Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need a little reassurance

I agree with everyone else. You need to get an ultrasound. Don't worry about your doctor. They are used to it. I once told my oncologist that I was going to refuse radiation treatment. However I eventually backed down and she is one of my favorite doctors now. Doctors are used to people demanding care to a certain point. Yeah you will be a pain in the side but who cares? This is your body and you need to fight for what you want!

Oh and yes the baby is VERY low still. They did my ultrasound last week (14 weeks) and the baby is STILL low. That is normal.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh hun
I didn't get to hear my first son until I was 14 weeks, so I know how paranoia sets in. My uterus tilts backwards, so it was difficult for my MW to find it.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
After my 2 m/c I had to buy a doppler.

where was she trying to find it at? yes I know that sounds crazy but some people think to look higher than actually where baby is.

I always find baby's hb right at my pubic hair line, even at 11weeks.
She was looking from right to left and left to right and up and down (all well below my belly button and right near my hip bones area). So, i thought low enough. She also tried pressing really hard (trying to not hurt me due to the UTI) and couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I agree with everyone else. You need to get an ultrasound. Don't worry about your doctor. They are used to it. I once told my oncologist that I was going to refuse radiation treatment. However I eventually backed down and she is one of my favorite doctors now. Doctors are used to people demanding care to a certain point. Yeah you will be a pain in the side but who cares? This is your body and you need to fight for what you want!

Oh and yes the baby is VERY low still. They did my ultrasound last week (14 weeks) and the baby is STILL low. That is normal.
Yah, she said the baby is still so small it can hide, plus your uterus is really tilted (she could only find my cervix once she inserted speculum for the pap) so that is why. But i don't understand why with my other pregnancies they could hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Mommy View Post
Oh hun
I didn't get to hear my first son until I was 14 weeks, so I know how paranoia sets in. My uterus tilts backwards, so it was difficult for my MW to find it.
Did they try to find it earlier? or did you just go in at 14 weeks?

My uterus is very tilted too.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd call in and ask for (demand) a u/s. Bummer she didn't have an internal one to check you with!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

They tried finding it at 12 weeks, but couldn't so they had me come in at 14.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I'd call in and ask for (demand) a u/s. Bummer she didn't have an internal one to check you with!

Yah, or i'll ask to come in a couple days to get checked to see if they can hear it with a doppler. I'm just afraid i won't be able to hold enough liquid with this UTI I don't think i could drink the 2 L and hold it without dying Plus, it takes weeks to get in regularly for an ultrasound. I wonder if they could 'rush' it? Our system here sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Mommy View Post
They tried finding it at 12 weeks, but couldn't so they had me come in at 14.
So, i turn 13 weeks tomorrow (wednesday). She said she would try in 4 weeks at my next appt, putting me 17 weeks. It seems so long to 'wait and see'. Or am i being to anxious
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They actually had me pee before my U/S, and granted I don't have a tilted ute but they could see everything fine
Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #18
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
They actually had me pee before my U/S, and granted I don't have a tilted ute but they could see everything fine
Oh. The last time the instructions said to drink 2 L 2 hours before and i drank about 1.5 and then had to be sent to the washroom 3 times to 'let a little out'. Oh, yah, that was fun. I might be able to do it if i didn't have to drink all the water and have the pain of an overfull irritated bladder.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would call and try to get an u/s just to calm your nerves. My OB couldn't get this baby's hb on Doppler at 12 weeks. Actually, he would get snippets but says he thought baby was going down below my pubic bone. He grabbed an u/s machine and we saw hb on there briefly. I'm sure all is fine but I understand how nervous you feel. Hugs, mama!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #20
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

you don't have to drink that much...I just set up an appt for my 12 week u/s and the nurse said "you don't have to drink all that water that they say....no need to be coming in bursting at the seams. Just drink water like you normally would."
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote