Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm thinking the T.V. is gonna go soon if I have to see another....

my dh doesn't seem to understand. i get SO frustrated every time we watch a movie and it's all about sex. you can't watch an adult movie these days that doesn't have SOMETHING sexual in it. seriously? THAT'S your idea of getting ratings? to make everything about sex?

i walked out of a movie once, dh stayed. it was 'crank,' the part where the dude is doing her from behind... yeah. i got up and walked out. granted, i was pregnant with ds2, and hormones were raging. but it just irritates the CRAP out of me that EVERY.THING. has to be about sex these days.

immature? sure. self concious? absolutely. i just hate watching my husband, watch other girls, constantly. and i can't get away from it no matter what we watch!

the kids only watch select channels. nick, nick jr. etc. so i don't have to worry about them seeing any of that.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
my dh doesn't seem to understand. i get SO frustrated every time we watch a movie and it's all about sex. you can't watch an adult movie these days that doesn't have SOMETHING sexual in it. seriously? THAT'S your idea of getting ratings? to make everything about sex?

i walked out of a movie once, dh stayed. it was 'crank,' the part where the dude is doing her from behind... yeah. i got up and walked out. granted, i was pregnant with ds2, and hormones were raging. but it just irritates the CRAP out of me that EVERY.THING. has to be about sex these days.

immature? sure. self concious? absolutely. i just hate watching my husband, watch other girls, constantly. and i can't get away from it no matter what we watch!

the kids only watch select channels. nick, nick jr. etc. so i don't have to worry about them seeing any of that.
My kids only watch pre-watched movies like Cars, Toy Story what have you and then we dvr things like Thomas the Train, Little Bear, Blues Clues, etc. But when the t.v. wants to switch out because my husband's show is recording is when I worry. Then they get a glimpse of BBC channel commercial for example where the king is biting the lip of the town wench and what have you. A little ridiculous.

I don't like how every action movie now has a bada$$ girl in it- now don't get me wrong. I love seeing a bada$$ girl in a movie, it's awesome, go women! But why does she have to dress like a stripper? I seriously doubt you can karate chop and drive a fast car with THAT tight of leather pants and leather bra on. Really? NOONE dresses like that. I just don't like how they have to oversexualize a woman on t.v. The plot of the movie is awesome enough as it is, she's kicking full grown men's butts! Why does she have to do it half naked?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post

The sex scenes make me want to throw things! If people want to see that, go on the computer, type in your credit card and go to town with unlimited access. I don't see how it's even playing a key role in making any movie a good one. I don't mind a romantic one, ya know going into it then switch scenes but I really have no desire to see it...especially ending. But maybe I'm just weird...idk.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

I'm a total prude with stuff kids have access to! I hate how over sexualised the radio is now! If I have to hear one more child singing some disgusting lyric that they have no clue what it means I might scream.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shrugs
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
I'm a total prude with stuff kids have access to! I hate how over sexualised the radio is now! If I have to hear one more child singing some disgusting lyric that they have no clue what it means I might scream.
YES! Kids bop!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

We don't watch R movies. Rarely a PG-13 one, either. They seem to be ALL about sex/violence/gore when they are at those higher rating levels. It also seems that what used to be R is now passing as PG-13, so we are careful.

We mostly stick to Netflix. We like HGTV and the Cooking channel. Sometimes the kids might get an hour of NickJR or Sprout in the evenings.

That's pretty much the extent of our TV viewing.

I don't have any desire to watch or listen to filth. I am uber careful about what I put in my brain. Garbage in, garbage out! And once you see/hear a scene, you can never erase it, it's stuck in your brain forever.

DH once put picked a show from Netflix that he liked to watch AS A KID (like a 10 yr old) ... it had a scene where this man acts as if he is going to kiss this woman, then grabs her by the neck and smashes her skull with a metal bar. It doesn't show her head being bashed, but shows her arm outstretched and her fingers twitch with each smashing blow - which you can "see" in the blurred out background. This was a made-for-TV show that aired on TV for years.

I was so FURIOUS with him for putting that on, even though he totally didn't remember that part - b/c once that's in my brain, it's there forever. Why would I EVER want to have that image floating around inside my head? It's awful.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

You know, I loved the movie Grease as a kid. Loved it. It wasn't until later that I realized how sexual it was. I didn't turn out to be sleezy in high school because my mom willingly let me watch it. I would venture to say because she didn't call attention to it by making a big deal of all the sexual references, I never caught on. And by the time I was old enough to understand, I knew it was for entertainment, not because most high school students act like that.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #19
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's disgusting. I try to be open minded but sometimes I would just like to watch a movie or a tv show without sex scenes being involved. There is more to life than sex!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #20
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah we ditched tv more than 8 yrs ago. Mil has one in her room (bunny ears) and she's pretty ditsy so watches all kinds of shows and ignores all the filth. The kids are banned from her room while she's watching tv we do stream select movies for the kids and they watch shows on PBS kids online which is the extent of our tv time.