Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #41
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 2/4-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
I had just been thinking over the past few days that we have had a relatively mild winter so far. Almost all our snow is melted! And now we might get 2 feet this weekend. Fortunately DH works about 5 minutes away so at least he won't be commuting long distances to work in the blizzard. I plan on staying home until the sun comes back out.
You are lucky that your DH works so close. DH works as close as he has ever since we moved to Jersey and it still isn't that close. When DS was born he was commuting 1 hour each way. Now he is only 30 minutes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
ob appt today and I'm taking the 2 year old with me...oh joy!
Good luck! I am taking my 4 year old next week with me. He will be good and I will charge up the DVD player. He does well with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I hope your appointment goes well today, Erica <3

I am feeling frustrated. I don't have another ob appointment until 18 weeks and I am getting really anxious. I heard the hb for about 2 seconds at my appointment at 12 weeks. I feel the bean moving on occasion, but I really want to know everything is going well, kwim? I am also frustrated because they won't schedule the anatomy scan until after my 18wk appointment, but they want to schedule it for 20wk, which gives DH exactly no way to get time off for it because he has to put in requests at least two weeks in advance-- three or four is preferable.
Call up whoever does the scan at 20 weeks and tell them that you NEED to schedule it now. They should be able to schedule it now for you. My 20 week scan was scheduled when I was 9 weeks. So trust me it can be done!

AFM - Baby is kicking to the outside now so I felt him with my hand and not because of movement on the inside. DH even felt him this morning but thought he was dreaming.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #42
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
You are lucky that your DH works so close. DH works as close as he has ever since we moved to Jersey and it still isn't that close. When DS was born he was commuting 1 hour each way. Now he is only 30 minutes away.

Good luck! I am taking my 4 year old next week with me. He will be good and I will charge up the DVD player. He does well with that.

Call up whoever does the scan at 20 weeks and tell them that you NEED to schedule it now. They should be able to schedule it now for you. My 20 week scan was scheduled when I was 9 weeks. So trust me it can be done!
It is done in-office and they told me no. Their office protocol is to have a 16 or 18wk appointment before scheduling the scan. So far, out of three appointments, I've had to reschedule two of them because they changed their provider schedules. If I didn't like the two CNM's that I see so much, I would totally start looking for a new provider.

I saw these two MWs with DS as well. So far, however, the care here has been 10x better than I received with my first, so I will probably stick it out. It is just frustrating. I will probably not have DH with me and DS and DD will have to come along, which may be a disaster like my last appointment with them. =D

Last edited by AmberP; 02-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #43
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Afm- I'm 14wks and I have definitely popped I'm surprised my boys haven't asked me why my belly is getting bigger. I plan on telling them on Valentines day I hope they are excited. And then we will start telling family and friends. I just really like experiencing this pregnancy with my little family. It's my last one so I want to enjoy it without the "wow your belly got big fast" (duh it's baby #3) or "if its a boy will you try again" (no I'm done) or anything for that matter. I'm very private and with Ds1 everyone just had something to say "everyone thought I was too small and then when I gained weight they said I was too fat. It was super annoying and then everyone wanted to be in the delivery room it was hell. And then with my Ds2 I didn't see any family until I was 8mos (I lived 2hr 45min away) and it was nice because I enjoyed my whole pregnancy and labor because no one was there, it was so peaceful. And I want that experience this pregnancy as well. So my question is how do you tell family not to be critical of your pregnancy body and that you don't want them in the delivery room and to quit obsessing if your child is a specific gender?
Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August

Last edited by Monkeymamaof2; 02-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #44
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
Ugg! I am 15 weeks today and I am feeling the little guy moving just enough to panic me when I don't feel him! Someone, please just hit me over the head with a baseball bat so I can wake up in 2 weeks when I should be feeling regular movement! I scared the living daylights out of DH today as I can't seem to feel little guy today!

North of New Jersey mama's please be safe in the next couple of days! We are only suppose to get about 3 inches of snow here. however I am hoping for more. DS and DH want to make a snow Dalik.

Eating chocolate and having something with caffeine normally gets my little bug on the move for about an hour. I found this out from sneaking a gulp of root beer and kitkats before bed lol

I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #45
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

appt went great! Got to see baby.

I go back March 14.

I do have my genetic screening next wednesday so get to see baby again then.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #46
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amber let me know if you want to come over and use my doppler
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #47
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7
vanessa- I live in south KC near lees summit... I work in belton so i see a lot of raymore peeps.
I didn't know you were a KC girl! I live just outside of Springfield. I have family in that area though.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #48
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm originally from mid-MO but I live near Springfield, MO now. I landed here because my ex-husband had a job here.

AFM: I'm excited to feel little flutters the past few days. They definitely seem random but I love it when I feel them. I also have a ways to go until I get to check on this little bean. I have my a/s and next appoinent in about 4 weeks and it has been 3 weeks since my last appointment. My doctor was going on vacation so I agreed to skip the 16-ish week appointment. We were Team Green with DS but will find out this baby's sex and I'm getting pretty excited. Prayers for a healthy, normal baby girl!!

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #49
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
vanessa- I live in south KC near lees summit... I work in belton so i see a lot of raymore peeps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I didn't know you were a KC girl! I live just outside of Springfield. I have family in that area though.

We usually head over your way for a bowling tournament every year. I don't always go though.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #50
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post

how fun to have to many of us relatively close.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote