Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #71
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP
I am currently trying to cut our grocery budget back a little bit. I feel like it is getting out of hand. I say $700/m for everything (eating mostly organic and paleo), but I always wind up going over. The only convenience foods we really buy are fruit leather and pre-cut lettuce (because by weight, I can get organic romaine cheaper already cut up). But we eat a lot of dried fruit and cashews and almond milk and organic. I don't know if it is me, or the cost food. I haven't even been buying meat the last two months because my freezer is stocked.
Cost of food.

Seriously $279 yesterday at Kroger...

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #72
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 4 - Feb 10

cost of food and gas prices back up again. seriously we can't catch a break.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #73
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Gas WOULD go up 20 cents a gallon the week we move across the city. We've had to make a ton of extra trips here and there and all over the dang place. We're probably going to spend twice what is in our gas budget.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #74
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Well.....good times for us (eyeroll).....well sorta. My girls go to mdo right now. Odd starts kindy so for ydd, if we want to keep her there, we have to sign up now and pay a fee (75 I think), to hold her place for Sept. The kicker though is that ydd is in speech therapy. She turns 3 on Sept 1 and if she still qualifies, she will begin ST thru the school district at that time. They dont evaluate her til August. :S They also have to be confusing with a 2 day, 4 day, and 5 day a week program.
I dont want to pay 75$ to mdo, only to have to eat it if ydd needs services from the district instead. Know what I mean?

Sigh

PS, she was also evaluated for OT services yesterday and they found her to have a couple of deficits. They want to start her on OT but the company they referred us to only accepts medicaid. So a bunch more hurry up and wait while my girl sits.
:/

Last edited by bluecandi; 02-06-2013 at 03:43 PM.
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #75
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Argh. Good news and bad news. They called to tell me that my car was ready and it was about $80 less than quoted. So that is awesome. I just opened our electric bill for the month and it was $255. I've NEVER had a bill here over $150 in 6 years. I don't know if they raised the rates that much, or if I have an electricity leak somewhere. I'm kind of baffled.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #76
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

*sigh* gas is killing me. We have 6 weeks left before the kids and I move back home, and there's so much we want to do but can't because gas was sitting at 4.16 last week, who knows WHAT it is now. Last week I filled up at $4.05 and the $80 cash I put in didn't even fill it all the way. And since everything we want to do is in San Diego (about 1.5hours away), its really cutting into our ability.

Then we had to do the brakes/rotor/oils on my car. There was another nearly $300. And of course, we all (and by we I mean the kids and I) have been hit with another bug, and we're all crappy feeling and just BLAH. We had a special movie and pizza day today just to lift our spirits, since we've been locked in the house for the past 3 weeks it seems.

Other than that I'm just pushing through, trying to stay home and not spend any more money until the 14th when our budget resets. Which is easier now that I'm practically paralyzed from doing Insanity. LOL

Would REALLY love to get our tax refund so I can pay off the car and be done with it all.
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #77
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Went to take the baby for a quick "it's a virus, keep doing what you've been doing" (aka peace of mind for mom) type of pedi visits, and it turned into a 4 hour long, expensive trip, with an rsv swab, strep swab, chest xray, breathing treatment, and a prescription for a nebulizer and albuterol. Ugh. Much preferred over a hospital stay, but still. Not what I was expecting. She wants to see him again tomorrow, too. We pay cash, so I'm already out $125 for the x ray, nebulizer and prescription. No idea what the two pedi visits will total.

Do not want to fill up the car this week, either. Gas jumped another 10c from yesterday, to 4.18 here. And of course it will probably stay high through the weekend and Monday, but I doubt my half tank will last me a week, either.

At least we should see our first paycheck tomorrow!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #78
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is totally off topic... but every time I see that thread that says "using coupons", I totally read it, "using condoms" and I do a total double take.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #79
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
This is totally off topic... but every time I see that thread that says "using coupons", I totally read it, "using condoms" and I do a total double take.
Bahahaha!! Me too!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #80
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
Went to take the baby for a quick "it's a virus, keep doing what you've been doing" (aka peace of mind for mom) type of pedi visits, and it turned into a 4 hour long, expensive trip, with an rsv swab, strep swab, chest xray, breathing treatment, and a prescription for a nebulizer and albuterol. Ugh. Much preferred over a hospital stay, but still. Not what I was expecting. She wants to see him again tomorrow, too. We pay cash, so I'm already out $125 for the x ray, nebulizer and prescription. No idea what the two pedi visits will total.

Do not want to fill up the car this week, either. Gas jumped another 10c from yesterday, to 4.18 here. And of course it will probably stay high through the weekend and Monday, but I doubt my half tank will last me a week, either.

At least we should see our first paycheck tomorrow!
Ugh that sucks!! Im so sorry! Hope he recovers quickly!