Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Am I the only one still vomiting?

What about energy levels? I seriously have NO energy. Could be due to the fact that I'm not eating much with the nausea I guess. Did anyone notice that their energy increased once they stopped throwing up? I keep reminding myself that this baby is totally worth it but man am I sick of feeling like crap allllllll the time I feel like my boys are suffering because I am not able to play with them and give them the time that they deserve. I just am feeling like a lazy crap mom who just sits there like a useless lump. I know theres nothing I can really do about it but I still feel like I am doing my kids a disservice

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one still vomiting?

Yes and no. As long as I take my zofran I rarely vomit, but if I miss a dose, it's bad news. I'm still down 7 pounds which I'm worried about. I regained my pre-pregnancy weight around this time with DD, but I don't see myself gaining 7 pounds this week. Your energy will come back slowly, but it will come back. Start taking little walks as you can, a block or two if you can muster it.

Don't let the depression get to you, I know it's hard. My DD has watched more television since I got pregnant than in the rest of her life. It will end though and you can go back to having fun and being active with your kids. I know it feels like forever, but I promise it's not. Remember, you are sick, you have an illness that is outside of your control, you would never fault someone else that was so sick for being a little lazy would you? Don't beat yourself up over it.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

I am still vomiting, though not as much. I'd say atleast 5-6 times a week, sometimes more. Not throwing up every single day anymore though, thank GOD.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been feeling so much better the last couple of weeks, and have huge chunks of time where I don't feel sick. That said, I'm still throwing up probably 3 mornings a week (even if I take my zofran). The times where I'm not feeling great I feel irritable and lethargic. I hate it and feel bad for my 1 year old who deserves so much more. But I am feeling so hopeful since my good times are steadily increasing! 3 weeks ago I was in the ER from severe dehydration/nausea/vomiting. I've come so far in just 3 weeks.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Throwing up is manageable due to Zofran but I still have the 24/7 debilitating nausea. And I'm definitely super exhausted still. My house is a mess and I just can't do more than I am now. Very thankful that my kids are not that young and able to understand at least a bit. And I refuse to feel guilty over their TV watching right now!
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

As long as I take my Zofran, I'm ok. I'm still pretty low energy and my weight is lower than my doctor would like, but I'm doing the best I can!

Some days I don't eat if I can't manage it, and some days I feel alright and can eat like a horse.
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Oh man, eating is so hard. I dread eating....
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

I also dread drinking water because that effects me the worse. I have resprted to drinking gatorade even though my doctor doesn't reccommend it because of the sodium. Pedialyte is DISGUTING though and I can't do it. You would think that something that is marketed towards kids would taste better...
Old 11-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
I also dread drinking water because that effects me the worse. I have resprted to drinking gatorade even though my doctor doesn't reccommend it because of the sodium. Pedialyte is DISGUTING though and I can't do it. You would think that something that is marketed towards kids would taste better...
I've had an aversion to water for both of my pregnancies. I can drink maybe a cup's worth every now and again if it's ICE cold, that's it. Other things aren't great to drink, but better than being dehydrated. I went through phases, Ensure, Gatorade, root beer, iced tea, lemonade, and now fruit juice. It scares me a bit because once something is out of favor I have an aversion to it, I'm running out of beverages.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
BBBmOm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope, not alone, still vomiting over here. I have Zofran, but take it as little as possible or (TMI) I don't have anything leave the other way for days either Dairy is really bothering me this time around for some reason, which really sucks bc this momma loves her milk. I'm hoping that the 2nd trimester brings new activities....you know like besides constipation and vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum