Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #71
FernHollow
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,397
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
That is a tough question. I can get them folded down small enough to go comfortably in the smaller setting. But not by folding them the way that I think you are supposed to. I would say they are comparable to an infant pf trifolded and a little thinner than an infant pf trifolded that way.

the way I fold them is lay them out and then fold the top and bottom down to make the rise I want and then fold into thirds or fourths.
That sounds like it probably will work fine. Likely I wouldn't want to CD in the newborn stage, so something that will work at least on a young infant without requiring sizing up a bunch in clothes would be great. I am just going to stick with my decision to stash away the Flip daypacks with the new flats so I have something to use on ds4 later and at least some sort of stash set aside for our (hopeful) future child. I do also have a dozen GMD organic preemie prefolds I could use too.

Honestly at this point I'm just "done" with the cloth diapering obsession and need something functional that will reasonably work from baby to toddler and not be expensive of take up a bunch of space. Thanks for the help Renee. I think this will work fine for our needs

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #72
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow
.

Honestly at this point I'm just "done" with the cloth diapering obsession and need something functional that will reasonably work from baby to toddler and not be expensive of take up a bunch of space:
This is SO me right now!!!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
faiths13's Avatar
faiths13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 16,956
My Mood:
Haven't been on DS in weeks and find this! I was going to switch back to flats, but I'm wondering if I should try these first. Do you think they would work and be absorbent enough go kite fold on an older dc? Also, does anyone have these besides CBs? I cant seem to find them in a google search.
__________________
Beth - homeschooling, Christ loving mom to Magus '99, Malakai '01, Bastian '07, Jace '09, Step Mom to Seth '95, married to Damon, love of my life!
My last ds is pl'ed!

Last edited by faiths13; 02-07-2013 at 03:52 PM.
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #74
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,806
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
That sounds like it probably will work fine. Likely I wouldn't want to CD in the newborn stage, so something that will work at least on a young infant without requiring sizing up a bunch in clothes would be great. I am just going to stick with my decision to stash away the Flip daypacks with the new flats so I have something to use on ds4 later and at least some sort of stash set aside for our (hopeful) future child. I do also have a dozen GMD organic preemie prefolds I could use too.

Honestly at this point I'm just "done" with the cloth diapering obsession and need something functional that will reasonably work from baby to toddler and not be expensive of take up a bunch of space. Thanks for the help Renee. I think this will work fine for our needs
I hope I was able to help! I understand, I feel similar and Im only on child number 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
Haven't been on DS in weeks and find this! I was going to switch back to flats, but I'm wondering if I should try these first. Do you think they would work and be absorbent enough go kite fold on an older dc? Also, does anyone have these besides CBs? I cant seem to find them in a google search.
I was wondering where you were! Here comes a brand new trim insert and no Beth anywhere?

I can definitely say they would not go in a kite fold for an older one. In fact they would barely do it for a newbie. It is the size and shape they are. The way I have been snappying them on has been to fold in half and then trifold, open up wings and snappi them on. They are stretchy so they are AWESOME for that. The only other fold I can see working with their shape is to fold in half and then bikini twist. And they might be too trim for that, haven't tried it yet. Also they are so trim and stretchy, I think they would take a doubler really well. They are a weird shape though after being used to standard flats for so long. They are basically a long rectangle.

Its weird but after a few days of using them pretty much exclusively I miss my soft fluffy prefolds! I know Im a weirdo though.

Yes a few retailers have them. I can't remember who though now. someone even found a retailer who is selling them individually to try.
__________________
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me - Martin Niemöller

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 02-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #75
faiths13's Avatar
faiths13
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Oaks, CA
Posts: 16,956
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I hope I was able to help! I understand, I feel similar and Im only on child number 3!



I was wondering where you were! Here comes a brand new trim insert and no Beth anywhere?

I can definitely say they would not go in a kite fold for an older one. In fact they would barely do it for a newbie. It is the size and shape they are. The way I have been snappying them on has been to fold in half and then trifold, open up wings and snappi them on. They are stretchy so they are AWESOME for that. The only other fold I can see working with their shape is to fold in half and then bikini twist. And they might be too trim for that, haven't tried it yet. Also they are so trim and stretchy, I think they would take a doubler really well. They are a weird shape though after being used to standard flats for so long. They are basically a long rectangle.

Its weird but after a few days of using them pretty much exclusively I miss my soft fluffy prefolds! I know Im a weirdo though.

Yes a few retailers have them. I can't remember who though now. someone even found a retailer who is selling them individually to try.
lol! they look great, but i am not really looking for anything to pad fold because i hate pul touching my ds. too bad they wont kite fold! but i am tempted to try a few and fold them the way you said. im just worried about how well they will boingo on. sounds better than the "night" organics though. and i dont think you are weird - there is just something about birdseye that i love too!
__________________
Beth - homeschooling, Christ loving mom to Magus '99, Malakai '01, Bastian '07, Jace '09, Step Mom to Seth '95, married to Damon, love of my life!
My last ds is pl'ed!
faiths13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #76
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee
.

Its weird but after a few days of using them pretty much exclusively I miss my soft fluffy prefolds! .
What do you miss about prefolds? Am I the only one that doesn't love the quilty-ness of them?!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #77
FernHollow
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,397
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Just got home and had a chance to open my package of these. I definitely made the right choice to keep them. I'm really hoping that the new supplements that ds4's naturopath has him on will make it so he can go back into cloth soon, because these look really great. If not, I'm most definitely keeping them for hopefully baby #6. And if we aren't able to have another one, then maybe I'll just sew them into a big quilt for myself Seriously they are SO soft.

They appear to be very trim and very versatile. Literally the entire 3 daypacks (6 covers, 24 inserts) fits into our Planetwise large wetbag (I put them in it for storage), plus room for 3 dozen flannel wipes, with room to spare. They look like they will be awesome for mamas looking to save space on CDs in diaper bags, etc. They are definitely the same awesome buttery soft material as our beloved BGEs (that we no longer own) so I am thrilled with that. I definitely think they will be trim on a young baby but likely work fine on an older toddler or even be able to be doubled for nights for an older baby without being too bulky. I have to say I'm really truly impressed. Now I just need to get pregnant with a sticky baby so I have an actual reason to hoard these since DS4 is not in cloth.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #78
FernHollow
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,397
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
What do you miss about prefolds? Am I the only one that doesn't love the quilty-ness of them?!
Nope not the only one. I love to pet a nice fluffy stack of prefolds ( )...but they are too bulky on a baby. Just not my thing. I like to be able to buy certain brands of clothes without stressing about fluff fitting in them.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #79
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow

Nope not the only one. I love to pet a nice fluffy stack of prefolds ( )...but they are too bulky on a baby. Just not my thing. I like to be able to buy certain brands of clothes without stressing about fluff fitting in them.
Glad I am not the only one! I was tryin to force myself to love prefolds but I am just not feeling it!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #80
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,806
My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
lol! they look great, but i am not really looking for anything to pad fold because i hate pul touching my ds. too bad they wont kite fold! but i am tempted to try a few and fold them the way you said. im just worried about how well they will boingo on. sounds better than the "night" organics though. and i dont think you are weird - there is just something about birdseye that i love too!
Oh yeah I totally forgot you don't like PUL to touch the skin. Well I just got some boingos 2 days ago and LOVE them. I have boingod them on under a front snapping cover with just one like you would a flat, haven't tried two boingos with them yet. ANd I imagine with a pull on cover that one boingo wouldn't hold? Yes I can't seem to get away from birdseye. The flip flats are nice but they are so weird feeling to me to use as a diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
What do you miss about prefolds? Am I the only one that doesn't love the quilty-ness of them?!
I just dont' know, I just love how soft and fluffy they are and how they make such a nice comfortable looking diaper and how they fold just right in a trifold. And I love when they come clean out of the dryer and all I have to do is stack them on top of each other and laundry is done! I also love the trimness of flats so I do keep going back and forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
Just got home and had a chance to open my package of these. I definitely made the right choice to keep them. I'm really hoping that the new supplements that ds4's naturopath has him on will make it so he can go back into cloth soon, because these look really great. If not, I'm most definitely keeping them for hopefully baby #6. And if we aren't able to have another one, then maybe I'll just sew them into a big quilt for myself Seriously they are SO soft.

They appear to be very trim and very versatile. Literally the entire 3 daypacks (6 covers, 24 inserts) fits into our Planetwise large wetbag (I put them in it for storage), plus room for 3 dozen flannel wipes, with room to spare. They look like they will be awesome for mamas looking to save space on CDs in diaper bags, etc. They are definitely the same awesome buttery soft material as our beloved BGEs (that we no longer own) so I am thrilled with that. I definitely think they will be trim on a young baby but likely work fine on an older toddler or even be able to be doubled for nights for an older baby without being too bulky. I have to say I'm really truly impressed. Now I just need to get pregnant with a sticky baby so I have an actual reason to hoard these since DS4 is not in cloth.
That is awesome! Glad you finally got yours and you like them.

eta: Successfully boingoed them and they are awesome. So stretchy! I did the side boingo that seems necessary to make boingos work really well and it worked perfect.
__________________
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist.Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me - Martin Niemöller

Last edited by ReadingRenee; 02-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.