Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #121
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Yeah it does seem like we're all at a tough point right now. I have done SB diet before and had a lot of good success with it but I was never working out this hard while doing it. Even without working out, the lack of sugar/carbs would literally make me sick some mornings, I'd wake up dizzy, nauseous and I did dry heave a couple times if I didn't literally wake up and eat within a few minutes. I don't know what that's all about but it happened. I wound up quitting the last time because of it. I'm actually not craving the sugar or carbs right now, but I agree it's been a huge help in the past. I do have myfitnesspal ap on my kindle, and I've been logging it either on that or on the computer every day and that's a huge help to see where I need improvement. That's how I figured out that I was WAYY over-doing the calories at breakfast and it was an easy fix. Not drinking enough water still though, that's a hard one. I do need a kitchen scale, determining meat servings especially is a challenge without one.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #122
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finally, being sick caused a loss. I know I'll gain it back again though. I've been throwing up all weekend. Today I'm down to 152.2 (been 155 since June). It was nice to see a loss but I know now that I can eat food again, I'll go right back up. But wow, do I look thin in the face. So I guess I'll enjoy the loss while it lasts and hope it sticks around.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #123
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's a sucky way to lose weight. Sorry you've been so sick!

My stomach has been so torn up...I don't think it's gluten contamination right now...I think it's the 1-2 yogurts I've started eating each day...it's HORRIBLY painful right now, so I'm done eating that yogurt...I'll let dh eat it...I'm not sure if this is the beginning of DF or not...very possibly...I'm gonna miss my cheese and chocolate though so much. =( I think I can get away with eating cheese and chocolate...but definitely not milk in my coffee, and definitely not yogurt. ugh
Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #124
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by B's Mommy; 02-26-2013 at 07:44 PM.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #125
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I'm back up to 154.6 this morning. Dang. I really hoped I got to be lighter at least for a few days. Oh, well.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #126
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
And I'm back up to 154.6 this morning. Dang. I really hoped I got to be lighter at least for a few days. Oh, well.
((hugs)) It's frustrating but maybe it will drop again when you're hydration is leveled off.

AFM, I'm finally back down and losing again. Ditching the non dairy creamer and going with foamed milk and sugar free syrup in my coffee helped. I also upped my stationary bike ride to 45 min from 30. I had gone from 184 back up to 186 briefly and now I'm down to 183 so making progress again. Slow, ridiculous progress but hey, anything is better than where I started.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #127
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I haven't made progress, but I haven't been caring, either. Just going through life. I did have an ultrasound done of my thyroid, which they said was fine, but the doc is putting in a referral for me to see an endocrinologist, so we'll see how that goes. I keep trying to convince myself to eat super clean and exercise, instead of eating mostly clean and exercising on occasion, but I can't seem to convince myself.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #128
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You and me both! I am so tired. I was getting up at 5 am to work out, but now I get up at that time to go milk a sheep so my bottle baby lamb has milk for the day. And I've been sick for three weeks now and I just can't seem to get my energy back. I know I need to work out, but I'm just not into it.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #129
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
I'm in the same rut. I have been eating whatever and whenever for the past 2 weeks. Lots of eating out, definitely not GF/DF or Paleo. I have been so tired, too. I can't seem to get housework or errands done lately, so definitely no exercise. I think my thyroid may be out of whack and possibly hypo. I have to get labs drawn next week. I really did try to eat Paleo today, so I'm hoping I can keep my motivation up over the weekend. We are planting our garden tomorrow- green beans, pumpkins, watermelon, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, & zucchini.

Heather- Wife to 1, Mom to 5!
80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #130
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We are tilling the ground in preparation of a garden tomorrow. I plan on planting potatoes, carrots, brandywine tomatoes, Amish paste tomatoes, green peas, two different type of green beans (one which can also be dried for black beans), broccoli, and sweet corn. I think that is everything I have so far. No, wait -- cucumbers, too. I would like to add peppers, sweet potatoes, and sugar pumpkins to that, but I am not sure what I will have room for. I should do some onion, too. We are doing our garden at 30'x50' and I am not sure that's large enough.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote