Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #11
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did you just KNOW the sex of your baby?

I just KNEW with my first kiddo. I dreampt blue, I saw blue everywhere... And I was right! A boy! Everyone was telling me it was a girl and I was sooo looking forward to doing the "I'm right!" dance at birth (when we would know). Unfortunately, it was chaotic and I didn't make any of the phone calls... DH told everyone and I'm still bummed about that!

The last 3 kids, I didn't have that sense of absolute like I did with #1.

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With DS I was positive. I knew he was a boy.

DD1 I think in the back of my mind I knew it was a girl but I kept hoping boy.

DD2 (this baby) I was positive it was a boy. I had no doubts what so ever. I was completely shell shocked at our gender reveal party. This pregnancy was exactly like my sons on everyday.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #13
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

I knew my son was a boy and I knew this one was a girl!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I knew both times, even before I got pregnant. My first which ended in a m/c I felt was a boy and it just felt wrong, weird cos I always "knew" my first would be a girl. and then I lost him. I knew as soon as I was pregnant again that it was a girl. No doubt in my mind. Sure enough, it was. And before I got pregnant with this one I had this very strong feeling that I'd get pregnant again sooner than I though (we used fertility treatments for my daughter) and have a boy. I knew when I found out I was pregnant it was a boy and even bought some boy clothes. It's been confirmed by 3 ultrasound by 3 different technitions that it's a boy. One even said, "Very definitely a boy" and we have crotch shots where you can see as clear as day. I would though like to have a pregnancy where I didn't have such a strong feeling and then I wouldn't confirm by ultrasound and would let it all be a surprise. We find out because I'm so sure I don't want to be disappointed at the birth.
I will say though I get feelings about lot of things, not just babies and am usually right about others pregnancies if I get a feeling (I don't always get it). Like I had a feeling that there was something wrong with this baby, I was thinking cleft lip, the baby has a cleft palate.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 02-03-2013 at 07:14 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #15
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've only been "totally sure" and right with 2 out of 6 pregnancies. My intuition kinda sucks, though.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i was wrong

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I KNEW, and I mean KNEW this baby was a girl. My symptoms were totally different. I had that "gut" feeling. My DS's ped and my OB said it sounded like a girl.

HE is definitely a boy based on 20 wk ultrasound. And I mean definitely lol.

I tried so hard not to get my hopes up because I know all those old wives tales are crap. But everything said girl.

Honestly, I think it makes people feel more motherly to say they just "knew" and they were right. Like they are somehow more connected to the pregnancy YK? But it's a 50/50 guess at the end of the day so for all those who think they knew, there are equally people who thought so too, and were wrong.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 02-03-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my oldest as soon as I peed on the test I knew she was a girl!

Second baby I wasn't sure at first. But then as we got closer to the anatomy scan I knew it was another girl.

This one I am starting to have boy feelings. But I cant tell yet (I am 8w5d) if it is because we really want a boy or it is the gut instinct it is a boy. My youngest says it is a boy. No option at all it is a girl

Last edited by lilg82882; 02-03-2013 at 09:52 AM.
lilg82882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I was positive that I was pregnant with a boy. I had dreams about a boy and called my baby by the boy name we picked. At one point while pregnant I showed ultrasound pics to the our family (I didn't even want an ultrasound or photos, but the midwives and everyone convinced us that our family would want to see photos), and some jerk in my family announced "look! it's a girl!" I was totally devastated. I cried for 2 days because I was not ready to give up thinking I was having a boy. After that I would tell people I thought girl because I was trying to get used to the idea, but in my heart I was still convinced boy.
...and it was!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #20
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes. I knew from 6 wks in that dd was a girl and ds was a boy. I just knew and was right. I'm 7 wks preggo with #3 and am fairly certain it's another girl but would LOVE to be wrong!!