Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #131
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: February Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
but the big news is that the twins are being detained and they are coming here. she is being induced on the 7th at 36 weeks. mom said they are anticipating a nicu stay. i am very concerned about their health and mom is very upset that they are being detained so i am a little worried that she could take off which would be bad for her case as well as being bad for the babies continuity of care.

i am excited but i am also terrified at the thought of 2 newborns at once in addition to J and his craziness and THE LAUNDRY. the reality of going from a family of 3 to a family of 6 in just 8 short months is setting in and i'm getting a little nervous! when will i sleep? when will i grocery shop? what if i get a migraine? i'm getting BOTOX tomorrow for the headaches so really praying for some relief in that area before the twins come home. :/
So is there something going on that is making everyone think they won't be healthy other than being twins? I didn't think twins was that big a deal medically these days, but I've never had any They usually come early on their own though right? So is inducing twins unusual?

What is going on with granmda? Just still working through the process? Why now after her grandkids have been in care how long? A year? I really think relative claims should have an expiration date

Just remember to breathe! When you get babies that you didn't birth and you feel physically well it's easy to forget that you still deserve the same breaks for caring for newborns. Don't find time to grocery shop. Send dh to the drive through or to the store for a freezer load of frozen food. Every time we have a newborn in the house we sort of go into convenience mode for about six months or at least until baby is sleeping through the night. (This one is eight months on Sunday and still not sleeping longer than five hours a stretch which is way older than any other baby we've had.) Very different than my usual labor intensive mode of make everything from scratch, use all cloth and wash, etc. but it what gets us through. (Dh would rather have paper towels and frozen food anyway.)

Advertisement

sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #132
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Re: February/March Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
I felt it physically too with dfd1. I do think I am guarding too. It is a strange feeling to be rooting for mom though while hoping to be able to adopt these kids...i don't know what I want! I will be devastated if they go to the grandma though. Very worried about that.

Wondering about angie too.
Well as odd as it must be to feel that way...you are literally DCFS's dream foster parent. One who wholeheartedly roots for the parents while simultaneously loves the kids enough to adopt them. It's almost impossible to ask that of people, but that's awesome that you can feel that way!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #133
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I forgot to mention X-man has again been moved due to his behaviors. The sister is in the process of being moved due to her behaviors. This whole thing is just so sad. I keep wondering if they have to keep moving them what happens when there is no where for them to go? What do they do with kids that no one can manage?? They have to find a place, so what do they do? I know they really have struggled to find placements for them before and it can only be getting harder. With each move I must assume they are getting worse. I feel so bad for everyone in the situation.

I just PRAY that bio-dad will get it together for Little-Man. He is the dad to the little girl too but the agency said they will definitely move one child at a time if that is what needs to happen. They also said that Little-Man will be the first to go home. I am worried because I see Little-Man's attachment growing and I just want him to attach to his dad and not have the issues X-man and the little girl have. I don't want to see him hurt that way!!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #134
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Relatives should have an expiration date!

Last edited by newmommy13; 04-11-2013 at 10:41 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #135
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thinking of you and praying for you, I.

I understand that physical pain feeling. Had it with my first and had it with my current.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #136
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand that physical pain feeling. Had it with my first and had it with my current.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #137
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post

any news from you? i'm thinking of you too mama.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #138
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
I forgot to mention X-man has again been moved due to his behaviors. The sister is in the process of being moved due to her behaviors. This whole thing is just so sad. I keep wondering if they have to keep moving them what happens when there is no where for them to go? What do they do with kids that no one can manage?? They have to find a place, so what do they do? I know they really have struggled to find placements for them before and it can only be getting harder. With each move I must assume they are getting worse. I feel so bad for everyone in the situation.

I just PRAY that bio-dad will get it together for Little-Man. He is the dad to the little girl too but the agency said they will definitely move one child at a time if that is what needs to happen. They also said that Little-Man will be the first to go home. I am worried because I see Little-Man's attachment growing and I just want him to attach to his dad and not have the issues X-man and the little girl have. I don't want to see him hurt that way!!
i just saw this! i can't believe he is being moved so quickly again. so very sad. i am glad that they were able to separate the two brothers and keep little man with you, i think that will go a long way towards him understanding what a normal attachment is like. even if he does leave you and go home it will be through a smooth transition not like what it must have been for the big brother. that is the worst thing.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #139
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Well as odd as it must be to feel that way...you are literally DCFS's dream foster parent. One who wholeheartedly roots for the parents while simultaneously loves the kids enough to adopt them. It's almost impossible to ask that of people, but that's awesome that you can feel that way!!!
we will see if i feel that way after caring for the twins! lol! also this is the longest i've ever had a kiddo and i might feel differently when it comes right down to someone actually taking him away from me.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #140
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quick update: so things are still going really well with our teeny newbie. She's healthy, growing (don't you wish they would stay tiny forever, too??), and fits in perfectly in my fam. From the way things are looking according to the SW, she is likely our last foster placement. They will be filing TPR for her in 90 days (abandonment, nobody has seen or heard from her bios), and for our 2 year old DFD in early summer (this one is going to be an ugly fight though). I hate to be prematurely excited, but the prospect of adopting these two sweet little girls and completing our family makes me so happy. Adoption around here still will take a long time, but once the TPR is done it will feel more real and settled.