Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #71
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
It does sound like you had an unusual experience, lol! SOOO many twin mamas I hear say their OB says "36 weeks is full term, so we're taking them then", of course meaning that they've scheduled a c-sec for 36 weeks immediately upon finding out it was twins. I just don't like that idea.

That really stinks for you guys. And what a crappy way to have handled things on the company's part.

AFM: Today is Elliana's birthday. I'm going to get cupcakes on the go in a few minutes, and I got some ink last night so I can finish the valentine's decorations I want to put up - like I said before, pink and hearts and love is perfect even for her day
And, besides that, I still have Christmas garland up over the dining room window and need to get it down - but the window is very bare without it, so I wanna replace it with a valentine's bunting.
Yeah, my docs were kind of like "Be ready for them to come any time at or after 36 weeks", but they didn't even start talking c-sections and whatnot until we started having problems with Twin to Twin Transfusion. I love my docs. I agree with you, that's crazy to schedule a c-section 'just because'

Turns out he missed one spot on the online application, so because it's a state job his name didn't even end up on the list that went to the office for interviews. Sigh....

Happy Birthday to your angel baby, I hope it's a nice day for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Drink tons of water, coffee every morning and green smoothies.

Idk. I guess i will do some metamucil. Blech.
I actually had good luck with fiber capsules. It's the fiber like Metamucil, but just inside one of the those pull apart capsules, and you swallow them. I also find eating an apple every day helps. Might be TMI, but when pregnant I alternate between mildy-moderately constipated, and .. um... the opposite.

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #72
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Met with my doula today. Went very well.

but a couple of times, I had this very real sensation that 'uh oh, wait - this is real - you are having a baby again'.

like, I know I'm having a baby... in theory. It's this thing that's happening in a couple of months.. far far far into the future. A long time from now.

but it's not. It's something that's happening now.................. and sometimes that hits like a wall of bricks to the head. Oh.. right....

hope Elliana's birthday goes well!
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #73
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I feel like that too lol, the baby is just in theory sometimes then others it's very real.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #74
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anyone NOT able to tell their babies position? i can not figure it out! lol. im either head down or side to side.....hmmmm
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #75
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
anyone NOT able to tell their babies position? i can not figure it out! lol. im either head down or side to side.....hmmmm
I just wait for hiccups. But def head down at my appt. Heartrate was slow at 124-128 bpm.......strange considering its normally in the 140's.

The next time i see my mw i'll be 34 weeks:/ tooooo fast!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #76
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

It hasnt really sunk in that I am gonna have another baby. It probably wont until the baby is crying at 2 am the first night...

If it weren't for the ultrasound two weeks ago I wouldnt have a clue where baby was. I even asked the ultrasound tech to explain where baby was (out of curiosity) because I still didnt get it.

How odd is it that this baby hasn't had hiccups yet? DS got them constantly.

No advice on the constipation. I always have the other side of that problem...

Happy Birthday to Elianna!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really need to get on the ball about child care for the older 3. :/

We are 8 hours from closest family, live on post and unfortunately don't know anyone here. At least not well enough to entrust them with my kidlets. :/

I worry most about Owen, my 18 month old. He's never been away from me at all.

It sucks being do far away and so much on our own.
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #78
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same here! I worry about Peyton bc she is only 18 months old and wants to be held constantly. Luckily she is only 17lbs but I do not know how she will do for the days I am in the hospital.

My mother is coming down, not sure yet on my my dad. My grandfather is in his 90s and starting to loose it and they can not leave him so my father may stay back. My father is devastated bc he wants to see my los so bad. Luckily we do face time now so he his happy about that.

I just hope my mother gets here on time, otherwise I have no clue what we will do. And props to all the homebirthing moms and the moms who deliver with the children in the room--I can not do that! I was in labor last time and my mother and father brought my boys to visit. I was so happy to see them but I was like, "mom you have to get them out of here!" I have pretty good kiddos too.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #79
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Same here! I worry about Peyton bc she is only 18 months old and wants to be held constantly. Luckily she is only 17lbs but I do not know how she will do for the days I am in the hospital.
I think it'll be fine. DD1 was only 21 months and had never been away from me for more than a few hours when I delivered DD2. Spent 3 days in the hospital and she was fine

Last edited by mibarra; 02-07-2013 at 07:50 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #80
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wasn't getting hiccups until pretty recently.. I thought I remembered them very early with DD, though.

as for position of baby - that's really the only time I know too. I think this baby likes to be L or C shaped.. because there's no way the baby is transverse, but the jabs and kicks are primarily on the left side.