Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Diaper bag rec for cloth diapering

I have noticed that most diaper bags are too small for cloth diapers. I have a Columbia bag that I don't like and want a new one.

I like messenger type bags that are colorful. So what's your rec?

Mama married to my soulmate and homebirth partner. I am a co-sleeping, , ing, babywearing, ERF, and delayed vaxing mama to two intact boys (6/2010) & (4/2013).
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
My Mood:
I recommend a custom timbuk2 messenger. I have a tote from there and my husband has a messenger.
Danielle, Nick, Gigi ('08) and William ('11)
Happy Family
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Diaper bag rec for cloth diapering

I have been researching this a lot lately. I heard about this woman: and these seem like good bags. Then my mom thought that I should get something more main stream. So I started looking at JuJuBe bags and thought maybe the BFF will work.

My problem is I HATED, absolutely HATED the bag I had for DS. And I don't want to be in that situation again. With him I had the Skip Hop Dash. The biggest problem I had with it was every time I stopped the car, the whole thing went spilling out of the car. So I am trying to avoid that in the future.

My other problem is ds is 4 years old. When he was in diapers, I had a phone, camera, wallet, day planner, ect.. Now I have a phone, wallet, keys and sunglasses. Everything else has been condensed as smart phones do almost everything now. So what I thought I needed with DS is not what I will likely need now.

I think I may just have to order some bags and see what will work for us at home. Few places carry even the JuJuBe bags around here.

Good luck in your search and realize your not alone with this problem.
Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

depends on how much you take. i just take 2 to 3 diapers wipes. sometimes clothes & my stuff or to eat things fit in small bag. if u take more then. i dont know what to suggest.....
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I love my Skip Hop Grand Central diaper bag. It is sooo spacious, but it is not messenger style. Before that I had a Skip Hop Dash Deluxe which was too small.
Proud mom to a perfect little boy born 3/16/11 and a precious baby boy born 4/24/14
myoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
I've heard people raving about the Brooke Van Gory bags for awhile and I'm currently waiting on mine. From reviews I've read, they hold a good amount of cloth diapers (and a bunch of other stuff.) She's been a great wahm to do business with so far! I love that everything is customized. I know JuJuBe is popular but for that price range, I'd rather have a totally unique wahm bag!
Alli. Wife to C Mom to M ('07) S ('10) B ('13)
maddys_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
Registered Users

You could look at the various bags that LL Bean and Lands End have to offer.
kalapolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just use my purse. I only take 1 or 2 diapers with me, a small thing of wipes, and they fit in my purse. Oh and the wet bag of course. If we're going to be gone from home for awhile I still keep a few in my purse and then keep the rest in the van, with a change a clothes.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:
We had a smaller bag, just a cute pooh bear bag we got at target. We decided when trying to pack it that it was way too small for cloth diapering a newborn and having things for our 3 year old (clothes, toy, maybe her leap pad) so I looked around last week and decide on the ju ju be Be Prepared bag. I love it ! I packed it this weekend and its amazing. It's probably too big for a regular packer, but I would recommend the brand to anyone. The bag is obviously well made and well thought out design wise.
NutMeg4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Registered Users
JJ cole satchel

So nice!! And big!!

I can send you real pics if you want just email me at s e b no spaces

I over pack all the time lol and this back has plenty room. & we have the gray one which is a great color
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote