Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #91
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Hubbys GI bill money arrived yesterday. He had 400 he owed the schhol so he paid that plus tuition for his next class with about 50$ to spare. Yay!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #92
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 4 - Feb 10

I just made my first ever extra payment on ANYTHING. I sent a triple payment to my smallest student loan and it feels so good I'm seriously going to cry.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #93
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrebekah View Post
Tax return hit today. We'll be doing a minor car repair, paying off a credit card, and probably DH's seminary bill. We're discussing the exact numbers tonight when DH comes home from work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Tax refund is here! And already this morning I've paid $1,000 on the credit card and I'm getting ready to call and find out what pay off amount is on my SUV and will mail that check today!! So excited!
I just checked and we're getting ours tomorrow! I really needed to see this. Life has been so difficult lately, it's good to have something to be happy about

Last edited by KiltedKingdom; 02-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.
KiltedKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #94
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek
Tax refund is here! And already this morning I've paid $1,000 on the credit card and I'm getting ready to call and find out what pay off amount is on my SUV and will mail that check today!! So excited!
So awesome!! Try to call well ahead of the 3 pm deadline for the next days interest, I paid my car off yesterday and those jerks made me sit on hold for an hour till it was past 3 pm then very kindly gave me a new payoff amount and took my money. But they will swindle every penny they can.
As for me, we got our tax refund yesterday. We paid off my car, CC's and ds's school tuition for the rest of the year. Plus there was money left so I went to REI and had some fun :-) WE ARE DEBT FREEEEEE! I'm so excited!
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #95
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I just made my first ever extra payment on ANYTHING. I sent a triple payment to my smallest student loan and it feels so good I'm seriously going to cry.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #96
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Lol...Im cheap. 20$ for weddings and baby showers for close friends.
10$ for birthday parties (everyone gets art supplies from the dollar tree). For Christmas, me and my sis are both broke so we made a rule that only the kids get presents and theres a 25$/kid limit.

Thats how we roll, lol.
I hit around 10 for gifts for weddings/baby showers. Usually I end up ordering some cheap from eBay from China that we sell in the US for 10 times as much so the gift is nice, useful and doesn't seem cheap

That may be a different story with my sister (only sibling), who is getting married May 2010. We'll be putting out close to $1k with tuxes, dresses, parties/showers and gifts. But we'll be completely debt free with two incomes, so it's ok.

Quote:
So now we have some extra funds in there and I moved them over to the BEF which is now FULLY FUNDED!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
$140 for the DEQ problem
$36 for an oil change
$60 for break fluid
$240 for new transmission fluid
Wow, didn't realize things are so expensive... my DH does all the maintence and is super mechanic inclined (so is my BIL). So to get all that work done it costs me brake fluid $10, $20 oil/filter, $20 transmission fluid...and $15 for a case of beer

Quote:
Awesome about the raise!!! Mine has his review in March or April and we are hopeful. :-D

Thats good on the fafsa. Will it be mostly grants? That would be AWESOME!!!
Yep, grants.I'll probably be receiving a TEACH scholarship (Iowa offers it to people employed in early childhood fields and are going to college for early childhood degrees) when I start working in the fall as an associate. If that happens, I will be likely able to finsih my degree without paying more than $200 out of pocket The deal with me returning to college was NO STUDENT LOAN DEBT!!

Good luck on yur DH's review in March/April! We didn't think my DH would get a raise. He just changed jobs to this company in June and they gave him a $1.50 raise at his 90 day review. They do their annual reviews now, so we figured he got a raise in September and hadn't been at the company a year.... thus no raise. We were pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
This is totally off topic... but every time I see that thread that says "using coupons", I totally read it, "using condoms" and I do a total double take.
*ROFL* Seriously, I just snorted I laughed so hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrebekah View Post
Tax return hit today. We'll be doing a minor car repair, paying off a credit card, and probably DH's seminary bill. We're discussing the exact numbers tonight when DH comes home from work.
Quote:
Hubbys GI bill money arrived yesterday. He had 400 he owed the schhol so he paid that plus tuition for his next class with about 50$ to spare. Yay!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK View Post
So awesome!! Try to call well ahead of the 3 pm deadline for the next days interest, I paid my car off yesterday and those jerks made me sit on hold for an hour till it was past 3 pm then very kindly gave me a new payoff amount and took my money. But they will swindle every penny they can.
As for me, we got our tax refund yesterday. We paid off my car, CC's and ds's school tuition for the rest of the year. Plus there was money left so I went to REI and had some fun :-) WE ARE DEBT FREEEEEE! I'm so excited!
YAY for great news for all 5 of you!!!!!

Quote:
Is anyone else so superstitious they are afraid to post good things before they are supposed to happen for fear of sending Murphy an engraved invitation???
I'm the opposite, I figure we have had Murphy living with us for the past 5 years. She's worn out her welcome and I'm going to shout any possibility of good news from the rooftops!
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #97
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Oh well, we go through a small credit union and they wont let us pay over the phone. I had to mail it and they gave me the pay off $$ for next wednesday. Its ok.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #98
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Awesome feeling huh!?!

Quote:
WOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

AFM, Dh is at the CU getting cash out for the envies today so I can finally get those done up. I had to buy gas and groceries on the debit card so we're just pulling that much less out.
And, in other good news. We appealed to the insurance compay about their first settlement. And got another $4K toward redooing the basement. It still doesn't completely cover everything, but it's a whole lot more than we had! So we figure if we do some of the work ourselves like framing and electrical and some of the painting that we should have enough to pay a contractor to do the parts we can't do- like sheetrock and plumbing, and finish work. $4k should go a long way I hope.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #99
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

DH is getting 6 hours of overtime next week! That's $150. We're paying off our personal loan this month for sure, YEEHAW! *excited*
frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #100
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmomof2 View Post
DH is getting 6 hours of overtime next week! That's $150. We're paying off our personal loan this month for sure, YEEHAW! *excited*
Yay!