Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

I could very well have more food allergies than just wheat...and today I ate some (delicious! I LOOOOOVE them!) steel cut oats for the first time, but they aren't GF, because the store doesn't carry GF oats, and I figured if it's trace amounts, no big deal...except now I have a stomach ache...UGH! It's not fair...I NEED oatmeal to help keep my supply up, and now I can't even eat it because of cross-contamination...

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #32
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

That has got to be maddening. What about fenugreek? I used to supplement with that when I was working and pumping for my kids. It worked great. Makes your sweat smell maple-y but hey do whatcha gotta do right?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Fenugreek is related to peanuts, so if you have a peanut allergy, be careful with the fenugreek. I know some people use it with no problems, but I reacted to it. I took brewer's yeast (in pill form) to help boost my supply.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh wow, I didn't know that!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #35
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I use fenugreek as well (and blessed thistle). I just notice a nice boost with oatmeal.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I could very well have more food allergies than just wheat...and today I ate some (delicious! I LOOOOOVE them!) steel cut oats for the first time, but they aren't GF, because the store doesn't carry GF oats, and I figured if it's trace amounts, no big deal...except now I have a stomach ache...UGH! It's not fair...I NEED oatmeal to help keep my supply up, and now I can't even eat it because of cross-contamination...
So sorry- dh can't have regular oats either. We get 25lb sacks of oats from Bob's red mill. Maybe there is a GF mill near you you could buy from for cheaper.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Virginia, could you be eating something that isn't agreeing with you? Do you have seasonal allergies? Stop me if I'm preaching what you already know, but certain foods have proteins that trigger the same reactions as the known allergy. For example, I'm allergic to latex, bananas make me want to claw myself inside out. It can make you feel awful!

Laurel You've got a lot on your plate, you sound like you haven't recovered yet. Talk about stress! I admittedly don't know enough about sheep but can a kid be fostered by a sheep? I was thinking maybe a goat kid would be easier to find in a hurry to graft to her.

And now I feel like a total jerk saying this but I lost another pound.

Congrats on the lb!

I've been looking for anything to graft on to her, but no body seems to have anything. So for now, I milk. I hate milking sheep. So much harder then goats. Their so little it's hard to get a grip. And I have to do it because dh's hands are way to big and he just can't.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #38
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Your name- Heather
Starting Weight- 198
Current Weight- 193
Short-Term Goal- 190 by Valentines day
Long-Term Goal- 165 by September
Weight Lost to Date- 5lbs
Weight Loss Plan- Weight Watchers and Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #39
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
So sorry- dh can't have regular oats either. We get 25lb sacks of oats from Bob's red mill. Maybe there is a GF mill near you you could buy from for cheaper.
I have no idea what's going on with my body...it sucks right now. I seemed to have only felt slightly sick today, so maybe it wasn't the oatmeal? I have no idea...I am so discouraged. I'm up to like 175 now! How in the world is it possible to fluctuate UP 9lbs? UGH. I need to stop weighing myself everyday, but I can't help it, I'm obsessed! I don't know if I'm eating too little, too much, or if maybe my body is freaking out because I'm eating more dairy than I used to now that it doesn't make me sick...but maybe I'm still reacting to it, just in a different way? I LOOK huge all of a sudden, so I'm assuming some of it is bloat...which could be caused by a reaction...I just don't know what I'd eat otherwise! I love cottage cheese and string cheese! =( I eat that every day! And nearly anything processed I do eat (like the chocolate chips in my trail mix lol) has dairy in it. I do NOT want to have to go DF too! ARGH! I'm so mad at my body!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #40
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Mommy View Post
I have no idea what's going on with my body...it sucks right now. I seemed to have only felt slightly sick today, so maybe it wasn't the oatmeal? I have no idea...I am so discouraged. I'm up to like 175 now! How in the world is it possible to fluctuate UP 9lbs? UGH. I need to stop weighing myself everyday, but I can't help it, I'm obsessed! I don't know if I'm eating too little, too much, or if maybe my body is freaking out because I'm eating more dairy than I used to now that it doesn't make me sick...but maybe I'm still reacting to it, just in a different way? I LOOK huge all of a sudden, so I'm assuming some of it is bloat...which could be caused by a reaction...I just don't know what I'd eat otherwise! I love cottage cheese and string cheese! =( I eat that every day! And nearly anything processed I do eat (like the chocolate chips in my trail mix lol) has dairy in it. I do NOT want to have to go DF too! ARGH! I'm so mad at my body!
I would have a harder time going DF than GF. I love dairy. But I'm starting to wonder if I have a problem with it too.

AFM, slowly slowly I'm loosing the weight. down another .2 today to 154.2 So after more than a week since my big skiing trip I'm finally almost down the 2 lbs I gained. I still don't understand fully why I gained and then am not loosing it. I had food poisening for hecks sake, you'd think I could loose with that. I'm finally feeling up to eating a little more, although I'm still not ready for anything spicy. So having Turkey and mashed sweet potatoes for lunch. Had a protien smoothie and strawberries for breakfast. I have some apple sauce and an apple and string cheese for snack. So hopefully I can avoid eating anything "extra" today and by tomorrow I can be back down to where I started a week ago.