Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #71
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: s/o Why are we so concerned about fomula feeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
But I get comments all the time from people that I dont ebf. I actually had several women in a baby wearing group get angry at me because at 6 mo I started adding formula because I was having emotional issues. They told me I needed to just try harder. I now no longer attend because it got so that every time I wwent it was so stressful.

I have never comment on me nursing. well except once when I was nip and someone just had to comment how thoughtful I was for using a cover.
I'm sorry for your experience. People can be really crappy. My experience is like yours, just switch around ff and bf. I have rarely had anyone say nice things about me b****** (maybe twice in 6 years), but have had plenty of negative comments and unwanted weaning advice.

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #72
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure why that was starred out? Is Diaperswappers discriminating because I breast feed?! Haha

Maybe auto correct changed it to something else.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Not sure why that was starred out? Is Diaperswappers discriminating because I breast feed?! Haha
What was the word? I cant even figure it out.

Pm me the word with spaces. Lol
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #74
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
What was the word? I cant even figure it out.

Pm me the word with spaces. Lol
It was supposed to be breast feeding. Maybe I didn't put a space between the two words and it changed it to something else.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #75
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
But I get comments all the time from people that I dont ebf. I actually had several women in a baby wearing group get angry at me because at 6 mo I started adding formula because I was having emotional issues. They told me I needed to just try harder. I now no longer attend because it got so that every time I wwent it was so stressful.

I have never comment on me nursing. well except once when I was nip and someone just had to comment how thoughtful I was for using a cover.
That certainly is crappy, but it truly does go both ways. It also probably depends where you live, what is the norm there, and who you are around. FF is the norm here, so when I bottlefed my ds1 no one batted an eye. Then when I nursed my ds2 I got dirty looks and a few comments. I would see people pointing at me and whispering to their friend next to them. I felt really uncomfortable for the longest time. And even if you aren't nursing from the breast, but you prepare a bottle of expressed milk you still get nasty looks. I was in the bathroom once, public bathroom in the mall, warming up a bottle of expressed milk under the sink and someone said to me "yuck that is so gross I can't believe you would bring breastmilk in a bottle". I can tell you I have judge parents for their actions (not bf vs ff, but for other things, mainly abuse), and no matter what we do as parents, we will be judged for them. After being a mom for nearly 6 years, I have decided not to care what people think of me, my family, or my parenting.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #76
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrozberry View Post
That last paragraph exactly. I own my choice too. Yes I made it because of stupid doctors and I wish it was different but I don't feel judged or bad when people talk about the benefits of breastfeeding. It's information, I honestly believe if you are offended by information people out out there, you really need to ask yourself if you are really secure in your choices.
I don't think anyone is offended by information, I think that telling parents that formula is garbage, compared to a pop tart, sub standard, etc is the part no one is pleased with. I also think that disliking being judged does not equal insecure with my choices, it just means I don't care for judgement, but that's just me.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #77
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post

That certainly is crappy, but it truly does go both ways. It also probably depends where you live, what is the norm there, and who you are around. FF is the norm here, so when I bottlefed my ds1 no one batted an eye. Then when I nursed my ds2 I got dirty looks and a few comments. I would see people pointing at me and whispering to their friend next to them. I felt really uncomfortable for the longest time. And even if you aren't nursing from the breast, but you prepare a bottle of expressed milk you still get nasty looks. I was in the bathroom once, public bathroom in the mall, warming up a bottle of expressed milk under the sink and someone said to me "yuck that is so gross I can't believe you would bring breastmilk in a bottle". I can tell you I have judge parents for their actions (not bf vs ff, but for other things, mainly abuse), and no matter what we do as parents, we will be judged for them. After being a mom for nearly 6 years, I have decided not to care what people think of me, my family, or my parenting.
I was more commenting because pp said she didn't think it really went both ways.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #78
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I was more commenting because pp said she didn't think it really went both ways.
I just was referring to the people I know, when I said it doesn't go both ways. I didn't mean to belittle your awful experience. I do realize that ff moms get judged, just not among the people I know.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #79
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post

I just was referring to the people I know, when I said it doesn't go both ways. I didn't mean to belittle your awful experience. I do realize that ff moms get 2morojudged, just not among the people I know.
I dont think bf moms should be judged either. it is all mommy wars. I think it is just demo graphics. Here lots of moms bf but not past a year. They always circ. Our average here is still very pro circ my pedes says less than 2% of her boy babies are intact. very few rf past a year and no one seems to rf past 2. I belong to several mommy toddler groups.have 2 friends who are drs and a couple dc friends. So I always ask. Even my big cloth diaper crunchy moms are way less crunchy than these boards. So I think irl differs for everyone.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #80
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ah ok. Yes it does go both ways Mine was with BFing, but I know family and friends who were judged for FF, and of course, you can see that on here.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote