Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~
I do pretty often.

I've used the same place since I was 16 years old. It has changed owners twice during that time but the head mechanic is still the same.

I always tip for times they have gone above and beyond. Recently this included checking out a vehicle we wanted to buy and then telling me I didn't owe them (even though they had hooked it up to a computer,driven it and put it up on the rack to inspect) One of the mechanics recently recognized my vehicle one day when I had run out of gas on the interstate. He pulled over, gave me gas and then drove away refusing any money. He got a pretty big tip when I took the truck in for an oil change.

I love our local place. There was a time I was reallyyyyy broke (we married young,had two kids fast and well, we were just broke!) and they always worked something out with me. I was once unable to afford new tires and needed some badly. The owner took me aside when I mentioned needing to wait until next month. He told me that he was not going to allow me to drive around with two little kids for a month with tires in the shape those were in. I tried really hard to refuse the tires but he didn't want to let me leave. We finally agreed on some used, but new to us, tires and I paid him off as soon as I was able.

Lots of other little things they have done for us too. That is why I tip.

I also know, as someone that provides a service, it makes my day for someone to say thanks or leave me a tip even if they are already paying me well for the work I do.
I'd tip those guys too!

Hi! I'm Shannon Wife to J
Mama to a couple of crazy boys - L (12/07) and E (2/11)
and Meatball coming 4/14
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote