Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Never ending stash decisions...MEOS gets to stay :)

I have some Motherease one size fitteds. I used them for nights for awhile and loved them but then switched to just a bamboo prefold w/doubler in a fleece cover and loved that this combo was super easy for anyone (babysitter, Daddy, Grandparents). As the MEOS sat in my diaper drawer for a couple months I kept being wishy washy about selling or keeping them. I was so sure I was keeping them and then just a couple days ago I listed them on FSOT deciding I shouldn't just have them sitting there for "what if I need them".

Well...tonight DS came out of his room saying his leg hurt. I noticed that his leg was a little red from the aplix/elastic. This is unusual but he's been very active in his nighttime diaper this evening and I think that did it. What did I reach for??? My MEOS fitted with the super soft leg binding and snaps. I put it on him covered it with a Green Bummis pull on and he ran off to bed super happy because in his words "I love green"

I will be keeping my MEOS for that "I might need them" moment

Do you have a "I might need them" diaper?

Advertisement

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14

Last edited by togetherinthelandofoz; 02-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Never ending stash decisions...MEOS gets to stay :)

ditto, i asked myself the same question about my meos stash last year, keep or sell? but i love them, use them routinely in my stash with both my LOs. what i will always keep at hand: large flats, large prefolds, meos
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansen19 View Post
ditto, i asked myself the same question about my meos stash last year, keep or sell? but i love them, use them routinely in my stash with both my LOs. what i will always keep at hand: large flats, large prefolds, meos
Me too! Some flats, prefolds & MEOS How many MEOS do you keep on hand. I keep going back and forth between 4-6. (I have 1 LO in diapers right now but plan for more)

Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have a dozen LOL i had 2 dz+ but recently destashed half! ... to fund large prefolds of course
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansen19 View Post
i have a dozen LOL i had 2 dz+ but recently destashed half! ... to fund large prefolds of course
I had a dozen and went down to 6. I'm thinking I should stick with six. Any less and I might not have enough! Lol

*If my replies seem short or I don't include links it's because I'm on my phone.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I had some ME OS with my older kids and could never destash them either. Then one day my then 5yo ds was really sick. He had a couple of accidents where he didn't make it to the potty before runny poo went all down his leg. He was so mad and embarrassed. It took some talking, but I finally got him into a ME OS. It fit like bikini underwear, but held in the next mega runny poo. Ds was fine with wearing them through the rest of his sickies that day. I have already gotten five stay-dry ones for our TTC stash, but need one more to make it even.

I love my prefolds, and never destashed them (they are my favorite cleaning cloths now), but even they would not have held up to this episode.

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 02-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree View Post
I had some ME OS with my older kids and could never destash them either. Then one day my then 5yo ds was really stick. He had a couple of accidents where he didn't make it to the potty before runny poo went all down his leg. He was so mad and embarrassed. It took some talking, but I finally got him into a ME OS. It fit like bikini underwear, but held in the next mega runny poo. Ds was fine with wearing them through the rest of his sickies that day. I have already gotten five stay-dry ones for our TTC stash, but need one more to make it even.

I love my prefolds, and never destashed them (they are my favorite cleaning clothes now), but even they would not have held up to this episode.
yikes on the runny poo! poor guy. i think i've seen stay dry meos in mixed lots?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Come on, people! I'm on a diaper buying hiatus and all this talk of how awesome the MEOS are makes me kinda want one. It's like the one Motherease product I haven't tried yet.

A LOOOONG time ago, Target carried this line of organic baby stuff made by the Little Seed specially for Target. I diligently kept an eye on it until it went on clearance. I bought 8 of the receiving blankets for about $30. They were double layer jersey knit with serged edges and just really fun to look at. I used them off and on for night diapering for over a year. They functioned just like a Flip organic. I eventually decided to try something else and put them away. I was sure I was done with them, so I boxed them up, then I got out the boy ones to use as actual blankets for our boy, then attempted to sell the girly ones, then put them in my sewing stash. About 2 months ago, I dug them out and am using them for nights again. I'm glad I kept them and that nobody was interested in buying them.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 15 meos for this reason, we like the sandies best but once in a while the girls legs get irritated from the elastics and I out them in a meos to clear it up. They are great diapers
Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's flats and prefolds for me. They are always there for when I get extra lazy about doing diaper laundry and I figure they will be useful forever (plus with the weight, not really worth selling due to shipping costs).

I was looking at some MEOS, DD gets irritated if she doesn't have some sort of stay dry layer (esp. for naps/night). How are the snap in liners for MEOS?