Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Craigslist rant

People are so rude. My post got flagged for removal. I had a bunch of stuff I am giving away free & people flagged it. WTH? We had bad weather & the woman wanting it asked if I could hold it until tomorrow. I agreed (but we all know CL people can be fickle) & now it got removed. I'm so tired of this area's CL police acting like poopyheads. I didn't forget it. It hasn't even been 12 hrs on there.

Well they screwed themselves because I will take the stuff to GoodWill next time. I have over 1000 items left to purge this year so the jokes on them. I give away good stuff too. New Balance shoes, a Columbia jacket, books, clothes & a dog cage this time. I just hope that mama shows tomorrow.

Thanks for listening.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Advertisement

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Craigslist rant

It could be the woman who emailed you that flagged it - that way she can be sure no one else gets it first!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I hate Craigslist! Have you ever heard of freecycle?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy View Post
It could be the woman who emailed you that flagged it - that way she can be sure no one else gets it first!
This is an idea but I'm pretty sure several people have to flag it to get it pulled.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post
I hate Craigslist! Have you ever heard of freecycle?
I have used Freecycle in our old town but the one in my new town is strange. I'm not quite sure how to navigate it plus I always forgt my password. We have a free group on FB for our area but they are bossy. You have to answer ISOs, they have a relay team for those with no car (but you have to meet them) and you can't pick who you give it to. You have to give it to the first person that asks. I don't want to deal with all that, I just want it gone. I got spoiled in Fayetteville. I had a guy that pretty much took all my free stuff. He lived 5 minutes away & always dropped everything to get it within 30 minutes of me answering my ad. Ugh, I miss that town more & more every single day.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some people are really immature. I hate using CL and only use it if I have no other option. If I just want stuff gone I have dh load it up and drop it at Good Will or CCA. That or I wait for one of the many charities to call and ask for donations then drop them on the porch and wait for the driver to pick them up. I just don't like to deal with people.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have several good charities here that I donate to, there are a few homeless shelters, one for men, one for women in recovery with children, and one for families.

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #8
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amholb0 View Post
We have several good charities here that I donate to, there are a few homeless shelters, one for men, one for women in recovery with children, and one for families.
Us too! We handpick charities that we really care about and donate to them. When we are too lazy to take it there (its kinda far away), we just donate to our local goodwill. We love that their organization uses the money to give diabled people jobs.

In the end, we also get HUGE tax deductions for doing this. U get to write off the "market value" of the item. Well, at goodwill, pants sell for about $8 and shirts for $7. So, for us, every pair of pants I donate, I get about $2 off my taxes. That's better than I could do if I had a garage sale or tried to sell things here or an craigslist. And no hastle! Its a triple win - a win for the people in need - a win for my finances - and a win for my sanity.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why would people flag a post full of free stuff? Was anything listed expired or recalled? That's just odd.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #10
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

what the heck, who flags free stuff? people are ridiculous. Next time id donate to a womens shelter or homeless shelter if you have one locally, they will appreciate that you are kind enough to give away usable items
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote