Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Okay!! Teeth pulling while pg-never!!! So sorry about the pain!!!

Shaving-yes, i feel better shaven.

Paternity leave-dh gets two weeks paid, so i must make sure he does his share of the work......its not suppose to be a vacation for him:/

Appt with dr-i hope its nothing but technicality. Def need an update!!

I see my mw thursday.....my first two week visit. I dont like that i have to pay her again:P 32weeks tomorrow!!

Today my ds turned 5yo. I cant believe it. We had a fun filled, spoiled rotten day

Did i miss anything?? I hate that i cant keep up with everyone

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #32
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

yuck for the teeth! I need to go get a cleaning though.....

my mom told us when we were little that if we wanted to start shaving, we had to shave every single day. So, my sister and her kids and I usually do every day. The exception being that right now, I alternate. I wash my hair every other day and shave every other day. That's the only way I can get out of the shower quickly enough for DD. Well, I could probably move quicker, but there's really only so much you can ask when it comes to the wonderful warmth of showering

yay for fun filled, spoiled rotten days!

oh.. and it's official! DH's chief approved us using his coworker for our emergency childcare.. so even if it's a workday, she can come!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brook - I hope all is okay with you and the baby girlies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I had my 28 weeks appointment today with my midwife, I passed the GD test and we talked about her not being as active. She wants me to do kick counts, she said after eating lay on my side and I need to feel 10 kicks in 2 hours.
She's also measuring 3 weeks ahead so she's sending me for another u/s in a couple weeks. Last appointment she measured 2 weeks ahead. I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy so I think she was surprised!
The good news is that she told me starting in March they'll be offering water births! So I'm excited to do some research on that! I didn't get any pain meds with DS, but the idea of trying water to see if it helps with the pain is nice
for passing the GD test! I agree with her about the kick counts. I find myself doing them on Hiccup's quieter days. I like to feel the 10 movements in half an hour or so, I don't think I'd be comfortable with the 2 hours - although I do understand why they say that.

Her measurements could be off/large just because of the way baby is laying or something simple like that - an u/s to just double check is definitely a good choice, though.

for the option for water! I know some people don't like it at all, but some really do. I labored for over 4 hours in the tub (DS1's labor and birth) and it was really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle View Post
We are new to this area, so don't know a lot of people, especially people we trust our kids with.

Has anyone else given up on shaving?

Also, my braxton hicks are really picking up. And while I have a few here and there throughout the day, they always really pick up @ 6:30 pm...weird.
Wonder if I will have an evening baby.
It is so hard to find child care when you're new to an area - heck, we lived here for years before even attempting to find a baby-sitter, and then only had her over a handful of times. We're just not that comfy leaving our kids with others, I guess. Now that DH's parents are near we definitely have had more date nights, though!
DS1 was a scheduled induction, so my mom flew out the morning of to be here with DD.
DS2 was a c-sec, we didn't know for sure that it would be a section, but it would either be that or an induction at that point, so my mom again flew out to stay with DD and DS1.
DS3 we waited it out. FIL had planned the whole time to come out asap when labor started, but when I passed EDD he got bored and antsy so he came out and was here for a week before Levi was born I loved having him here helping me out!

Shaving... umm... yeah, pretty much have given up. I shaved a couple weeks ago because we were hoping to go swimming with everyone visiting... but it was all moot cuz we never swam
With my hip and pelvis troubles it's darn near excrutiating to walk sometimes, let alone lift a leg up to shave.
I just keep telling myself at least it's not warm enough to want shorts or skirts outside the house!

I've never had a correlation between BH and when labor started, but you never know - definitely something to remember when the time comes, just for interest's sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
But I jokingly told DH the other day I needed to either shave my legs or french braid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
My eczema/ gluten rash is in a total flare. I am out of steroid cream which means I have toile an apt with the dr, which I hate but I need to cream.

My kids were sick for a whole week. 105 fevers and everything. I am crossing my fingers i don't get it!!!
Have you ever heard of or tried 'Thentix' lotion for your rash? It made a world of difference for DS2's and my eczema, and DS3 had the best newborn skin I've ever seen (used it on him from birth on). I don't know about the gluten part... don't know if that would be an issue or not, but if not it may be worth a shot. It's kinda $$, but not too bad, and I prefer it to steroid creams long term.

you don't get that bug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I see my mw thursday.....my first two week visit. I dont like that i have to pay her again:P 32weeks tomorrow!!
lol. Cuz of DD being sick yesterday I had to reschedule my appt, and we set it for next Monday I don't end up with more sick kids, or puking myself! That will put this and the last appt 5 weeks apart (which I'm fine with) and hopefully I can get away with waiting 3 weeks to see my own OB (should be back by then I think) instead of only 2 weeks. We'll see next week though.

to your little dude! 5 was a tough one for me - a 5 year old, a kindergartener?! NO way!!! But only really with DD, lol. Her turning 10 last fall was again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
my mom told us when we were little that if we wanted to start shaving, we had to shave every single day.

oh.. and it's official! DH's chief approved us using his coworker for our emergency childcare.. so even if it's a workday, she can come!
I can't imagine shaving every day - even when I'm not pregnant and it's summer and I'm in shorts every day I only shave every 2-3 days!

that's great! Now plan a date night so she and Magnolia can spend some time together before the "big day"!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #34
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Me too, 32 weeks already!!!! You must be April 3rd also? I can't keep track.

Hoping this little stinker has turned already, I go back to the doc tomorrow, every 2 weeks from here on out!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #35
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post

Me too, 32 weeks already!!!! You must be April 3rd also? I can't keep track.

Hoping this little stinker has turned already, I go back to the doc tomorrow, every 2 weeks from here on out!
Yep. April 3rd!! But i have a feeling he will be a march baby time will tell!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #36
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my youngest turns 2 March 19!!! i cant believe how fast everything is going. i mean its like 2 weeks later is my technical due date the 12th but according my calculations im due the 7th. 32 weeks next friday which means i start my EPO! i just have get to a store that carries it!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I am so jealous of you all so far ahead and maybe having march babies. I'm worried I will have him in MAY!!

Due April 25th so I am almost 30 wks..sigh, still seems like so far to go some days lol
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #38
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I am so jealous of you all so far ahead and maybe having march babies. I'm worried I will have him in MAY!!

Due April 25th so I am almost 30 wks..sigh, still seems like so far to go some days lol
That was me with my last baby, my due dates were 11-23, 11-28.......she came 11-24. Tons of ppl in my group had october babies

My son was due valentines day and came the 5th.

I just feel like this baby is bigger, stronger than my other two.

So should i start my epo now?? Orally? I guess i can my mw tomorrow
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #39
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm hoping to go late. The idea of a March baby is fun.... But somewhere between 40 and 41 feels ideal to me.

I start my 2week appts at 36 weeks, so a lil ways to go for that still.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #40
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My original due date was April 3rd. Then the ultrasound (at 10 weeks) estimated April 1st. But my OB and midwife then changed my due date to March 29th. I still feel like I will have an April baby, I don't usually go too far over (the farthest over I have gone is 3 days), but those early ultrasounds are usually right on for me, so I am going by that