Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: School Fundraiser - did I get ripped off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
The magazine ones take forever to start! Sometimes 3 months!
Oh! That's good to know. Not that I really care though. I, personally, wouldn't make a stink about it but I will remember those kidlets and remember not to give them money next time.

Advertisement

MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the parents should be ultimately responsible for their kids getting the goodies to you. If your kid was selling something you would make sure it got to people, right? The school should make them pay it back!!
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
Thank you for the support! I feel awful complaining since I want to support the school and it really is a small amount, but the whole thing is really irritated, especially being blown off by the mom.

I called the school and the lady was really helpful and sounded understanding. She listed off 2 boys names and asked if it was them (I have no idea) which leads me to believe some of their orders had troubles. She's going to follow up and see if she can pinpoint our order since they have some of the vouchers are still there. Such a simple painless thing, you'd think the mom running the fundraiser would be responsible enough to handle it.

So hopefully they'll track down our voucher and restore my faith in my DDs potential elementary school. I will be very clear in expressing my displeasure in the mom's handling of the situation either way. Thank you for the ideas... I wasn't sure what to do. Someone else suggested filing a police report, but that seems a little overkill.
That's good to know that at least the school cares! Good sign, IMO!

If it were MY kid, I would make sure it was done right... & ALL goods were delivered... I'd feel the school's reputation, my reputation, & my kids' reputations were on the line.... and that I'd better get it all handled correctly... & if something slipped through, because mistakes do happen (although at this point you aren't sure it was a mistake, but you don't know that it was not... poorly handled, yes, absolutely!), I would MAKE it right... & if MY child was one who messed up, I'd pay for it myself & have a long talk w/my DC about honesty, integrity, responsibility, etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmomstl View Post
I think the parents should be ultimately responsible for their kids getting the goodies to you. If your kid was selling something you would make sure it got to people, right? The school should make them pay it back!!
ITA!