

If looking at the pocket style softbums, then this doesn't help. LOL
Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-03-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
I would recommend the Thirsties duo line (I just started a poll about them fitting newborns ) They generally fit newborns and up to about the start of the Medium size. With DS we used the size ones and loved them.

Other than that, as people are mentioning, softbums do seem to work from newborn on. We are all about the AI2 system and I am looking forward to trying the one that SB puts out for the next child.

I would like to mention that using softbums AI2 as designed on a newborn will probably not be very cost effective. Since newborns poo so much, you would rarely be able to reuse the cover when used as designed. SB are on the expensive side so personally I don't think that is a good idea. If I were going with a full stash of SB I would consider how much I wanted for the 6m+ phase and get that (and use with newborn of course). Then I would, personally, get newborn and/or infant prefolds (or fitteds) to snappi/bongo on under the softbum covers so we could actually reuse the covers some. Then supplement the newborn stash with thirties duo (or other nb diapers) if I felt it was needed. (to have up to 30-36 changes)

We didn't really use an AI2 system for the small size on DS so it's hard to remember but I don't *think* the AI2 system would work great until say 6months, that is about when we transitioned to mostly using an AI2 system. So having the softbums with say the thirties duo and some prefolds could be a great stash that, if well planned, could almost last through until the softbum stopped fitting without spending extra cash on softbums.

If looking at the pocket style softbums, then this doesn't help. LOL
Good Luck!
Agreed!
March is offline   Reply With Quote