Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #111
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Let's see, breakfast was 1/2 a banana. I'm not a huge raw banana fan and I just couldn't choke it down LOL. I went to the dr this morning and on the way back I grabbed a cinnamin dulce latte and banana walnut bread from starbucks so there's my treat of the day LOL. Dinner will be spaghetti squash and spaghetti sauce with added fresh veggies, with mozzarella on top. Yummy!

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #112
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

My breakfast was a strawberry and kefir smoothie. Lunch was 2 hot dogs. Just the hot dogs -- no bun, condimsnts, chili, cheese, etc. Ate some chips and chocolate this afternoon and drank a Coke. So, not a great day foodwise, but oh well. Dinner will be roast, noodles, corn (not for me), and green peas. I think. I might offer applesauce instead of peas.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #113
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm getting glutened every time I eat regular oatmeal. Idk a cheap source of GF oatmeal...this sucks. My stomach hurts SO bad...I was wondering during my workout why I felt so sluggish and crappy, and it just occurred to me that I had oatmeal today...this is the 3rd time it's happened, so I'm fairly certain that's what it is...haven't had any dairy today, so can't blame that. It sucks, because it really helps my milk supply, but GF oatmeal is super expensive unless I buy like 50# of it, which isn't gonna happen because I don't have a place to store it...This really bums me out.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #114
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I'm getting glutened every time I eat regular oatmeal. Idk a cheap source of GF oatmeal...this sucks. My stomach hurts SO bad...I was wondering during my workout why I felt so sluggish and crappy, and it just occurred to me that I had oatmeal today...this is the 3rd time it's happened, so I'm fairly certain that's what it is...haven't had any dairy today, so can't blame that. It sucks, because it really helps my milk supply, but GF oatmeal is super expensive unless I buy like 50# of it, which isn't gonna happen because I don't have a place to store it...This really bums me out.
Do you have an Azure Standard drop point near you? They might have a good price for GF oats. I've never bought oatmeal from them, so don't know for sure. I'm not positive, even, that they deliver in MO, but it's worth looking into.

AFM, I think I have had a few gallbladder attacks over the last few weeks. At first I thought it was just gas because they haven't been as painful as I was led to believe gallbladder attacks are, but in my reading of them, I have quite a few symptoms, and I do have thyroid issues, which it mentions can contribute to it. So, I'm going to be very careful with my diet over the next few weeks and see if there are any repeats.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #115
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I'm stuck. I've been working my butt off, not cheating.. and I'm stuck. This stinks. Meanwhile dh is dropping the pounds like crazy and he's totally cheating the last couple days and not exercising. GGRRRRR..
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #116
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Did I kill the thread? Still stuck at the same weight, and I started really watching my calories and found a lot of hidden calories I was eating. I'm still not losing though. I'm thinking about doing a week or two of south beach phase 1 to see if it kicks the weight loss into gear again. Anyone done that while exercising? I'm a little worried about the lack of carbs.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #117
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

It's more the protein you need while working out, isn't it? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

And no, you didn't kill the thread. I think we're all just kind of out of it at the moment. We all seem to be struggling with something. I know I haven't even bothered really to try for the last week. Haven't completely let my self go, but haven't really cared much, either.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #118
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

I eat barely any carbs, but it's a result of being gluten free - I don't try for anything specific other than lots of protein and a calorie deficit.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #119
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Did I kill the thread? Still stuck at the same weight, and I started really watching my calories and found a lot of hidden calories I was eating. I'm still not losing though. I'm thinking about doing a week or two of south beach phase 1 to see if it kicks the weight loss into gear again. Anyone done that while exercising? I'm a little worried about the lack of carbs.
I've done south beach before and had good success. I did it after my first baby and lost about 20lbs (I had about 10 to go and then kind of just stopped) I did it while doing the 30 day shred. I did it for 30 days exactly. I put little stickers on my calendar and all! I did level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 and level 3 for 10. It was hard but 20 minutes a day is totally doable even if it was at odd/hard times.

What I think is good about south beach is that it gets you out of the sugar/carb addiction. that's the hard part. When you completely go off it, you don't crave it like you used to. That's when I started really feeling more energy and like salads and such were filling me up.

Do you have a smart phone? I've been using My fitness pal and love it! I also bought a cheap kitchen scale. that's been helping me. 1 oz. of cheese is not very much but that's a serving size. I had been giving myself so much more! I had MFP before I had a smart phone and didn't really use it. Its so easy to have it on my phone, one of the best things I've done.

I have had to force myself not to weigh myself every day. I'm down 11 lbs but on Saturday I was up 3 and that was depressing! I'm going to try really hard to just weigh in on Thursday or Fridays. Weighing every day and seeing the number rise is too tempting to quit and eat junk that day.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #120
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Ladies, the other reason I like MFP is the forums. there is lots and lots of advice, help and my favorite, success stories. A girl posted about gaining 6lbs in 1 day(she was eating 1,200 calories regardless of exercise, and weighing in 2x a day) Here was a response: I thought it was helpful and encouraging...to gain 6lb of fat, you need to eat 21,000 calories over and above your TDEE. If your TDEE is 2000 (to give an average figure) then you'd need to eat 23,000 calories in one day to put on 6lb of fat in one day. Unless you attempted to eat the entire contents of a Krispy Kreme donut shop or something like that, then it's not fat that you gained.

It's water weight, and the usual culprit for that is sodium. If you have been low carb dieting (or undereating, for that matter), you may have depleted your glycogen stores, then if you suddenly eat a lot of carbs, your body stores them as glycogen, which results in quite a big water weight gain. (and the initial losses on a low carb diet are water and glycogen, not fat, which is why the weight piles on again when you go back to eating a normal amount of carbs... although you can lose actual fat on a low carb diet if you're eating less than you burn off) - both these scenarios (or the two together) could result in a 6lb water weight gain in a day.

Ignore any big jumps on the scale, because unless you've eaten twenty thousand calories or so (which is nearly impossible, you'd be full and nauseous long before you ate that much) the gain isn't fat. It's 3500 calories over and above TDEE to gain 1lb of fat.