Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: best diaper for baby w/ hernia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
My son's hernia stuck out an inch at least. We used prefolds and disana wool at the time. The prefolds folded down under his belly button and the wool is very non restrictive on the waist.
Thanks. It is good to know that Disana wool is non restrictive on the waist. I like wool but have never tried a Disana soaker.

Advertisement

lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #12
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonksmom View Post
His hernia sticks out almost an inch. You can see it poking out under his shirt from across the room. My friend said it looks like he has a nose on his belly. She thought it was funny, but I didn't think so. DS does not act like it hurts or anything, but I worry about it being squished or irritated. Did the BG Elementals cover your DD hernia, or did they sit under it?
They covered it at first (she started wearing the BGE around 6 weeks old) but by about 2.5-3 months they fit under it fine. I liked that they fit under it, though it was fine when it was covered since she wasn't mobile and it didn't rub. Her hernia is a bit smaller than yous DS's it sounds like, her's stuck out about a half inch at it's worst, it's smaller now that she older, though still there. Sorry your friend made fun, I wouldn't find it funny either. My mom would comment on DD's "gross belly button" and it always made me mad and annoyed
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poppy's was pretty bad, by the time she came home at 6 days old after a NICU stay it was close to 2". I was a bit freaked out thinking she would need surgery because how would she wear clothes and diapers with out it causing a major issue. We also used prefolds snappi'd under Disana wool with no issues at all. It did take many months for it to be flat and now at 26mo it looks normal but the pedi says she can still feel a little hernia inside. She still wares Disana wool every day. It is so cozy and unrestrictive without falling off.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Shaylee
Registered Users

My favorite combo has been Bamboo Sandy's and Bummis pull on covers. Smalls fit my DS from 12 lbs to 19+. I was about to size up a few weeks ago but I think he just had a growth spurt in length because now the smalls seem to fit him again. However, we did move up to medium covers a few months ago. This combo with babylegs would be very comfortable for him around the house.
Shaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
lilmonksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
My favorite combo has been Bamboo Sandy's and Bummis pull on covers. Smalls fit my DS from 12 lbs to 19+. I was about to size up a few weeks ago but I think he just had a growth spurt in length because now the smalls seem to fit him again. However, we did move up to medium covers a few months ago. This combo with babylegs would be very comfortable for him around the house.
I am glad the small Sandy's worked well for you. My sister is going to lend me some that her DS outgrew.
lilmonksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second sandies, they are really nice and don't push on the tummy much.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
bohemiath
Registered Users

DS still has a small one at 3 months. Our BGE's, Simplex OS and FB all sit below it, though he is a pretty big boy.
bohemiath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
Shaylee
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonksmom View Post
I am glad the small Sandy's worked well for you. My sister is going to lend me some that her DS outgrew.
I hope you like them. I bought mine new and they have worn beautifully over the past 6 months. So worth the investment. They do take a while to dry so I always add clean, dry prefolds to the dryer. I run them through one cycle and if they need more time, I just hang them afterwards.

And, I know that pull on pants aren't always the popular choice, but I have to say, this combo is bulletproof, trim, and easy to wash. Motherease side snap covers might also be a good option for you.
Shaylee is offline   Reply With Quote