Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel guilty....

We turned DS FFing today.
He'll be three in a couple weeks and it just was the best solution for right now but I still feel bad.
Originally I wanted to keep him RFing till he was 4. Well hes super tall and only had a couple of inches above his head while RFing. So I knew we wouldn't make it to 4. I figured if I could make it to 3 1/2 I would give the new baby his seat when we stop using the bucket and get him a FFing seat.

Well a couple of weeks ago I pulled a stomach muscle trying to pull him out of the third row of our van while he was sleeping with my big ol' preggo belly. I was in so much pain. It was horrible. I'm finally healing from that and we've been talking about carseat placement for when the new baby gets here.... and DH is getting ready to leave for 5 months of training. So it'll be me, DS (3yrs), DD1 (20mo), and DD2 newborn. We have no family near by to help so we turned him now so I don't have to turn the seat PP by myself after DH is gone.

Sorry I really just needed to get that off my chest.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel guilty....

3.5 years rear facing is excellent mama don't beat yourself up. I am thinking about turning DS at 3 years old because of our carseat arrangements.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He not three. He'll be three in a couple of weeks. We wanted to make it to 4, then 3 1/2 when we realized he was going to outgrow the seat in height.
Where moving him FFing now b/c I'm going to be alone PP with all three kids from 3 yrs to newborn.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 02-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think you've done awesome RFing for so long. And it doesn't seem physically possible for you to do it longer. You've done your best! That's all we can do!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I had to turn DD1 FF just before her third birthday too. She outgrew her seat at a bad time, and we didn't have enough money to get her a new one. It turned out for the best, because that was the beginning of a major growth spurt, she shot up 3 inches and put on about 5lbs in the space of 3 months, short of upgrading to a radian, which are really $$ up here, nothing would have kept her RFing.

It's hard. I cried. I was going through secondary infertility and she managed to have to be turned FF and potty trained all in the same week. But I did well sticking to my guns and keeping her RF as long as I did, and so did you. We can only do what we can do, you know?
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm gonna cry when I turn Aubz. You've got to do what you've got to do and you did great making it to a few weeks away from 3.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I had to turn DD1 FF just before her third birthday too. She outgrew her seat at a bad time, and we didn't have enough money to get her a new one. It turned out for the best, because that was the beginning of a major growth spurt, she shot up 3 inches and put on about 5lbs in the space of 3 months, short of upgrading to a radian, which are really $$ up here, nothing would have kept her RFing.

It's hard. I cried. I was going through secondary infertility and she managed to have to be turned FF and potty trained all in the same week. But I did well sticking to my guns and keeping her RF as long as I did, and so did you. We can only do what we can do, you know?
He is in a Radian. LoL
While RFing he only had a few inches between the top of his head and the top of the seat. So it would have had to happen soon rather then later.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone! I know RFing to 3 is great but I still feel like a failure. I will just have to know I did the best I could.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mommy guilt is the worst. Don't dwell on it friend

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
imjustjessa
Registered Users

Congrats on RFing to 3! (just about.)

That is an awesome achievement and you should be proud that you were able to keep him rear facing as long as you did.