Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #81
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Could you find some place a little less remote to chill like a really nice bed and breakfast?--oh and then take me with you!
That sounds nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

AFM: Today is Elliana's birthday. I'm going to get cupcakes on the go in a few minutes, and I got some ink last night so I can finish the valentine's decorations I want to put up - like I said before, pink and hearts and love is perfect even for her day
I hope Elliana's birthday went well. I was thinking about you today
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I just wait for hiccups.
Same here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
And props to all the homebirthing moms and the moms who deliver with the children in the room--I can not do that! I was in labor last time and my mother and father brought my boys to visit. I was so happy to see them but I was like, "mom you have to get them out of here!" I have pretty good kiddos too.
I totally agree! My kids are pretty good, but I DO NOT want them there!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #82
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My mil will be here to entertain my kids during l&d. I have no idea how i will handle them while laboring. I just dont know what to expect being at home this time. Be able to move around and having my bestie as a doula. Guess we'll know soon enough.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #83
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is the one baby I've Carried who doesn't hiccup! The others always did.I have my 32 week apt Friday next week so will ask them. I "think" we are head down. I'm so tire of having to pee every 5 mins.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #84
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ack! Newborn diapers are downright impossible to stuff! And some of these appear to be preemie or something!

That's a definite reason to start with prefolds and covers! And there's no way DH will be able to help stuff these with his big man hands. Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #85
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Ack! Newborn diapers are downright impossible to stuff! And some of these appear to be preemie or something!

That's a definite reason to start with prefolds and covers! And there's no way DH will be able to help stuff these with his big man hands. Lol
My stash is AIOs, fitteds, and covers/inserts. I get 3 adorable used pockets and after one pre baby wash already hate stuffing them!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #86
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just finished. There are two sizes I seem to have - the slightly larger ones are easy. But that other size.... I m p o s s I b l e
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #87
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Hope Elliana has a great birthday!!!

I'm subbing for my boss this morning, but I'm not sure what time she'll be back...anytime now. I'm starving and didn't bring lunch since I assumed she'd be here by then so hopefully before too long. Or I'm having a pizza delivered
Thank you

Did you get your pizza?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Turns out he missed one spot on the online application, so because it's a state job his name didn't even end up on the list that went to the office for interviews. Sigh....

Happy Birthday to your angel baby, I hope it's a nice day for you all!
Oh that just stinks. all this happened with this job because there's a better one coming for him.

Thank you, it was.

Quote:
Met with my doula today. Went very well.

but a couple of times, I had this very real sensation that 'uh oh, wait - this is real - you are having a baby again'.

hope Elliana's birthday goes well!
for a great meeting with the doula! That's awesome!
I kwym about the reality of having another baby, lol. I get that with every pregnancy. This time it's even more so, I think because I can't really do anything to get ready for Hiccup cuz of space issues. Sounds like DH isn't planning to build DD's room until spring break - that's the last week of March/first week of April (somewhere in there) I told him he's pushing it - watch, all the others have been "on time" or late, Hiccup will be early and we'll be in trouble!

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
anyone NOT able to tell their babies position? i can not figure it out! lol. im either head down or side to side.....hmmmm
Some days I'm sure I know where/how he's laying, then other days I can't figure it out - I assume he's still moving a ton in there, as hiccups are most of the time down in my lower belly/pelvis, but yesterday were in my upper belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Heartrate was slow at 124-128 bpm.......strange considering its normally in the 140's.
Maybe baby was sleeping? Or they just caught a decel - it's normal to see them, they want to see some variations in hr, just not prolonged decels or accels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
How odd is it that this baby hasn't had hiccups yet? DS got them constantly.

Happy Birthday to Elianna!
DD had hiccups constantly, the boys didn't much at all. Hiccup has them usually once a day at least, but he doesn't get ticked off like DD did!

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBk View Post
It sucks being do far away and so much on our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I hope Elliana's birthday went well. I was thinking about you today
Aww, thank you!

Quote:
I bet they're not preemie, just newborn - as opposed to nb/sm. They always seem super teeny to me when I first get them out! Adorable, though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My stash is AIOs, fitteds, and covers/inserts. I get 3 adorable used pockets and after one pre baby wash already hate stuffing them!!!
I kwym. I get DH to help with diaper laundry often, and DS1 loves to help with it

AFM: Elli's day went well. It was a normal busy day, but Levi and I made cupcakes and we had those after the boys' hockey game - worked out well cuz DH's parents came to the game and then to our house, so they were able to be here for the cupcakes too. The kids asked to have a candle and sing 'happy birthday' to her, so of course we did. They all asked Levi to blow it out - they said the youngest should blow it out every year.
I'm so proud of them for remembering, even more for wanting to remember their baby sister. I know this has been a really tough road to go down for them, but they've done so amazing through it all, and I think that it will impact them for the rest of their lives when they're having to face tragedy and grief.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #88
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad everyone seems to be doing well and preparing for new babies I am excited to find out how everyone's birth goes and everything. I can't believe how fast this is all going! I saw my OB the other day and he said baby is head down and everything looks great. So I don't have to go back for another 4 weeks, I will be 34 weeks then. Then every week after that. Crazy. I am thinking I will start drinking red raspberry leaf tea somewhere in the next couple weeks. I did that with dd and have no idea if t makes any difference but I do like the taste anyways. Anyone else drinking rrl tea?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #89
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

What does the tea do?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #90
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Glad everyone seems to be doing well and preparing for new babies I am excited to find out how everyone's birth goes and everything. I can't believe how fast this is all going! I saw my OB the other day and he said baby is head down and everything looks great. So I don't have to go back for another 4 weeks, I will be 34 weeks then. Then every week after that. Crazy. I am thinking I will start drinking red raspberry leaf tea somewhere in the next couple weeks. I did that with dd and have no idea if t makes any difference but I do like the taste anyways. Anyone else drinking rrl tea?
I have been drinking it. I drank tons of it when preg w/ #3, had a 1 hr labor, didn't drink it w/ #4, and had a very rough 7 hour labor..not sure if it was the tea or not, but I am not taking any chances this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Thank you

AFM: Elli's day went well. It was a normal busy day, but Levi and I made cupcakes and we had those after the boys' hockey game - worked out well cuz DH's parents came to the game and then to our house, so they were able to be here for the cupcakes too. The kids asked to have a candle and sing 'happy birthday' to her, so of course we did. They all asked Levi to blow it out - they said the youngest should blow it out every year.
I'm so proud of them for remembering, even more for wanting to remember their baby sister. I know this has been a really tough road to go down for them, but they've done so amazing through it all, and I think that it will impact them for the rest of their lives when they're having to face tragedy and grief.
aww..such sweet kids!