Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm needing an entire lifestyle change. I need to get in shape once in for all and get my wreck of a digestive system corrected. I'm always tired and sluggish feeling, bloated, poop problems (sorry lol), and have anxiety problems too. I don't want to go to the doctor because I'm not too excited about a bunch of chemical medications. I'd rather find the correct way to fix things, not just cover my symptoms.

I was thinking of starting probiotics, B12, and acidophilus for my digestive - magnesium for anxiety - and I'm also interested in bee pollen and chia seed extract. It sounds like a lot though so is this even okay to take together? I only went to Wal-Mart and didn't really trust all of the cheap vitamins but I did get the Nature Made acidophilus.

I don't have a ton to spend on vitamins but I don't want to end up with saw dust pills either. Any advice or reccomendations on what to take or brands to buy would be amazing. Would love to hear your vitamin regiment too.

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: School me on vitamins and supplements?

I would buy natural vitamins from a health food store or online from a site like iherb.com (that is what I use, they have good prices). Probiotics/acidophilus can become ineffective very quickly. It needs to be refrigerated, so the best ones you will buy are in a fridge case at the store or mailed to you on ice.
I am a nursing mother so I am taking a prenatal (Super Nutrition)
Fish oil (Barleens Mango Peach)
Vitamin D (Now Food liquid vit D)
Probiotic powder (Natures Way)

In the past I have used other suppliments like Calm Magnesium (a powder you mix in liquid) and other stuff for my fertility/hormone imbalance. I don't know anything about bee pollen or chia seed though.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
mom2ally06
Registered Users
seller

What your describing to me sounds like a food allergy or sensitivity. I'm battling the same things and felt AMAZING when I eliminated dairy and gluten. Like tons of energy no gas or bloating, and no brain fog!! You can pm me if you have questions!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ally06 View Post
What your describing to me sounds like a food allergy or sensitivity. I'm battling the same things and felt AMAZING when I eliminated dairy and gluten. Like tons of energy no gas or bloating, and no brain fog!! You can pm me if you have questions!
Ugh. That's no fun. Lol I'll probably be PMing you later.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by garness View Post
I would buy natural vitamins from a health food store or online from a site like iherb.com (that is what I use, they have good prices). Probiotics/acidophilus can become ineffective very quickly. It needs to be refrigerated, so the best ones you will buy are in a fridge case at the store or mailed to you on ice.
I am a nursing mother so I am taking a prenatal (Super Nutrition)
Fish oil (Barleens Mango Peach)
Vitamin D (Now Food liquid vit D)
Probiotic powder (Natures Way)

In the past I have used other suppliments like Calm Magnesium (a powder you mix in liquid) and other stuff for my fertility/hormone imbalance. I don't know anything about bee pollen or chia seed though.
Thanks a ton! I've thought about taking prenatals since they have so much good stuff in them anyways... And I miss my pretty nails.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would start with a good multivitamin. Food nowadays have depleted vitamins and minerals than years ago, so I think even someone with an awesome diet still needs a vitamin.

I use a one-a-day women's vitamin from Rainbow Light. http://www.rainbowlight.com/womens-m...tivitamin.aspx

Sometimes I take Vit C and Vit D.

Also, I noticed not getting enough sleep gave me many of the same symptoms in your OP. If it is getting late and I am not sleepy yet, I take some melatonin so I can fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Starting to workout daily in the mornings helped me go to bed on time as well.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My daycare mom & I were just talking about supplements recently and she also takes the Rainbow like the PP above recommended! She still takes the prenatal because she just weaned, but her husband takes the men's daily. They're pretty reasonably priced too! I'm thinking of switching. I have a bunch of Nature Made and CVS brand I don't know how good that is or not...
Old 02-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pretty much if you buy it at walmart or any other chain, it is not all that great.

I know for a fact that some companies make products for walmart and omit key things because walmart demands they be able to buy at a lower price point. Natural Balance is one company that did this years ago. The stuff they sold to actual herb shops was stronger with far less fillers. Sad because it can end up hurting the companies that do this.

Rainbow Light, Nature's Sunshine and Nature's Plus are all great companies!

As far as what you described, try googling Candida and see if you see yourself described.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, with vitamins you definitely get what you pay for. Not only do you not want a lot of fillers, you want the form of the vitamin/mineral that your body can actually absorb efficiently and use. Otherwise, you're just paying for yellow pee (as you urinate it out!).

Everyone in my family is on a multi vitamin from Rainbow Light. I am on prenatals since I am still nursing. Hubby takes the mens daily. The boys take the star chewables for kids.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
Ugh. That's no fun. Lol I'll probably be PMing you later.
What you describe is me before I realized my gluten and dairy allergies. No vitamin or supplement can fix you if you have an underlying sensitivity or allergy. Look at The gaps diet and healing your gut. I removed gluten and dairy, but I asi cut out most carbs except potatoes and white rice. I ate tons of bone broth (chicken bones simmered to release vitamins and minerals to heal your gut). Try removing gluten for three days. If you start feeling better, you will know if it is shelling. I didn't get better until I removed gluten and dairy. My stomach was a mess, constant migraines,endometriosis and pain was out of control, I had eczema ans psoriasis.

I take a really good multivitamin, take magnesium internally and externally (ancient minerals), glucosamine and Chondriton, l glutamine and a probiotic. But, taking these would have been pointless without removing them. I used to wake up thinner and be so bloated and in pain.

Everyone talks about how expensive gluten free is. But, you don't need the fancy substitutes. You can eat a diet of meat, veggies, nuts, fruits and veggies. These are all good for you!