Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #81
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing? I have been MIA due to my computer not letting me on DS for some reason. So now I am using DH's computer for a bit.

I have had a crazy couple of weeks. First, I was getting so ill with the pregnancy that I ended up in the hospital for IV fluids and anti-nausea meds. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis and given anti-nausea meds to take at home. I had to take them every 6 hours just to feel somewhat functional but I still couldn't eat much. I lost like 5lbs in a week. It was no fun. Then not even a week later I went in for a check-up with the OB and found that the baby had stopped growing. My body didn't catch on so I ended up having a D&C on Friday. I have been recouperating for the past 2 days but am feeling much better today. My hyperemesis symptoms have subsided and I've been able to eat for the first time in weeks!

I'm hoping to get back on the exercise train in 2 weeks when I am given the all clear at my follow-up with the OB. I also haven't been eating Paleo/Primal as I've just been eating whatever I could stomach so I want to get back to that as soon as possible, too.

DH and I are not going to TTC again. We have decided he should get a V since having Graves makes pregnancy high-risk for both the mother & baby and makes miscarriage more likely (and I don't think I could go through that again). So, now my focus will be on getting my Graves under control, eating Paleo & exercising to reduce inflammation in my body, and hopefully losing the last 25-30lbs or so I have to get to goal weight.

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #82
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Hey ladies, how is everyone doing? I have been MIA due to my computer not letting me on DS for some reason. So now I am using DH's computer for a bit.

I have had a crazy couple of weeks. First, I was getting so ill with the pregnancy that I ended up in the hospital for IV fluids and anti-nausea meds. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis and given anti-nausea meds to take at home. I had to take them every 6 hours just to feel somewhat functional but I still couldn't eat much. I lost like 5lbs in a week. It was no fun. Then not even a week later I went in for a check-up with the OB and found that the baby had stopped growing. My body didn't catch on so I ended up having a D&C on Friday. I have been recouperating for the past 2 days but am feeling much better today. My hyperemesis symptoms have subsided and I've been able to eat for the first time in weeks!

I'm hoping to get back on the exercise train in 2 weeks when I am given the all clear at my follow-up with the OB. I also haven't been eating Paleo/Primal as I've just been eating whatever I could stomach so I want to get back to that as soon as possible, too.

DH and I are not going to TTC again. We have decided he should get a V since having Graves makes pregnancy high-risk for both the mother & baby and makes miscarriage more likely (and I don't think I could go through that again). So, now my focus will be on getting my Graves under control, eating Paleo & exercising to reduce inflammation in my body, and hopefully losing the last 25-30lbs or so I have to get to goal weight.
Big, huge hugs, mama! <3 I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #83
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
So sorry.

Welcome! I think I must be reading that wrong, are you saying you plan to loose 40lbs in just over a month? That's a pound a day, I could be wrong but I'm not sure that's possible. Hoping I"m just reading it wrong, or you know something we dont' and you're going to share, because I'm so stuck right now I'm ready to try about anything.

And that pretty much sums up how I"m doing. I'm still up, I"m not losing, and I"m about ready to give up eating right because it's pointless.
*cough* Paleo *cough*

*wanders away innocently*
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #84
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #85
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

So sorry to hear about your loss, Heather.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #86
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Thank you ladies.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #87
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Heather, we were in the same ddc -aug 2010. Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #88
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heather- I'm so sorry.

AFM, have some kind of flu bug today. Feel like crap,don't feel like eating. Am managing to eat ramen and juice. It's not much but it's all I feel like. The fever/aching/pain is the worse. I hope I can get up enough to go to work tomorrow.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #89
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Heather I'm so sorry. Please be easy with yourself now.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #90
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I think I've hit my first hurtle. I'm going to vent here because I don't feel like anyone else would really understand where I'm coming from. I'm down to 184 from 201, I've lost 17lbs, that's HUGE! But in my head I still see 184 and think "that's still really big, you've seen the photos, you're still really fat". All this hard work and you're still fat. I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal and all I can see is that I still have so far to go and I'll admit to being a little scared that I'm going to GET to my goal and still be unhappy and think that I'm fat. Is that warped or what? There's also this little fear that I'll never be able to get that small again or that I'll just be this huge bag of skin when and if I ever do get there. Six months didn't seem like so long last month and I know I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other but today I feel a bit defeated. I guess there's no point to this other than to get it out of my head but in my brain I'm already skinny! I've committed to this 110%, I just wish my body would hurry up and get there even though I know I can't push any more than I already am. *sigh*
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote