Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Med-free birthers?

I've just been lurking. But I'm due August 5th. My last birth was natural as it was so fast. I also went 2 weeks early. It was not the best experience because I was so scared of going natural and the ring of fire I had read so much about on the boards at the time. My body was doing all this crazy stuff like making all these noises I couldn't control coming out of me and the urge to push was the most extreme thing I have ever felt. My stomach was sore for a month. It was in the middle of the night with unfort for me 2 serious births that turned into C-sections so everybody was with those patients. Nobody called my Dr. when I got there so the attending ended up delivering me and you could tell he was freaked out by me growling and pushing every other second. My husband was even scared and nothing bothers him. I screamed the F word when I pushed her out because I was so scared of this "pain" but I never had the ring of fire TTL! I'm just embarrased I did that. But I just ordered Ina May's Childbirth book so I plan on being very well educated this time!!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh man the ring of fire was horrid with dd! I don't remember it being that bad with ds (who was bigger too)
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
oh man the ring of fire was horrid with dd! I don't remember it being that bad with ds (who was bigger too)
YIKES! That's the only thing I'm scared of A part of me hopes I go early again since that means a smaller baby. Ella was 7lbs5oz at 38w when I had her. With a little head phew.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housefullofgirls View Post
YIKES! That's the only thing I'm scared of A part of me hopes I go early again since that means a smaller baby. Ella was 7lbs5oz at 38w when I had her. With a little head phew.
ds was 8lbs7oz and dont remember rof

dd was 7lbs0oz and holy heck rof was horrid
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

med free here - i had my first in the hospital w/o pitocin or any interventions and my second at home. this baby (#3) will either be in a nearby birthing center or here at home (i havent decided yet-only bc my last kiddo was stuck for 4 hrs during the pushing stage and it kind of freaked me out when at the last bit his heart started to act funny. he was mal-positioned though so his labor was ultra long and hopefully that wont happen again!).

there is something about birth even though it is pretty intense. i grew up on a horse ranch in TX and i loved watching our mares labor. the experience is amazing to go through, even when it seems brutal and out of your control. it makes me proud of my baby and my body, and it gives me such a feeling of strength and this weird feeling of connection to women all around the world and throughout time.

here's hoping everyone has the birth they want!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

oh, and yes, it really depends with the ring of fire feeling. my first was 8lb11oz, second was smaller at 8lbs5oz but OWWWWW. his head was cocked to the side though. ow.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #27
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet View Post
oh, and yes, it really depends with the ring of fire feeling. my first was 8lb11oz, second was smaller at 8lbs5oz but OWWWWW. his head was cocked to the side though. ow.
I think it's the 2nd child. My mom didn't want to tell me about the after birth pains. I was in tears it hurt so bad! But it may have just been the nurse. She would push on my uterus to get it to contract. I was about to punch her. My dad had to leave the room he was about to cry seeing me cry!
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Labor part I can do.... I agree its the ring of fire I dread..... I still have extreme pressure in my hooha since my DD so hoping its not too bad.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Planning med free home waterbirth this time. my first was supposed to be med free, got epi at 24 hours, My 2nd I planned on the epi, but it had major complications before they even got it in, so he was technically med free, my 3rd was med free hospital birth.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #30
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My first son was a medicated birth. I had been up all night (I have a tilted uterus and a back problem that causes me to have back labor the entire time) and I needed to sleep. I wasn't expecting back labor so I was bewildered by the amount of pain ripping through me. So I got two shots of demerol and was able to sleep about 6 hours. I finally asked for the epidural, but they didn't check my dilation before placing the first shot and catheter. Before hooking up the epidural, they had me checked and found I was entirely dilated, so I gave birth with the catheter hanging out of my back. I wish I could go back and change that.

My second son was so much different, and I'm so happy I birthed him naturally. I did have to have IV antibiotics for group b strep, but that's it. I knew the pain was going to be as intense as before, so I was prepared for the back labor. I was in the tub with the spa jets pointed at my back for about 4 hours of my labor. The birth center had a huge hot water heater I guess lol. Also, walked a lot. I was so glad I was able to be present and in control of my labor and birthing. I loved it, pain and all. I plan to do the same this time around.

I haven't looked into a doula because my DH and my mom are my support and voice when I need to get my wishes granted. I do see midwives though, so it's different than an obstetrician. This one, I'm afraid I might have to see and OB instead of my midwife because I had a hernia repair done with mesh, so we'll see what happens!

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote