Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I just went through my TTC stash and....EDIT..help me decide what stays or goes

UPDATE in post #4....help me go through the list and see what makes the cut.

I am actually pretty frustrated with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used cds with my older kids, tried just about everything under the sun eight to ten years ago, and found out a few things about my preferences:

-I prefer side snapping diapers and either side snapping or pull on covers. My short waisted, no-hiney ds couldn't wear anything else. My dd had a longer rise and could wear front aplix. I HATED, HATED, HATED front snaps....I can't stand all of those snaps across the front, and that was before they started the snap down rise style.

-I have heavy wetting nbs. Newborn pfs and fitteds lasted for about a week and a half around here, then my babies out wet them. We moved on to infant prefolds until they fit into other diapers. But, they seemed to not pee with enough force to get through stay-dry inners at first, so my pockets may not work in the nb stage.

-I never really liked trifolding anything....no trifolded prefolds or inserts. If a AI2 or pocket needs an insert, I prefer a pad style...like a joey bunz.

-I always had wicking with encased elastic on PUL. I know others prefer it, but no matter how much I stuffed, it wicked.

-I prefer WAHM made.

So, I as I am looking at all of these diapers that I thought I just had to have because I MIGHT like them, I got mad at myself. I have a ton of Fuzzibunz and Charlie Bananas, why???? They don't match up with my preferences. Well...it's because I always wanted to like them, so you know, THIS BABY THAT HASN"T EVEN BEEN CONCEIVED YET might be just the one that I love them on. They are going. I am going through everything else and getting rid of anything that doesn't match up to my criteria. The only things I really need are:

-prefolds
-a few fitteds
-covers...dappi worked great for the nb stage and I can spend money on cuter ones that baby would wear longer
-snappis
-a few simple diapers for dh and the older kids to use, but who I a kidding, mom does all nb diaper changes anyway
-I may keep my few Thirsties Duo AIOs and get six Nana's Bottoms to see if the style fits, so church nursery would have something a little simpler than side snaps

Then baby will eventually be able to use all of my small and medium GADs.

I did order a Peachy Green Switcheroo cover which could end up being just what I am wanting for a AIO/AI2 system. If I have it prepared with an insert already in it, then dh or the kids can put it on quickly. This would meet all of my requirements of natural inner so their pee doesn't roll off of fleece, side snapping, elastic across the front, and CUTE! Does anyone know if Switcheroos fit newborn thighs well?

I think it has been my quest to find the perfect AIO/AI2 for the nb stage that has gotten me in trouble. I have spent A LOT of money on diapers and still cannot find the one "easy" diaper for the newbie stage.

Advertisement

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 02-04-2013 at 01:24 PM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Shaylee
Registered Users

Re: I just went through my TTC stash and....

Bamboo Sandy's with Bummis pull on covers!

This might be the magic combo for you. Good luck TTC.
Shaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I have a few xs Sandys coming, and I like Dappi nylon covers or Airflows. I may use snappied prefolds myself, then have Sandys for anyone else. Dappis will work over both along with any wool I crochet. If the Switcheroo will fit a nb, I will give up looking for an AIO. If not, I will sew my own. My small and medium GADs stay!

I am okay with the FB and the CB going. I am having a harder time convincing myself to sell my four Thirsties AIOs, but then I remember I didn't have good luck with the encased elastic. The hardest is my Grovia shells. I have nine, and worked at getting some of the older prints. I may hold on to those even though they have encased elastic, and for some reason their Aplix doesn't bother me.....maybe because they are lower rise and it doesn't look like it cuts right across the chubby part of the tummy.

Or maybe I am just in a mood cuz everything is getting on my nerves. Plus, I want to be pg, and dh' s crazy work schedule has probably kept that from happening this month!

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Okay, I gave myself a few days and then went through everything this morning.

Here is what stays for certain:
6 Bummis preemie pfs
12 Grovia bamboo nb prefolds
8 small GADs
7 xs Sandys
1 Sun Seedlings AIO small
4 Diaper Circus covers small
6 Thirsties hemp pfs size 1
2 Switcheroos size 0 covers
14 medium GADs
2 small Sandys
5 ME OS
various doublers and inserts

I want to have an even dozen of the xs Sandys and decide about more smalls when we actually have a baby. The OS are stay-dry with liners, and I plan to make them our night dipes with wool soakers that I crochet. I love the Switcheroos and am considering just using them with the snap-in inserts as our AIO/AI2 for daddy and older kids along with Sandys with pull-on Dappis....which I will purchase before a baby arrives (nb and smalls). I also need to get 12-18 infant sized pfs and crochet some wool.

Things I cannot decide on are five Nana's Bottoms AIOs size small and my nine Grovia shells. The Nana's Bottoms may be our perfect church nursery AIO if they ride below the belly...I can't stand front aplix that cuts across the belly and leaves baby looking uncomfortable. I have a soft spot for the Grovia shells, though I don't care for the inserts. Again, they have aplix, but seem to have a low rise, and the prints are so cute. I have the Nana's on FSOT, but am not convinced I want to sell them yet. Any opinions. The Grovias haven't made it to FSOT since I haven't let go of my desire to love them yet. I also have 18 Swaddlebees Capri inserts in size 1 that I haven't decided about, yet. They don't seem like they would be absorbent enough, but if they are, they would be great to use as an AI2 system with the Switcheroos.

I also have one Peachy Green Sprout Up AI2 on the way.

Things that I have listed for sale include all of my Fuzzibuns xs, small, medium, and elites. Also, Charlie Banana xs and small, some Thirsties Duo AIOs, and brand new Applecheeks. They were each hard to let go for various reasons, but they all violate at least one of my major dislikes...front snaps or encased elastic.

Please give your input on anything else you think should be destashed!

dd 10yo
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just went through my TTC stash and....EDIT..help me decide what stays or goes

It sounds like your remaining unsures you have reasons as to why you might have uses for them. Keep 'em you can always destash them later if you find they didn't work out. It stinks to get rid of something only to want it back later.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Hmm I'd let go of the thirsties bc they may not cut it for your heavy wetters. What inner/soaker combo are the nanas bottoms? They could be your perfect easy diaper!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I just went through my TTC stash and....EDIT..help me decide what stays or goes

I sandies so I suggest many more of them if the LORD blesses us with another baby I hope to use all xs sandies for the newborn stage. My 6 month old is in small sandies and my 2 year old shares the small bamboos (they are extra stretchy) and has large organics for overnights and outings. I have some meos too but I really like the sandies a lot. The meos dry faster and have their own benefits but sandies are the best diapers IMO.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas View Post
Hmm I'd let go of the thirsties bc they may not cut it for your heavy wetters. What inner/soaker combo are the nanas bottoms? They could be your perfect easy diaper!
Yep, the Thirsties are on FSOT already.

I have five small Nana's. Two are birdseye and the other three are fleece lined with sherpa soakers. I think I may sell them then get six nb and six small with hemp soakers since I typically have heavy wetters. From pics that I have seen, they fit little ones under the belly so they may satisfy me.

dd 10yo
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
Shaylee
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post

I want to have an even dozen of the xs Sandys and decide about more smalls when we actually have a baby.
I'm with you. Odd numbers of any type of diaper drives me crazy. Half a dozen or a dozen is ideal, but just having 2 or 4 of one type of diaper is better than an odd number. It may sound obsessive, but I can't help it.
Shaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree

Yep, the Thirsties are on FSOT already.

I have five small Nana's. Two are birdseye and the other three are fleece lined with sherpa soakers. I think I may sell them then get six nb and six small with hemp soakers since I typically have heavy wetters. From pics that I have seen, they fit little ones under the belly so they may satisfy me.
I'm gonna go look at the thirsties but yes her hemp with velour inners are amazing diapers
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote