Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #61
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

well it looks like this may be a great solution to those who have morning sickness and not one person who has said they know if anyone or did themselves take it and it NOT work. I am not saying that there isnt a risk. heck there is a risk to driving my car in the snow today, there is a risk if I take a plane, an over the counter med I may not have used before and may be allergic to (this has happened to me)
there is a risk to a homebirth or a hospital birth, heck there is a risk to send my kids to school these days!!
but there is also a major risk of getting so sick you dont gain or lose weight, that you get so depressed you cannot stand being pregnant or alive for that matter, there is a risk the baby will be underweight or that drug you try to help with sickness or depression will make baby addicted or have a birth defect. there are ALWAYS risks. you just have to take the information you have and decide what YOU are willing to do or not.

for me, I am NOT willing to go into another pregnancy and not be able to get off my couch for 2-3 months, not take care of my family or be so mean and crabby everyone hates me including myself. it doesnt mean I am puking everyday- not even close but i cannot fathom sleeping 14-16hrs a day, feeling like I am dying and so unhappy about life cause of that constant sick feeling... that I will continue to look into all my options and it seems cannibus is my top thing to keep in mind.
I thank you for all your stories and personal accounts. nice to see others w open minds and just that YOU found relief

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #62
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Listen Im pretty sure no one is going to lace pot nowadays. I'm sorry but do you even know how much cocaine, heroin and all the other drugs cost? From what I hear they are pretty expensive so the seller would definitely be losing money. And I'm sure they aren't going to sell it for the same price. In my experience I think you have a better shot at getting marijuana that looks like broccoli contrast to laced pot lol
I know who, where, and what it is done to my marijuana. I know no harmful chemicals go into it and that it's grown organically. If you can't find out information about the pot I wouldn't suggest smoking or baking with it. I think people are so quick to judge a woman who smokes pot and the one comment about "a lower IQ" I just became a phlebotomist last fall and now I'm back in school working towards a degree the lowest grade I received was an C and it was only because I showed up late due to my son having to be at school at the same time my class started. I think when you said this you were referring to the no life's who don't have motivation to begin with and who still sleeps on their parents couch not mothers. Also to the person who said it makes you a bad mother. I disagree, for anything it makes me a more involved parent Im not so up tight and consumed in myself and sitting my kid in front of the tv, we do everything together from playing, hiking,baking, and just being silly plus my kids never go hungry And I'm not worried at all about CPS I am an awesome parent and I do everything in my power to keep my kids happy and safe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #63
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They didn't lace it with harder drugs, they laced it with otc crap from the drug store or something. I'm not going to argue, if you want to believe it doesn't happen, that's fine. My experience has been otherwise but I really don't care about the issue enough to try to facebook find old connections and ask them exactly what they did 15 years ago.

But, doing an illegal substance does make someone an irresponsible parent. That part is pretty black and white. If its legal, and you have the green light from your OB, obviously its a different issue.
ETA- even legally though, you are under the influence of a drug. I'd feel the same about a mom wiped out on prescription drugs or alcohol, there needs to be a sober adult in attendance.

Last edited by Tris; 02-04-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #64
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I am utterly amazed at how many people know of people who smoke pot.

I have a lot of friends, who I know really well, that don't smoke pot.

How on earth would I know if someone that I just met did smoke pot? Is it like a typical conversation?

"Hey, so.... do you smoke pot?"

"oh yeah! Don't you?! My doctor smokes pot. My lawyer smokes pot. My son's teacher smokes pot. Would you like some pot?!"

...going into the bank...

"I'd like to withdrawal some funds."

"Dude, I have serious muchies cause I just smoked a joint"

0_o

How do these conversations even come up??!

I must travel a different circle of the globe or something. This is so far off from my personal reality. LOL
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #65
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pretty much everyone I knew growing up smoked pot. And even as an adult in college (in another state), it came up quite regularly in conversation (did I have any, did I know anyone who did, did I want to partake, they just did it and did I want to join them at the diner). I've also just moved to where I am now and in the first month shot a band who was quite baked during practice and had their manager offer me some. For the repercussions, it amazes me how many people still smoke.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #66
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
You can't smoke cocaine or mushrooms I mean you could but nothing would happen
Not to mention the cost... What idiot would give away drugs like cocaine, heroin, meth, acid for free? SMH. I know more partakers than non and have never heard of anyone getting "laced" weed. More likely you'd get crappy weed or ripped off than something "extra" when buying drugs. Plus the recourse... It's actually a criminal act to do that when its decriminalized and legal medicinally in so many places now.

OP- I think you've been given a lot of good info here with actual links to studies and such. I understand the useless on the couch for 2 months feeling. I had HG with my 5th baby and it was absolutely miserable. I understand your desire to seek an alternative treatment!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #67
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
They didn't lace it with harder drugs, they laced it with otc crap from the drug store or something. I'm not going to argue, if you want to believe it doesn't happen, that's fine. My experience has been otherwise but I really don't care about the issue enough to try to facebook find old connections and ask them exactly what they did 15 years ago.

But, doing an illegal substance does make someone an irresponsible parent. That part is pretty black and white. If its legal, and you have the green light from your OB, obviously its a different issue.
ETA- even legally though, you are under the influence of a drug. I'd feel the same about a mom wiped out on prescription drugs or alcohol, there needs to be a sober adult in attendance.
I agree that being wiped out is irresponsible parenting. But most mothers aren't sitting around getting "wiped out". If you know your tolerance level then you use marijuana as a pain reliever, for nausea, anxiety, etc... Just like a mother whose prescribed vicodin; she can choose to use it or abuse it.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #68
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post

How on earth would I know if someone that I just met did smoke pot? Is it like a typical conversation?

"oh yeah! Don't you?! My doctor smokes pot. My lawyer smokes pot. My son's teacher smokes pot. Would you like some pot?!"

0_o

I must travel a different circle of the globe or something. This is so far off from my personal reality. LOL
Lol!!

Last edited by mommycass; 02-04-2013 at 04:39 PM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Kiliki that is the silliest thing I've ever heard. I can't even quote you bc that's so much nonsense it wont fit. What I meant was I know all of these people really well they are either my parents best friends who I have seen smoke pot in a social setting or people I have worked with and become close with (Lawyer teacher reference). All I'm saying is you would be surprised by the people who do that you would consider normal contributing members of society. smoking doesn't make you a criminal or a drug addict. People don't get arrested or go to jail for having a personal amount of pot on them or for being high. It doesn't incapacitate you as some people said you shouldn't state those things as facts if you don't know for yourself. I wouldn't put alcohol or prescription pills in the same category by any means. I'm never wasted on pot. I don't smoke but a tiny bit anyway.

Kiliki It seems like you like to find topics that you don't agree with and be rude to people about it. I haven't been on DS for long at all but anything I've read that you have commented on has been just like this. this would be a topic that you know nothing about and you shouldn't comment on. Find something else to voice your opinion on. maybe I was off topic by a lot by some of the statements I made but I'm just hoping to let people know that marijuana isn't the same as other drugs and I surrround myself with pretty intelligent enlightened people and it just blows my mind to hear people address the subject the way some people on this thread have.

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 02-04-2013 at 10:10 AM.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #70
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post

0_o

I definitely think it depends on where you live. When I was a teen in a very illegal state I never came across it at all and had a pretty negative view of it. After I moved to Cali conversations like you stated were actually perfectly common. Everyone smoked after/during work. People smoked walking down the street...openly sold it. I was babysitting for a tourist once and she was like "people we selling pot right in front of me!" You could even smell ti when you walked past certain houses. Lol, it was like something out of a movie.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote