Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

Anyone a super fast birther after having many and not make it?

I'm due with my 6th and JUST made it to the hospital with the last baby. I went from mildly uncomfortable to my water breaking and head crowning before I could get my cloths off. I keep having dreams I'm gonna have this one in the bathroom. Anyone not make it to the hospital?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq

Advertisement

ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone a super fast birther after having many and not make it?

I just made it to the hospital for #2 --born 5 min after I got there-- I didnn't have more than some light cramping as warning--the a couple oh crap those are real contractions, my water broke, he was born. #3 I ended up being induced because of how far away we lived and I was a nervous wreck-- on my own each night with the other kids DH works 30min away-- after walking around for 6 days at 4+ cm. Induction took 1.5 hours total.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

With my 5th, it took forever for her to get here...Her cord was shorter than usually so she wasn't staying engaged and it was so frustrating. However, with #6 I started having serious contractions a little after one and barely made it to the hospital to and had him just after 3. The hospital where my midwife delivers is an hour away and I literally thought I was going to have him in the car. I walked into the hosp., told them I was having this baby and 12 minutes later I did. I will admit I'm nervous about future babies (and my last few have been 3 weeks early but completely healthy). My midwife told me if I have anymore I need to spend the night in the hospital if I even feel like delivery is imminent .

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I have quick labors, longest was 4 hrs. After being stuck in a car during transition and having ds 10min after arriving, we decided to just stay home from then on. I'd rather plan for a properly supported homebirth then a surprise one that is all panicky.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

good to hear I'm not alone! I've had one c section 3 kids ago that at risk for opening up...otherwise I would plan a home birth! My midwife was saying that sometimes labors slow down again after having many because the body doesn't work quite as efficiently. Hadn't heard that before.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I have heard that too, but I haven't really seen it happen. I'm part of board with women who are up in the double digits of kids and I rarely see deviation from their normal labor patterns. Maybe 2 out of 10 of their births will be different, but it's more due to baby's position than a "lazy uterus". I am going on birth #9 and so far, my patterns haven't changed either.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

#1 - 14 hours from SROM to birth
#2 - 12 hours from onset of labor to birth. 5 minutes from SROM.
#3 - 2 hours from onset of labor to birth. 20 minutes from SROM. MW didn't make it. Daddy caught her.
#4 - 3 hours from SROM to birth. Called MW early this time!

ETA: I just read your above comment and based on my experience I'd say my uterus is not getting lazy!!!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 05-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With the last couple they were fast. I live an hr from hospital and would love homebirth but have my own medical issues so not able. So I knew when confessions were lees than 10 mins (not painful but just tighten feeling) I knew I was in labor. Finished off conference I was at drive home, posted hospital bag, cleaned up drive hr to mil to drop off other 5 kid (all a span of 6 hrs or more) why in hospital said I was in labor. They thought I was crazy cause I was smiley and walked in line I was there to get my hair done. Called my doc and he'd said she knows what she's doing admit her. got admitted dialated 6 for a couple weeks and still there. I told them when labor paid hit I go fast, nurses thought I was a wack. Needless to say checked in at 730ish pain finally kicked in at 2:20, I delivered get my self on the bed at 2:22am. She came so far my water didn't break and she was delivered in it still. Nurses scrambled and said I was right about the fast deliveries. I knew if I had stayed home till pain kicked in I would have had her in the hall on the way to my car and bled to death. I hemorrhage bad.... Oh and dd failed all hearing tests including 1 month 3 month and finally perfect at 4 month specials... the bag burst and ask the fluid stayed in her ears for months, I was scared she was dead but all is well
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Speak typonese of you won't get my posts on kindle Swype
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Homebirth! LOL - besides the fact that I HATE hospitals and had no desire to have my baby there, the speed of my previous two labors were another reason that my DH was totally on board with a homebirth. DD was 2.5 hours, DS1 was 1 hour, 10 minutes. DS2 was born at home in 35 minutes. Between getting up, grabbing bags, getting the other kids up and in the car, I would have had him in the car in the hospital parking lot. Heck no!