Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
baileygirl01
Registered Users

Overnight Solution???

I am a new mom to a fifteen-week-old son and also new to cloth diapering. He is close to sleeping through the night, so I'm searching for an overnight cloth diapering solution. I tried Woolybottoms over a Thirsties Duo but he has very sensitive skin and had a bad reaction to the wool. He would also still wake up damp. Right now we are using disposables at night, so I'm hoping someone on here can give me an idea of what works best at night.

Advertisement

baileygirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

Re: Overnight Solution???

I make nighttime hybrid fitteds. They have very absorbent soakers and work very well paired with wool or fleece (I make those, too). You can check out my Facebook page, linked below, for fabric choices (look in the Cotton Knit Fabrics album). I will be stocking fitteds in my Hyena Cart shop later it's month as well!
Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
mbusd03
Registered Users

Did you stuff anything into the Thirsties Duo? And did you lanolize your wool? Your son might just be a heavy wetter and might need a little extra stuffed into his fitted. Also, what kind of reaction did he have? Are you sure it's the wool? Fleece is another option if your ds is sensitive to wool.

Right now I'm using a Disana wool soaker over a Bumboo Bamboo fitted. I've also used a Lollidoo fleece pocket stuffed with a grovia bamboo prefold and a microfiber insert. I definitely prefer the wool, but the fleece pocket does the job as well. I've heard great things of ME bamboo Sandy's and they are also very affordable.
mbusd03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

A few hemp doublers might do the trick. Green Mountain Diapers are my favorite.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
baileygirl01
Registered Users

I did not stuff the Duo and the wool came pre-lanolized. He got really red and raw on his thighs, so I know it was from the wool cover. Thanks for the suggestions. I guess it's just a matter of trial and error.
baileygirl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use and recommend a Motherease Onesize stay dry diaper with the snap in stay dry liner...cover it with a Motherease airflow cover, a wool cover or some other cover that you like. For my heavy wetting son I put in a little hemp doubler under the liner for extra absorbancy
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found the Bum Genius stay dry to have the best stay dry suede cloth. I generally don't like pockets but we used BG 4.0 for nighttime. I used the OS Microfiber insert in the pocket closest to the babe and hemp below that. This combos work for alot of moms because the MF absorbs quickly and the hemp holds more and hold the moisture back. In theory bamboo would work too, but I'm a fan of hemp personally.

I've wondered in the BG freetimes would work well too with a hemp insert tucked underneath.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.earthmomandbaby.com/shop/...o-snap-size-2/ we use these with a stay dry liner and fleece covers. Sometimes her pants are damp but thats it. Our other baby wears hemp prefolds with hemp stay dry liners under fleece covers. Sometimes she soaks through
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote