Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Trouble starting non human milk? Or something else?

My dd is 14 months old, and still drinks a lot of breastmilk all day(Like 6 to 8 bottles) along with her small meals. I've been EPing for her since day one and have continued to do so after I was unsuccessful at switching her over to the breast.

I had every intention of pumping for another few months at least, but I've recently become pregnant, and already my milk supply is dropping lower and lower at only 5 weeks. So I've introduced some Meyenburg goat's milk(pasteurized, unfortunately, I have not been able to find a good source of raw milk in my area) last night, and she seems to love it. The only problem is that she has been spitting up a bit today. Now, I think she had started doing that a little before I started the goat's milk, but it was less often. Judging by when she started spitting up, I'm guessing it was just after I'd became pregnant(when I started showing symptoms but it was too soon to test). Could there be something in my milk that's causing her to spit up? This morning when she did it she had only had my milk, not the goat's milk, so I was hoping she wouldn't spit up again, but it still happened. Each time she does, it's only a tiny amount, like a teaspoon or tablespoon worth. She hasn't had this problem since she was a really little baby, and I'm just concerned that maybe she's having stomach issues or something.

If she's still having trouble, my other option is organic cow's milk, which is what the rest of us drink.

Advertisement

Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trouble starting non human milk? Or something else?

Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
oldmomma
Registered Users

Re: Trouble starting non human milk? Or something else?

My daughter always spit up and fused when I drank cows milk so I didn't want to supplement with regular formula so I started Meyenburg goats milk with my daughter at like 6 months. She was fine for several months and then had a diaper rash that wouldn't go away until we stopped feeding her the goats milk. My doc and I assume she had a milk protein allergy and goats milk protein is very similar to cows milk protein. So now we switched to almond milk. It has to the most calories, etc. rice or soy or coconut. We get the vanilla sweetened so it has even more calories. She seems to be fine and growing at 18 months.
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote