Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else hate BRU?

I went there yesterday to get a stuffed animal. Didn't think it would be that hard to find right? WRONG!! They shipped them all to TRU!! Isn't a stuffed animal the typical thing to give a BABY??

They also didn't have the carseat we were looking at.

I am starting to think they are useless. Or they cater to the lowest common denominator! I didn't think that I was that uppity (compared to the rest of this are) and I can't find anything I want when I go there!

So am I alone?

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else hate BRU?

I don't really hate them, but they never have anything I'm looking at online in the store, so I get that. I find most of their stuff overpriced and don't love their return policy so with the exception if a few bigger items I can't find elepsewhere, we don't shop there
Old 02-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
momto2princesses
Registered Users

I think they're ok except for being so overpriced!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I try to avoid them like the plague. But sometimes I don't know where else to go. The whole time my son was super young and I was using up gift cards I kept saying no when they asked if I wanted to the rewards card. I thought once I used up the last gift card there is no going back. Well I don't go much but sometimes I do. Ug. I finally got the rewards card. I had intended to avoid tru but I go there sometimes too so I broke down.

They do anger me though.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. They prey on hormones. About 90% of the things in that store are overpriced and unnecessary. I do go sometimes... but not often. I wanted to use the trade-in on a Radian, but it is in stores only.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't have one close, but I liked going there before we moved for a few things, for their selection (compared to WM). But def overpriced. Most of the items I'd get there were the paci's I liked, toddler cups, and dishes, and baby sheets. I'd buy clearance clothes occasionally too. But I'm not really hearbroken about not having one around here now. I just get tired of WM being the only thing in town to buy stuff for kids. ya know?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

ours is combined with TRU so it's not horrible. But I hate going there with dd.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am not a fan either. They are overpriced and they like to exclude things from their coupons/deals and have some pretty random policies. I had two irritating issues in the past couple years that have made me swear them off.

One, I wanted to buy a crib soother for DS. I took my trusty 20% off coupon in to get it but they said that it couldn't be used as a crib soother is not a baby item but, rather, a toy and it was coded under the TRU system not the BRU . Huh?? It was in the baby section and there was no exclusion on the coupon, either.

My second issue with them was over an extra car seat base I bought for our infant car seat. We used a Chicco KeyFit seat and it can be used with just a seat belt and no base. We didn't know this when we bought it so I bought the extra base for DH's truck. We rarely out DS in DH's truck so I went to return the base, still in original packaging, never opened and receipt in hand. I didn't notice until they pointed it out to me but I was 3 days outside of the 90-day return window. They agreed to return it for me anyway but only after taking another 15% off my return amount since it was now a "no-receipt" return and had been on sale a few weeks prior. I argued with them about it as I had my receipt but they (management included) wouldn't budge. I finally caved b/c there was no way I could sell it for near what I paid but I was p.o.'d. So they can keep their crap and their crappy customer non-service. I choose to spend my dollars elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
purpleshelly860
Registered Users
seller

Almost everything they sell is cheaper on Amazon, so I don't bother with BRU mostly. Unless they are having a Plum Organics sale.
purpleshelly860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Housefullofgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My TRU and BRU are combined too. I don't mind them but alot of times I end up buying whatever I need at Target or ebay cheaper. Amazon once for a carseat but amazon can be pricy too.