Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TMI THREAD!!!!

Sorry but I didn't want to post the issue in the title. Is anyone else dealing with severe constipation already? I have issues normally but now that I am taking the iron (my prenatal doesn't have any) and not drinking regular coffee I am going to die. I've barely gone in 4-5 days and I feel horrible. I even took some senna pills! Nothing! I need suggestions.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
Sorry but I didn't want to post the issue in the title. Is anyone else dealing with severe constipation already? I have issues normally but now that I am taking the iron (my prenatal doesn't have any) and not drinking regular coffee I am going to die. I've barely gone in 4-5 days and I feel horrible. I even took some senna pills! Nothing! I need suggestions.
Yes!! I was in the same boat just the other day. I took the max dose of milk of magnesia. It worked in like 2 hours. I am also taking 4 of the fiber gummies each day. It's so miserable!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: TMI THREAD!!!!

Not this time, but with my last pregnancy I was taking Zofran and didn't poop for practically the first two trimesters. My doc recommended some type of fiber capsules, those and a ton of water helped a little.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
robyn_h
Registered Users

My Mood:
Coffee was the only thing that could make me go during my short time on zofran. I drank regular coffee but I read that decaf would work too. I guess if decaf didn't work I would try caffeinated, but I know some people are more careful than me.
robyn_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Psyllium husk is a good one for dealing with constipation. I took Magenium/calcium supplements that made a big difference. There is a powdered drink mix that's called Calm that's at Fred Meyers in the natural section. It tastes like lemonade. And I have a friend who swears by adding 1 tbsp of oil (olive oil) daily. You can put it over salad, mix it with oatmeal, or pour it over eggs.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the opposite problem I have (self diagnosed) IBS and its horrible when I'm not pregnant. That I'm kind of glad to get the relief every 2 days of nothing

but yes being plugged up is horrid! Hope you can find some relief
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
I take miralax every other day and stool softeners (2) in the evenings. I take them faithfully because I am on the Zofran pump. I normally take fiber pills but lately they make me really bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm. Thanks ladies! I do have psyllium husk already. Maybe I'll try that. I might just need to do the MOM tonight though.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I struggled with this during my first pg and have already had a few issues this time. My rx prenatal has stool softener in it, which really seems to help but sometimes I take my gummy prenatals instead. Metamucil (or any other physillium husk fiber) helps too. I was in the same boat as you last week but I felt like everything was "right there" (sorry if that is tmi). I was planning on getting glycerin suppositories if things didn't happen on their own but, thankfully, they did. Everything I read said that glycerin suppositories were safe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by lynn97; 01-13-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Corrected typos
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't normally have this issue this early on which sucks. I know some of it is a diet thing too. I haven't been eating the best. I will def start a fiber regimen.