Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mel do u have a fever

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, yes I do.

Hopefully I will be able to dose myself up with meds and go into work tomorrow. I have a boatload of things to get done, and this is not helping!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Yes, yes I do.

Hopefully I will be able to dose myself up with meds and go into work tomorrow. I have a boatload of things to get done, and this is not helping!
I think if you're sick you should stay home. No one is going to be happy if you go back to work if you're infectious and then your class gets sick too.

Rest, get well and the Sub will take care of things for you. You have a Sub, dont you? Or is the class divided between other classrooms?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I did a bit this morning and then had a lovely long nap.

Did the dishes, makes some more rice pudding and put dinner in the CP.

This afternoon the Rockin' Abs machine that I ordered this weekend arrived and Heiner and I set it up. Not the kids are having fun rocking on it.

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 02-05-2013 at 08:31 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At school. In one of the kindi classes, next stop is myother kindi class. Not a fan of this floating from class to class.

Had an incident this morning. One of our autistic kids cam in upset, I could hear her in the parking lot screaming. Her father brought her through the kids getting off the bus which ramped her up, she got a hold of a preschool and tossed her across the foyer like a little rag doll. I couldn't get to the girl in time to help and the father was no help he just kept yelling at the autistic girl to stop. Thankfully this little one has seen me n MH's classroom often enough that I was a safe spot in the storm, she got up ran to me and climbed on my lap and hid. The SPED teacher came, got the autistic girl and her Dad out of the situation and I got the preschool calmed down. She is such a tiny little peanut of a girl. There were so many variable with the situation that were messed up. Dad knew the girl was upset yet forced her in through the midst of the chaos, the preschool teachers were late picking up the preschool bus kids (there was a miscommunication on which teacher was going to do it this morning) so the preschooler was in the foyer without a teacher. Preschool normally waits outside and gets the kids from right by the bus. So yeah it was a little cluster #$%^ but everyone is OK. I have to write and incident report since I was the only witness.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #16
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh god...that's a real mess.

How is the girl that was thrown?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That does NOT sound like fun, Jen! Sorry about the rough start to the day.

Janine, I do have a sub, but I don't have that many sick days. They cut our sick days drastically this year. If I can function on meds tomorrow, I will go in.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ugh jen no fun. I could totally see bob being that dad he is clueless sometime
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
That does NOT sound like fun, Jen! Sorry about the rough start to the day.

Janine, I do have a sub, but I don't have that many sick days. They cut our sick days drastically this year. If I can function on meds tomorrow, I will go in.
That's a shame. I hope you feel better
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamacitas. Ian has a playdate after school so I have been picking up. I really didn't think the house was that outta whack until today. It's not filthy or anything, just a lot of things not where they are supposed to be. I have finally finished putting everything away and am sitting down with a cold drink. Then after a bit I will actually dust/sweep/mop and clean this place, which shouldn't take too long.

I am sorry you are sick Mel. That sucks. I had a minor freakout with Ian last night, out of nowhere he had spots up one arm. This morning they are all but gone. He has been having so many weird skin reactions lately, IDK what is going on. Anyway I was worried it might be chicken pox, LOL, with all the crazy viruses that are going around now. I hope the one you have is a mild one.

Jen, ugh. Raj would probably be guilty of that too, LOL. I don't think a lot of people, men in particular, realize how much an ounce of prevention goes with special needs kids. It's hard enough when the variables all go out of whack, you cannot help that sometimes, but even just taking a moment to explain, hey I know you are used to it being this way, but today we need to do it differently and this is what I expect you to do, can make all the difference in the world. And if they still can't handle it, jeez, just sit in the car and let them be late that day. Then if they still freak out at least there isn't anyone else to worry about. But I guess we all have those regretful parenting moments, LOL.