Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #21
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how much sleep?

I go to sleep around 10:30-11:00pm & get up at 5. Recently, DD was waking once during the night for a diaper change & that was rough. I have difficulty falling asleep & I'm a light sleeper...plus, just recently, I've been having some aches & pains that wake me up. I feel better if I take Benadryl before bed to get a good night's sleep very few months, but I haven't done that in a while, since I feel like I have to be ready to get up with DD &/or DP is sick & I want to let her sleep.

Advertisement

carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #22
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

10pm to 4:30am-- with at least one nursing session. during the week. Weekends I sleep till 7 or 8 depending on the kids and when DH has to leave for work.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #23
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

This thread is making me feel a little more normal! I am the WORST sleeper and I have definitely passed this trait onto my son. He's getting better but I still wake up a bunch in the middle of the night. Got to bed at 10 and wake up at 7 but I am up prob 5-6 times at night and ds wakes up at 5 for a bottle.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #24
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am glad and sad to hear that lots of others don't get solid 8 hrs sleep. I really can function on 6-8 hrs of sleep but (for me) it needs to be SOLID sleep. I HATE waking up a gagillion times a night. I have one kid sleeping in our room who thinks that the majority of her "nutrition" should be had in the middle of the night...she drinks on average 16-20 oz a night. Then I have a kid with night terrors who will randomly wake up SCREAMING. And another kid who refuses to use the bathroom ...in...his....room!! but uses the one right by my door and wakes me up every time to tell me he is going potty
Then we all need to get up at 6:30 to get ready for school, but a lot of times one of the kids will wake up at 5:30 instead, and Ican't fall asleep with "knowing" my alarma is about to go off...so I lay there ....waiting.

And I could type a half page rant about DH ...but I'll just sum it up...he gets WAY more sleep than me

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #25
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually 7ish hours, but more often than not, it is interrupted. I know I really need to go to bed earlier. I usually am in bed by 11:30, and get up around 6:30 to run.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #26
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

7 or 8 but its not straight. If its not the baby waking to nurse or the toddler needing a drink, I'm up to pee or just randomly awake, laying between 2 littles so ill go on my phone for a while. Some days I have to get up at 6 to take dh to work then I go back to sleep for an hr til I have to take the teens to school. Once my older kids were bigger, I would sleep a straight 9 hours. Now I'm back to sleeping so little and lightly that the night the littles took turns waking every 10 min didn't even affect me the next day.

Sent from Future Dwight
Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #27
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I usually end up going to bed around 12 or 1am. Even when I aim for earlier, I end up thinking of things I "need" to do before bed, and it just doesn't happen. I then end up reading for a minimum of half an hour to get me sleepy before I nod off. Both my girls sleep well, but I rarely go a night without waking up at least briefly, and then they're up about 7-8am. This morning the baby decided 5am was a good time to get up. She was up until 7:30, which is when of course I have to get her big sister up for school.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #28
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Feed baby at midnight go to sleep wake up at few four am feed baby go back to bed and then toddler wakes up at 6. I feel like I am a walking zombie some days
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A typical night, I'm in bed at 2 am, up at 6 am. Sleep is interrupted by the baby and DH coming home from work at 5 am. Then I try to take a one hour nap after work from 6 pm to 7 pm. And that's it.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #30
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thankfully the baby sttn so I get 8+ hours a night
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote