Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #91
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Liz, I have a friend that underwent gastric bypass and she said that even after losing the weight, she has days where she looks in the mirror and still sees herself as that fat 300+ lb woman. It's a struggle. It gets better as you go, but when you see yourself a certain way for so long, it's hard to overcome that. It is something that I have struggled with a lot over the last couple of years. I haven't lost any weight. Well, not really. I've really only lost about 10 lbs in 2 years. It's a real struggle to keep going with trying to eat right and to exercise when you don't see any change. I mean, I know I am healthier because my endurance has gone up, but I can't see that.

So, today is day 2 (again) of no soda. I had a smoothie for breakfast and I did 2 miles of a Leslie Sansome DVD. I'm going to go have some lunch in a few minutes that involves little grain (there are some cracker crumbs in the meatloaf) and good veggies (sweet potatoes -- yum!), but probably too much sugar. But, if I can get through the soda thing I can then focus more on reducing the sugar. I really don't find the grains thing too difficult. Dinner tonight will be beefy vegetable soup with potatoes (my family mutinies if it doesn't involve potatoes). Snack will probably be chocolate. Oh! No, it's going to be popcorn, I think. I have a couple movies to watch with the kids, so maybe we'll do that and have some popcorn.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #92
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Slimy72, that was a typo...lol! I want to lose the weight by the end of May. Lol!!!

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #93
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Heather, I don't know you but am sorry for your loss.

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #94
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

May makes a ton more sense. But hey, if you had a secret I was open to learning about it!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #95
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Liz, I have a friend that underwent gastric bypass and she said that even after losing the weight, she has days where she looks in the mirror and still sees herself as that fat 300+ lb woman. It's a struggle. It gets better as you go, but when you see yourself a certain way for so long, it's hard to overcome that. It is something that I have struggled with a lot over the last couple of years. I haven't lost any weight. Well, not really. I've really only lost about 10 lbs in 2 years. It's a real struggle to keep going with trying to eat right and to exercise when you don't see any change. I mean, I know I am healthier because my endurance has gone up, but I can't see that.

So, today is day 2 (again) of no soda. I had a smoothie for breakfast and I did 2 miles of a Leslie Sansome DVD. I'm going to go have some lunch in a few minutes that involves little grain (there are some cracker crumbs in the meatloaf) and good veggies (sweet potatoes -- yum!), but probably too much sugar. But, if I can get through the soda thing I can then focus more on reducing the sugar. I really don't find the grains thing too difficult. Dinner tonight will be beefy vegetable soup with potatoes (my family mutinies if it doesn't involve potatoes). Snack will probably be chocolate. Oh! No, it's going to be popcorn, I think. I have a couple movies to watch with the kids, so maybe we'll do that and have some popcorn.
I know what you mean. I feel so much stronger and healthier, and that's great but the vain side of me wants the visual weight loss. I'm not a patient person, so that doesn't help either. I'm struggling. I've been packing on weight since ds3 was born 6 years ago, so yeah it's been a long time.

I worked out hard yesterday but I was also pretty hungry so I over-ate a bit at lunch and dinner. No junk, all good healthy food but I didn't leave myself any calorie deficit. Today I was up a pound. I'm betting on it being the tacos I made for dinner last night, all that salt and carbs.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #96
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still feeling yucky today. Is this ever going to go away? And I'm still up on weight too. I just dont' get it. I'm eating applesauce and rice cakes, and hardly anything else and I'm not loosing weight, what gives!?!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #97
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Laurel, maybe it is time to talk to the doctor and make sure there isn't anything causing a problem.

AFM, the doctor wants me to go have an ultrasound done of my thyroid.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #98
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Laurel, maybe it is time to talk to the doctor and make sure there isn't anything causing a problem.

AFM, the doctor wants me to go have an ultrasound done of my thyroid.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #99
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For what the flu?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #100
AmberP
Registered Users