Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #11
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Transverse at 25+ weekes?

Mine is transverse right now as well. My doctor thinks the reason is that I have a very low lying placenta so where baby's head is supposed to be is placenta instead. My other 2 kids were head down at this point but I refuse to stress over this until next month at least.

Advertisement

Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Transverse at 25+ weekes?

My last one was still transverse at my 32 week appointment! I was getting worried, but my OB said she would most likely turn by my 36 week appointment. I started looking at spinningbabies.com to help turn a transverse baby, and did the positions they recommended. I felt her move close to head down, and then flip back a little later. I kept doing this and also bought a support belt. Then after I got her feeling like she was head down, I'd put the support belt on to help keep her in place. I think she was transverse from my tummy being so stretched out from my previous baby so adding the support belt helped keep her in the right position. When I went in for my 36 weeks appointment, she was head down and my OB said to stop any spinningbabies exercises since we didn't want her to move again. I went into labor just under 2 weeks later. It was written in my file that I had a flip-flop baby, so they did a quick ultrasound to check position when I went in and she was still head down!