Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
toutoute
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the love of reading group! ~FEBRUARY~ *Join us!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJeannieZ3 View Post
I'm glad to have found this group!

I have Divergent in my wishlist & I'm kicking myself for not getting it on my Kindle when I had the chance to get it for free!

I just finished Maelyn (a free book on my Kindle) and I really liked it. It was a cute, quick read with plenty of plot & fun characters. The premise is 9 orphaned girls who were adopted by the King & Queen as infants and raised as the princesses of the realm. Their parents are dead now and there is division in the kingdom as to whether or not they are legitimate rulers. Maelyn is the oldest and therefore more "in charge". The series is planned to have a book about each of the princesses, and I am assuming that it will continue the post that was started in the first book.

I am in the middle of Love & Logic as well as the first book in the Brotherband Chronicles by John Flanigan. It is a spin-off from another series he did called The Ranger's Apprentice, which I loved. I have also got about 20% of the way through Great Expectations (which Hubby & I were supposed to be reading together, but I hit a snag & he powered through without me!). I too am a book-a-week girl, and have the attention span of a goldfish which is why I often read YA books, but lately I can't seem to get any reading done... something about these 3 kids and the rest of our busy life. I miss reading. Oh! I've also started The Dress, but I haven't gotten in to it quite yet although it seems good.
You have got to read Divergent. Love, Love this book. I couldn't put it down.

Advertisement

toutoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
toutoute
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Done reading "Legend" and I love it. I am loving those dystopian YA books lately.

I am reading "Matched" by Ally Condle and love it so far.
toutoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Ooh what a fun thread I'm in the middle of the hobbit hoping to finish it this week then I'm starting the lord of the rings trilogy. I bought them all in one book and can't wait to start reeding them.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

currently reading Widow's War (Gunning). Very good so far.

Next on the list, Virgin Cure by Ami McKay.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm dipping here and there into a book called The Stories of English by David Crystal. It is a bit dry at times because it very detailed about how English came about in today's form with lots of examples form texts and stuff. So, I take it a bit at a time. I've been dipping into that book for 3 years on and off.

Listening on Audio now at Odyssey of the West Part II. I am also reading a few scholarly articles about Teaching English as a Second Language. Very academic at the moment.

I am wondering what fiction to try that will hold my attention span right now. I think I watch too much TV so reading fiction isn't that much fun right now. I want that to change though.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
marzi2013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_jodi View Post
I finished Gone Girl and while I thought the book was good and kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next, I was a bit let down by the ending.
I felt the same way about Gone Girl. I enjoyed reading it and it was a page turner. But, by the end it somehow fizzled out for me.

It's a little late in the month to join in, but I love the idea of this thread. My goal will be to read for pleasure at least three times a week. Currently, I'm reading The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin and the graphic novel The Watchmen. I am by no means a comic book junkie or even an occasional fan, but I have inexplicably developed an interest which has been fueled by my many friends (who knew!) who are super into the genre.

Happy reading, mamas!
marzi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
Sylvie89
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am reading the last book in the Wheel of Time series right now. It will be good to see how it all finally wraps up.

Next I think I will revisit my favorite series of all time - The lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett. Historical fiction at its finest!
Sylvie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
lil_jodi
Registered Users

My Mood:

I finished Blackberry Winter a few days ago and LOVED it. It was so easy to read and kept me engaged and wanting to keep reading and find out what happened next. The characters were great...I really kept wanting to know more and more.

Now I am reading The Sorceress by Michael Scott, but I've only read a chapter so far. This is the 3rd book in the Nicholas Flamel books and I like them well enough, but not enough to rush on to the next, so I always read other stuff in between.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzi2013 View Post
I felt the same way about Gone Girl. I enjoyed reading it and it was a page turner. But, by the end it somehow fizzled out for me.

It's a little late in the month to join in, but I love the idea of this thread. My goal will be to read for pleasure at least three times a week. Currently, I'm reading The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin and the graphic novel The Watchmen. I am by no means a comic book junkie or even an occasional fan, but I have inexplicably developed an interest which has been fueled by my many friends (who knew!) who are super into the genre.

Happy reading, mamas!
how do you like the orchardist? it is on my list...
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I "forced" some fiction on myself today. Just suddenly all that academic stuff wore thin. I am reading an old one: Dolores Claiborne by Steven King.