Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how your thinking changes by the fourth kid....true, yes?

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
sallyjean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally true, though I only have 3. When my twins were crawling I would purposely scatter frozen peas on the kitchen floor to keep them occupied while I made dinner. I called it Nutra-tainment!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #23
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Never let my kids eat off the floor, I find that nasty, but I have become more easy going regarding candy & things like that.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Ummm....i must be in the minority because i never cared about these things even when my first was born. i mean we try to be reasonable about health and sanitation but i never worried about her getting sick, eating food off the floor or eating dirt. when my second went to the beach, she ate so much sand that she pooped sand for like three days.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
princessgirl409
Registered Users
seller

Oh, so true!!!! With our first, we had the nursery, beautiful crib set, everything was just perfect. Baby #5 should just be grateful she has a bed!
dd 4/09 dd 1/11
dd 12/13 (24 wks) expecting twins 1/15
princessgirl409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
R055ANA
Registered Users

Another mom chiming in to say you get more laid back the more kids you have. My ODD was never exposed to McDs before 2 yrs old, that was SO wrong in my eyes. By the 4th child she was recognizing the place on her own. Not something to be proud of and I wish it wasn't so but I found it hard to avoid it for her since we were going there w/ the family.

Another thing is every little thing I thought oh no, need to contact the Dr and you start relaxing w/ that too. Fever for 3 days, she will be fine soon, I will just keep an eye on it.

I love the example about the dirt and how by the 3rd you think now I don't have to feed him lunch too funny!
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #27
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99
I saw something that said something like "When the 1st kid eats dirt, you call the doctor. When the 2nd kid eats dirt, you wash him off. When the 3rd kid eats dirt, you think 'oh good now I don't have to feed him lunch'".

I would add "When the 4th kid eats dirt, you don't notice because you are too busy with the other 3".
LOVE this! This thread is so true. I'll be having my 6th in just a few months.

Makes me think of this time when I was changing my 4th, who was about 5 mths old and not even sitting up on her own,on the coach while talking to my best friend. When I got done changing her I picked her up and set her feet down on the floor ( thinking... Ok all done, go run and play!) I caught myself before letting go, and pulled her onto my lap. My best friend was like " we're you about to set her down like she was gonna run off somewhere?" We both started laughing until we cried!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear this all the time. I only have 1 & think like a mom of 4+ in that respect. I couldn't care less about eating off of a floor that hasn't been vacuumed in a couple of days. I don't even try to prevent every fall or push him to do things he's not ready to do. I think it just changes with your comfort level around kids, not necessarily the number of kids you've had. DH is still crazy paranoid. I get lectured regularly about how DS is going to fall off the couch, break his neck, be paralyzed & have to live in a wheel chair which will cause DH to kill himself in grief blah blah blah...
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

we call those "floor nummies" over here!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
mommy2colin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS was a fan of the floor spice but DD not so much. I think it's gross to eat off the floor but with DS it was impossible to keep him away from it. With DS I always fed him the best stuff. He thought Ritz were cookies untill he was 3. DD knows what a real cookie is and loves chocolate. We're ttc #3 and I feel that with each kid you become a little more relaxed. With DS I had to have a fully packed diaper bag to go anywhere and with DD as long as I had diapers, wipes and a spare onesie that I could shove in my purse we were good.

SAHM to Colin (6) "the thinker" & Kate "the princess" (3)

Check out my blog! Recipes, crafts and kids stuff!
mommy2colin is offline   Reply With Quote