Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #41
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Yep. April 3rd!! But i have a feeling he will be a march baby time will tell!!!
Me too We'll see!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #42
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I am so jealous of you all so far ahead and maybe having march babies. I'm worried I will have him in MAY!!

Due April 25th so I am almost 30 wks..sigh, still seems like so far to go some days lol
I'm April 27th so I know what you mean!

I rarely shave my legs, my BFF waxes them for me but I have really light fine hair thats barely there, I shave more during the summer though.

My MIL emailed me last night that DH was 9lbs 15oz, and I was 9lbs 6oz, so theres a good chance we will just have big babies and I know that these measurements are often wrong. I read too that if you just have a lot of fluid that can cause bigger measurements. My midwife just said it was good I passed my GD test since GD often have bigger babies too!
DH doesn't seem too excited about a water birth, but he says whatever I want. I think it's worth a try. I had DS naturally, and one of the only things I remember is that I kept telling my sister(my labor coach) that I was going to die, so I like the idea of the natural pain relief.

I also put in for my maternity leave today, I just need to call my midwife and get a letter from her. I'm due April 27th, and I'm a school nurse and school is out June 4th, so I'll only need a sub for the last couple weeks.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I am so jealous of you all so far ahead and maybe having march babies. I'm worried I will have him in MAY!!

Due April 25th so I am almost 30 wks..sigh, still seems like so far to go some days lol
It is tough to be due at the end of the month - but May makes for a nice birthday too Try not to think of it as being due April 25th, but kinda give yourself a "due month" instead of day - so you're due late April/early May.
When people ask when I'm due I just tell them "April". Due in the very middle means Hiccup will come sometime in April. I keep telling the kids "after Easter, but before May comes", cuz May would be more than 2 weeks over and I'm not comfortable going that long.

Don't worry, baby will come when he's ready. And it really will seem like no time at all until we're all cuddling our newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm hoping to go late. The idea of a March baby is fun.... But somewhere between 40 and 41 feels ideal to me.
I'd honestly love to go over again this time - I was 11 days over with Levi, but I spent more of that time worrying about losing my VBAC than I did relishing those extra pregnant days. Now I know better, and will soak up every pregnant moment I can.
I definitely don't want to go in March - both for DH with parental leave, and because he's in no rush to get anything done in the house to make room for Hiccup... I need Hiccup to wait as long as possible, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I rarely shave my legs, my BFF waxes them for me but I have really light fine hair thats barely there, I shave more during the summer though.

My MIL emailed me last night that DH was 9lbs 15oz, and I was 9lbs 6oz, so theres a good chance we will just have big babies and I know that these measurements are often wrong. I read too that if you just have a lot of fluid that can cause bigger measurements. My midwife just said it was good I passed my GD test since GD often have bigger babies too!
I've always thought about waxing - the thought of having that smooth legs is nice, but I'm scared of the pain! (which, yes, is silly after 3 natural births and a c-sec!)

Yup, you may just grow bigger babies. I wouldn't worry about anything unless something showed off on u/s.
More fluid can definitely make for larger measurements (I had excess fluid at 24 weeks with Isaac, I jumped from measuring right on to measuring 5-6cm bigger in a matter of a week, it resolved itself though) they just would need to make sure it's not too much fluid, and that nothing is going on with you/baby that could be causing too much.
And GD definitely can cause larger babies - a friend of mine had an 11lb baby (kinda funny, she looked like a 3-4 month old at birth, lol), she has type 1 diabetes so that was more than likely the reason.

AFM: I absolutely need to get to town sometime to get stuff for Elliana's birthday tomorrow. I want to make cupcakes (all the kids have cupcakes for dessert on their actual birthday, then a party whenever), and I want to have tulips (our remembrance flower for Elli) and a balloon. Just need to get there.
Unfortunately, it's really snowing outside. Much worse than they called for. So hopefully it'll stop and the roads will be decent enough for me to get there tonight after DH gets home.

To pass the time till then I'm going to get some valentine's stuff online and print them off to make some decorations with Levi.
It's kinda funny, when Elli's birthday falls - DS1 is Oct 16th and we have to wait until after his birthday & party to decorate for Halloween, then DD is Nov 9th and we have to both get everything down from Oct and wait to put any Christmas stuff up until her stuff is done. But valentine's decorations are pink and hearts... and that's really perfect for Elli's day
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #44
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I just ordered our new stroller, a baby trend sit n stand. We have looked at so many, and this one fir our needs best. The storage in the fancy city strollers and price for add ons (infant seat, snack trays, parent tray, etc) was just totally ridiculous. We have literally looked at every double and sit n stand out there lol and love this one.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #45
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor

Ditto! I'm not due until April 26th! It's going to be rough being the last ones waiting. We'll make it there together!

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #46
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
my mom told us when we were little that if we wanted to start shaving, we had to shave every single day.

oh.. and it's official! DH's chief approved us using his coworker for our emergency childcare.. so even if it's a workday, she can come!
Wow, I'm in the barely shaving still camp, and can't imagine ever shaving that much, even not pregnant!
for the childcare! What a relief!

AFM: My Dr. appt was fine. Just the twin factor; had to see the dr. but it made my day miserable. She's telling me to get 4 hours of rest, but can only see me during my rest time. I was gone the entire day until after 5, and I think I'm still recovering (not all due to appt of course, but homeschool group, ballet, etc.) My finger prick test was fine, so she's happy about that. Just need to eat and rest more, lol. I was debating going on a short girl's trip a couple hours away, but she really didn't like that idea. She asked if there was a nicu close by, and then said they could always life flight me. Not so encouraging! I think I'll just stay home! I think I ate something bad; hopefully it's just psychological. I'm good at freaking myself out, lol.
In awesome news, my SIL spent all weekend making freezer meals for us I'm so happy to have food, although it's weird to use it before the baby. Usually I do that for after, but I know I need it now! It'll be nice to eat some real food!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #47
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
AFM: My Dr. appt was fine. Just the twin factor; had to see the dr. but it made my day miserable. She's telling me to get 4 hours of rest, but can only see me during my rest time. I was gone the entire day until after 5, and I think I'm still recovering (not all due to appt of course, but homeschool group, ballet, etc.) My finger prick test was fine, so she's happy about that. Just need to eat and rest more, lol. I was debating going on a short girl's trip a couple hours away, but she really didn't like that idea. She asked if there was a nicu close by, and then said they could always life flight me. Not so encouraging! I think I'll just stay home! I think I ate something bad; hopefully it's just psychological. I'm good at freaking myself out, lol.
Are you having any contractions or anything going on that would point to any problems? I can't understand why she's treating you like it's such a high risk thing just to have twins?
If there's nothing going on strange or different from your previous pregnancies other , I wouldn't treat it any differently than those ones. So, if you would normally go to the girls' day out thing, go and have fun!
A multiples pregnancy can have other factors and be more high risk than a singleton, but definitely not always and not automatically, just cuz there's 2 in there.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #48
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

How is everyone sleeping? (or not )
I am up usually twice to pee, and I feel like I spend the night rolling back and forth. We got a memory foam pad for our bed so my hips haven't been hurting, but I just wake up so much!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #49
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well 3 of my 4 had influenza last week, followed by 2 having ear infections this week, so I haven't been sleeping great due to that. I am up 2-3 times to pee @ night, and of course baby is super active when I lay down...lol
Old 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I roll back and forth too. Not great sleep, but lik you my hips arent hurting......yet. I get soooo thirsty at night that i end up drinking a bottle of water then, of course, i have to pee.