Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #221
luvbeingmomma
Registered Users

Re: February/March Chat Thread

Congratulations Finding Mercy!!

Advertisement

luvbeingmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #222
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
It's final!!! My computer is only intermittently working, so I can't get any pics uploaded directly to the thread right now. There are some on the blog though.

http://findingmercy.blogspot.com/2013/03/its-final.html?m=1
Yayayayay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post

That is so wrong! Can you talk to a supervisor and bring it up as "is it standard for bio parents to pick place of visits?"Then you can bring up safety issues. Also, we always have the choice to supervise the visits or not. If we don't feel comfortable, they have to send a case aid unless visits are unsupervised but then you drop them off and leave. Either way, I am so tired of the system treating foster parents like employees instead of volunteers. And they wonder why they lose FP all of the time.
Yes I am so angry about the sw being so inconsiderate of us with the twins situation. We are the last to know anything and no consideration is given to how things will affect us. Like seriously, checking out the family the weekend before the babies are going to be born and after we were told FOR SURE they were come here and we had gone out and bought a house full of gear...really unprofessional and inconsiderate! Actually I'm not seeing a lot of consideration for how things will affect anyone but the sw lately.

Last edited by newmommy13; 03-24-2013 at 09:17 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #223
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Finding Mercy ... We file our Petition to Adopt NB tomorrow and should finalize next week. Got an unusual call last week from DCS and we are pretty sure the boys mom had another baby. Hopefully we will know more next week
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #224
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats findingmercy!!!! I am so happy for you. He is soooo stinking cute!

Update on us-- We now have a 17mo little guy who came to us on Thursday. Poor munchkin was horribly infested with lice and was pulled from a house infested with bed bugs, lice and cockroaches.

He is such a sweetheart..... Definitely looks like we may be on our way to a FAS diagnosis and lots of intensive therapy. He sleeps and eats like a dream though and is the biggest snuggle bug ever so I am one happy mama!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #225
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
Congrats Finding Mercy ... We file our Petition to Adopt NB tomorrow and should finalize next week. Got an unusual call last week from DCS and we are pretty sure the boys mom had another baby. Hopefully we will know more next week
Wow! So happy to hear from you Angie I have been praying for your family and the pending investigation with Hope which might have jeopardized NB's placement as well. I was afraid it was going badly not having heard from you for awhile! Was thinking on PMing you to ask how you were doing... So excited for you and FindingMercy to finalize! We are still waiting along with Heidi although not nearly as long as her. Our last required training was canceled due to a snow storm and rescheduled for the end of next month. So hoping for the adoption hearing in May.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #226
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
congrats on the finalization! i hope this means things have settled down with the investigation. wowsers about the new baby. i'll be thinking of you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking8186 View Post
Congrats findingmercy!!!! I am so happy for you. He is soooo stinking cute!

Update on us-- We now have a 17mo little guy who came to us on Thursday. Poor munchkin was horribly infested with lice and was pulled from a house infested with bed bugs, lice and cockroaches.

He is such a sweetheart..... Definitely looks like we may be on our way to a FAS diagnosis and lots of intensive therapy. He sleeps and eats like a dream though and is the biggest snuggle bug ever so I am one happy mama!!
oh the bugs. omg.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #227
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13

oh the bugs. omg.
Yep.... It was horribleeeeee. His poor little head is covered in scabs from the lice and from itching. I combed out literally thousandssss of full grown lice and nits. I was panicking... Crying and combing. He was so so so good though, sat still for 2+ hours and then fell asleep on my lap while I combed for another 2. Thank god I got the ok to shave his head the next day.. Poor kiddo
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #228
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Poor baby! we got them once and I couldn't sleep I was so disgusted. Dd got it from a helmet at riding (we got our own after that!) But she was only 2 and had very little hair so it was easy to get rid of them on her, my dh has a shaved head so he never got them...my.hair was half way down my back and they loved me. I couldn't even get the nit comb through it and my dh.was so useless (i dont see anything!) So I just cut it myself so I could comb it. It was seriously traumatic! Cj sent me some butter with tto and that is what finally got rid of the things...i kept it on my head for 3 days straight! Omg I want to cry just thinking about it! This is a HUGE fear of mine.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #229
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everything is going pretty good here! Baby N was supposed to start extended visits but mom had a set back(not sure what that is). We go to court on April 18th and the CW is going to recommend more time for her to work her plan! Can anyone tell me what to expect at this court date? Who will be there? This is our first placement and I am a little nervous!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #230
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Spider-Mans foster mom had his B-day at the local Chuck-E-Cheese. We have never been there as there have been stories that it can be dangerous. (Fights mostly, and from my understanding there was a gun pulled out at one time. Not sure if anyone was hurt.) Well we went since it was Spider-Mans B-Day and everyone had a lot of fun. It was crazy over-stimulating for him though and by the end he had mentally just checked out. I was feeling it too though. It was just TOO much! He was happy to see us though and it was exciting to get to see him again. It is a strange feeling because although we know we are adopting he still feels like Foster moms!

The social worker came today for Little-Man. She said Bio-Dad is doing great and they will be petitioning the court for unsupervised visits. She thinks he will be home in 2-3 months! I am super happy for him. He is really attached to dad and cries for him frequently.

Last edited by FerventlyDreaming; 03-25-2013 at 09:37 AM.
FerventlyDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote